2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You are correct, however PCOM has a "secondary" in that they send you a link to set up a portal etc like other schools do as well as pay the extra fee they charge.

Members don't see this ad.

Looking at their website I'm getting a vibe that these emails should be automated as they only review them after getting the fee. However I heard from more than one school that they have a problem importing some of the data this year. I wouldn't be concerned really - they didn't start. It's so early that some schools are even giving discounts on 2° for applying now ;)

Looking at their website I'm getting a vibe that these emails should be automated as they only review them after getting the fee. However I heard from more than one school that they have a problem importing some of the data this year. I wouldn't be concerned really - they didn't start. It's so early that some schools are even giving discounts on 2° for applying now ;)
Where do you get a discount for applying early lol

Members don't see this ad :)
You are correct, however PCOM has a "secondary" in that they send you a link to set up a portal etc like other schools do as well as pay the extra fee they charge.
ohhhh okay I see. as long as I don't have to write any more essays

Does anybody know when interview invites start getting sent out?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know when interview invites start getting sent out?
We haven’t even gotten secondaries to pay the review fee $$$$. A part of me feels like they are behind and will skim through our apps

Reactions: 4 users
We haven’t even gotten secondaries to pay the review fee $$$$. A part of me feels like they are behind and will skim through our apps
PCOM doesn't have secondaries. Everything that was needed (i.e. supplementary essay) was part of the AACOMAS application

PCOM doesn't have secondaries. Everything that was needed (i.e. supplementary essay) was part of the AACOMAS application
We still have to pay for the review fee of 75 dollars I believe.
1625763641819.png

Reactions: 2 users
They have a secondary fee though. Sure no extra essays, but they need to process our apps on their system.

There is a 75 dollar review fee they send you information on how to pay

Members don't see this ad :)
Got it! Didn't know that, thanks! So they didn't send instructions on how to submit that payment yet?
That's what we're all waiting for friend.

Reactions: 1 users
On the primary question are they referring to something specific when they say "one aspect" (ie. choosing 1 mission bulleit point)? Or is it just a broad question?

What am I missing... I thought the secondary was the supplemental application on AACOMAS.

Per their website:

Does PCOM’s DO program have secondary applications?​

There are no supplemental application requirements for 2022 admission. Rather, in the AACOMAS application, visit the Program Materials section of your PCOM application and respond to the questions posed on the Questions tab.
Yeah I just think most people missed this. There's no PCOM secondary.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210711-221538_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210711-221538_Chrome.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 199
Was someone going to contact this week about when their timeline for the secondary fee is going to be sent out? I know a reddit user said they were having issues with getting AACOMAS released to them.

Was someone going to contact this week about when their timeline for the secondary fee is going to be sent out? I know a reddit user said they were having issues with getting AACOMAS released to them.
I just called them, got the same answer as 2 weeks ago in regards to the confirmation and processing fee emails. "We have not sent out the emails yet for the upcoming cycle, but we should very soon"

Take that as you will. Sounds like something is interrupting the cycle for them.

I just called them, got the same answer as 2 weeks ago in regards to the confirmation and processing fee emails. "We have not sent out the emails yet for the upcoming cycle, but we should very soon"

Take that as you will. Sounds like something is interrupting the cycle for them.
I'm just going to push back their timeline by a month or two then.
So I I'll just wait till August then start worrying again lol 😹

• Haha
Not the user you tagged, but PCOM actually has its own ortho residency and some other competitive specialties' residencies as well. As far as DO schools go, PCOM is a good one if you're shooting high
It’s a HUGE coincidence, but I live in Wisconsin and I actually have two separate friends and their dads are both orthopedic surgeons from PCOM. Both ended up moving to Wisconsin lol so it’s possible

Yes PCOM really values community involvement and service! There’s a large underserved population in the surrounding area so PCOM tries to get involved as much as possible. They have a multitude of outreach programs including their free student clinic, middle school enrichment program, HPREP, and many others. A lot of students also volunteer at MANNA which involves packaging food for underserved.
Where are you finding this information?

Yes PCOM really values community involvement and service! There’s a large underserved population in the surrounding area so PCOM tries to get involved as much as possible. They have a multitude of outreach programs including their free student clinic, middle school enrichment program, HPREP, and many others. A lot of students also volunteer at MANNA which involves packaging food for underserved.
I love how PCOM also had on their website something like “Osteopathic medicine is rigorous, but that doesn’t mean still have fun!” Haha

I love how PCOM also had on their website something like “Osteopathic medicine is rigorous, but that doesn’t mean still have fun!” Haha
Being a bone wizard is fun in itself though!

Still no request for secondary fee over here/haven't heard from PCOM since the primary. Anyone else?

Every year AACOMAS changes something in the way they send applications and every year IT has to figure a work around it. Also remember it is Summer and the height of vacation season. They typically will start the download process when they have staff on hand to handle the influx of thousands of applications. As soon as they download an email goes out and the app fees start coming in and they begin to process the apps. Then everyone is wondering when they will be processed and will keep checking the portals. This is a marathon so you have to remember they get over 13,000 apps every year and it is a very work intensive process checking apps for the required letters, MCAT scores etc.

Does anyone know if PCOM accepts a good amount of Canadians? If so, which campus?
Their DO program does not accept any international applicants. International being those who do not have US citizenship or green card.

I heard many schools having a problem with AACOMAS & systems from ZAP this year. RowanSOM finally sent it this week so if PCOM is using ZAP (which is a huge vendor in med school space) we can certainly see other school's delays resolve as well.

Has anyone received a secondary fee email from any of the PCOM campuses? I submitted June 23rd and have not heard anything yet.

Has anyone called or emailed to get updates about the secondary fee?

So I emailed them yesterday and they are still finalizing their 2021 class and haven’t started reviewing 2022 apps. They said they would start over the next couple weeks and start sending out secondary fee emails

Reactions: 6 users
So I emailed them yesterday and they are still finalizing their 2021 class and haven’t started reviewing 2022 apps. They said they would start over the next couple weeks and start sending out secondary fee emails
Oh man they are quite behind. Classes were supposed to start like a couple weeks ago for first years if I'm not mistaken.

Oh man they are quite behind. Classes were supposed to start like a couple weeks ago for first years if I'm not mistaken.
That’s what I thought too so I’m not sure what they are actually finalizing but that’s what they told me

Second years started a few weeks ago. First years have orientation next week

• Hmm
Reactions: 10 users