2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today scheduled for 02/18! 496, 3.83, URM & OOS

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing next week! Does anyone who interviewed this cycle have any tips or remember some questions you were asked? TIA

Tips for my interview? I am interviewing later today so if anyone can respond quickly, it would help. Thanks!!!

Interviewing next week! Does anyone who interviewed this cycle have any tips or remember some questions you were asked? TIA
Hi! Honestly its two people interviewing you and both of my interviewers were super nice and chill. They both asked if I was nervous and told me not to be. The type of questions they asked were simple ones because it's a "closed file interview", so they know nothing but your first and last name. I would just try to remember to elaborate on your answers more than you would in a open file interview because they have no idea what experience you have. Basically sell yourself! You got this!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who got accepted feel like their interview was not that good? Interviewed today and don't think mine went that well :( but still hoping for the best.

Anyone who got accepted feel like their interview was not that good? Interviewed today and don't think mine went that well :( but still hoping for the best.
Me, my interviewers were stone faced and emotionless. I got in though

I withdrew my acceptance here! Hope you guys get it!

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my acceptance here today! Good luck to you all! :)

Withdrew my acceptance here this morning. I hope that leads to an exciting email for those of you still waiting!

I haven't heard anything since submitting my secondary in August.... anyone in the same boat?

Interviewed earlier this month and just got waitlisted. Does anyone know if there's a lot of waitlist movement at this school and when it normally happens?

Does anyone know if there's an accepted group me or Facebook group?

Can anyone let me know what it looks like on their portal for their rec letters? I submitted my app in August and just logged into the portal to see that they received all of my rec letters on 2/15/22? I received the email that they had received my application in August.

Is it possible there was a processing issue on their end? I had a fee waiver and corresponded with someone via email regarding this back in July. It's obviously my mistake for not noticing this before, but has this happened to anyone else?

Can anyone let me know what it looks like on their portal for their rec letters? I submitted my app in August and just logged into the portal to see that they received all of my rec letters on 2/15/22? I received the email that they had received my application in August.

Is it possible there was a processing issue on their end? I had a fee waiver and corresponded with someone via email regarding this back in July. It's obviously my mistake for not noticing this before, but has this happened to anyone else?
I noticed that even though my rec letters were also submitted in August, any time I logged into my portal the "date received" would update to today's date or the day before. I think it just may be the system.

I noticed that even though my rec letters were also submitted in August, any time I logged into my portal the "date received" would update to today's date or the day before. I think it just may be the system.
Ah, okay, I could have sworn I had previously seen that they had received everything but it's been months so I couldn't remember. Breathing a sigh of relief. Thanks!

Just curious did anyone else have this statement at the end of their waitlist letter "We are hopeful that we will have a place for you in the Class of 2026 and appreciate your continued interest in South Georgia and in the Osteopathic Medicine (DO) program." Does this mean they have a lot of waitlist movement or something? My other waitlist letter was more along the lines of waitlist movement is unpredictable so don't get your hopes up lol. Or am I just reading into it too much haha.

Just curious did anyone else have this statement at the end of their waitlist letter "We are hopeful that we will have a place for you in the Class of 2026 and appreciate your continued interest in South Georgia and in the Osteopathic Medicine (DO) program." Does this mean they have a lot of waitlist movement or something? My other waitlist letter was more along the lines of waitlist movement is unpredictable so don't get your hopes up lol. Or am I just reading into it too much haha.
This was also in my waitlist letter! However, I'm not sure if this means they have a lot of waitlist movement or not.

Does anyone know if lecture attendance here is mandatory?

I interviewed back in Nov and am still on the waitlist. I submitted an update letter that was added to my file but silence since. Anyone know when waitlist movement traditionally happens?

Got the A! IS; complete in September; interviewed & waitlisted in December.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed back in Nov and am still on the waitlist. I submitted an update letter that was added to my file but silence since. Anyone know when waitlist movement traditionally happens?
I interviewed on November 8th and was waitlisted on November 23rd. I was accepted off the waitlist last week on March 8th! I did not submit any letters of intent or update letters! I am praying you are accepted off the waitlist!!

For anyone who has checked their portal recently is your assigned staff missing? I remember being the director of admission at one point?

For anyone who has checked their portal recently is your assigned staff missing? I remember being the director of admission at one point?
Yes mine is gone as well does it mean they are all done interviewing? :(

Yes mine is gone as well does it mean they are all done interviewing? :(
This is what I was trying to figure out! I do know that interviews go up to April and even May but it’s also late in the cycle so don’t want to hold onto false hope 😞

Hey everyone! I'm not sure if there's an official accepted students Facebook page, but I made a Class of 2026 GroupMe for us to ask questions and to get to know each other! Feel free to join: GroupMe

I interviewed on November 8th and was waitlisted on November 23rd. I was accepted off the waitlist last week on March 8th! I did not submit any letters of intent or update letters! I am praying you are accepted off the waitlist!!
Thank you, that means a lot💜