2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Current M1 (almost M2), let me know if you have any questions regarding PCOM! (or DM me).

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol finally got the pre-II R, meanwhile, I've already been accepted to an MD. Surprised since I thought this was my top realistic choice. Welp, good luck to everyone else haha it's a great school

Haven't seen any reported on SDN, but their class fb grows everyday. I'd assume there's been some movement.
been noticing that too. Trying to not let it make me go crazy lol. There has to be some WL movement eventually

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just throwing it out there because I went ahead and looked on the previous year thread:

Those of you on the fellow WL, expect some movement after 06/04.

Reason: PCOM post-bacc term ends and in the previous year, there was some *notable* movement on the coming days after then.

Happy Thursday y’all!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just throwing it out there because I went ahead and looked on the previous year thread:

Those of you on the fellow WL, expect some movement after 06/04.

Reason: PCOM post-bacc term ends and in the previous year, there was some *notable* movement on the coming days after then.

Happy Thursday y’all!
Thank you for this info!! Let's see what happens!

Reactions: 1 user
The Facebook group might be growing every day but the official email group has not. The number has been slowly decreasing and no new members have been added this week except one person on Monday. There will most likely be movement soon as those seats get filled!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
The Facebook group might be growing every day but the official email group has not. The number has been slowly decreasing and no new members have been added this week except one person on Monday. There will most likely be movement soon as those seats get filled!
thank for giving us WLers insight from the inside! I greatly appreciate this comment, as it’s helping with my anxiety and overall patience :,)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
thank for giving us WLers insight from the inside! I greatly appreciate this comment, as it’s helping with my anxiety and overall patience :,)
Waiting is the hardest part...

been noticing that too. Trying to not let it make me go crazy lol. There has to be some WL movement eventually
Sending some hope, but the FB group has a lot of current students trying to sell us book/ supplies. So it’s not all* incoming M1s

Reactions: 3 users
Manifesting movement in the next few weeks for everyone! <3

Don't lose hope guys!! (But also don't neglect your reapplication like i did LOL)

Reactions: 4 users
This school ghosted me two years in a row and am still salty lol. Just barely received a Pre-II R. Thankfully I have multiple MD acceptances. Really annoying how some schools treat prospective students.

😭😭😭 There’s hope for WL movement! I just got the A today after being waitlisted 5/5 after 3/30 II. Overjoyed bc this was my only WL and my top choice. Truly thankful for this thread for the support and sanity

Reactions: 11 users
😭😭😭 There’s hope for WL movement! I just got the A today after being waitlisted 5/5 after 3/30 II. Overjoyed bc this was my only WL and my top choice. Truly thankful for this thread for the support and sanity
Congratulations Future Doc!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Just got off the waitlist too and II was on march 3 waitlisted march 22!! good luck yall

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I received my A today. I cried so much that my eyes were burning.

I was interviewed in April and waitlisted in May.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats all!!! Did you all receive notification (morning/afternoon?) via email or just checked the portal?

I accepted off the waitlist today as well!! Interviewed 4/11 and WL on 5/5. I’m still in shock and so overjoyed

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone know if PCOM ever accepts people who were waitlisted earlier in the cycle?

Yesterday at the South Georgia campus someone was accepted after waiting 7 months … don’t lose hope

This may be a stupid question, but for those of you on the WL are you reapplying now for the next cycle? I’m worried that my app for the 2023 cycle will screw up my current app/WL spot in the portal.

This may be a stupid question, but for those of you on the WL are you reapplying now for the next cycle? I’m worried that my app for the 2023 cycle will screw up my current app/WL spot in the portal.
It shouldn't. If you recall the portal wasn't up and running for payment until late August. You should be fine.

I don't think putting in a new app for the 2023 cycle will screw it up, but you can always call admissions to double check.

It won’t

I applied to their Post bacc while doing the DO app and it lists as two different spots under the same portal. At any moment you can withdraw one for any reason. It has no bearing on your current WL.

Prayyyyyyyying for some more WL movement.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Hello, I'm a future applicant for the 2022-2023 cycle and was wondering if anyone knows if PCOM takes AP credit for the pre-requisites (like exemption out of the first semester of physics?)

For those that received decisions and got off of the waitlist, did you all notice changes to their portal before seeing the decision on there?

I have noticed a change to my portal but do not know what to expect