2021-2022 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
same :( i'm like finally my first II only to be sad the rest of the morning :(
I legit woke up, saw that email subject line on my phone, almost jumped in joy because it would be my first II as well....to say I was heartbroken would be an understatement

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
did anyone whos interviewing/had an interview receive information about the pre-interview orientation?

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone whos interviewing/had an interview receive information about the pre-interview orientation?
Nah. I called and they said they were still finalizing details about the orientation. so that means for some of us it is literally post-interview

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone who was not an early decision applicant received an interview yet?

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
I received an II on September 8th! OOS with no ties and didn’t apply early decision

No problem :) nothing too impressive! 505 MCAT with an even distribution and 3.53 gpa... I did apply early though and have a lot of experience in my community. I also have clinical research experience for the last year so I believe that helps offset my lack of experience with a DO
when were u complete

Nah. I called and they said they were still finalizing details about the orientation. so that means for some of us it is literally post-interview
I called about an hour ago and they said that they are planning to have the first orientation on Sept 20th and that they will likely send out details either today or tomorrow

I'm Canadian and haven't heard anything yet :))

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anybody here willing to meet with me for just 15-20 min for interview prep? I could really really use the help. 🙂

Hi guys. For those of you who have received interview invites, how far out in advance are they? I.e. When are your interviews scheduled for? September? October?
Also, are you given the option to choose which date you want to interview on, or are you assigned a date and then have to reach out to them if you have a scheduling conflict? Thanks.

For me, all the dates are in Sep when I scheduled (early Sep). No Oct available then but maybe now they do. And yes, they have Tues and Sat available every week, you choose and wait for another confirmation email to secure the date.
(This is not confirmed but what I heard was that your interview format depends on the date you choose because each faculty member available on that specific date have their preferred interview format. Correct me if I am wrong)
Hi guys. For those of you who have received interview invites, how far out in advance are they? I.e. When are your interviews scheduled for? September? October?
Also, are you given the option to choose which date you want to interview on, or are you assigned a date and then have to reach out to them if you have a scheduling conflict? Thanks.

II! IS, complete 7/30/21. No dates in September, 3 in October.

Last edited:
Did anyone interview? How was it? How long?
I interviewed earlier this week. It was pretty low stress. I agree with @Asiangarage_Takoyaki about the interview format. Last cycle I had a blind interview with standard questions (20ish mins). This cycle it was partially blind and more conversational (40ish mins). Seems like it depends on your interviewer.

I interviewed earlier this week. It was pretty low stress. I agree with @Asiangarage_Takoyaki about the interview format. Last cycle I had a blind interview with standard questions (20ish mins). This cycle it was partially blind and more conversational (40ish mins). Seems like it depends on your interviewer.

thanks that's really great to know. Was your interview a group interview last year too or a traditional 1-on-1? This is my first group interview and I'm definitely nervous.

thanks that's really great to know. Was your interview a group interview last year too or a traditional 1-on-1? This is my first group interview and I'm definitely nervous.
Last year I had two interviewers, this year it was 1-on-1! You’ll be fine:)

haha honestly I don't know anymore! the admissions office is great so you can always call to clarify. It was supposed to be a group interview but they changed my interviewer. Now I think that I should be prepared for anything based on this thread. oh well, I'm excited

• Care
Does anyone know how long the interview is supposed to be? I have a 45 minute WebEx meeting, but is that it normally?

Does anyone know how long the interview is supposed to be? I have a 45 minute WebEx meeting, but is that it normally?
Mine was a 40-45 min interview, but I’m not sure if that’s normal…

II today at 1148am, OOS but from SE PA, 3.5 gpa, 513 MCAT, complete on 8/2.

Has anyone gotten an II or acceptance at Rowan with an MCAT below 500?

I didn’t appreciate the email they sent today about their open house, they really shouldn’t send these from their admissions account 😭

Reactions: 6 users
I got another one of Rowan's promotional emails. Slightly disappointed but still so much better than the last time with the "invitation" subject header lol

Reactions: 7 users
I believe based on past threads that the committee meets on 1st and 3rd Fridays. Not sure how accurate that is for this year. During our interview the interviewer mentioned that we were probably early enough to be reviewed in the first or second batch so hopefully we'll start hearing back by mid-October.

Can anyone give me insight into the dual DO/MPH program at Rowan. Do you have to apply for dual enrolment prior to matriculation or are there opportunities within your first and second pre-clinical years to decide that you want to enrol in a dual degree?

II today!! OOS URM complete 8/5 508 MCAT

for the interview orientation that's separate from the actual interview - what's that like? formal, informal, group or individual, etc

Last edited:
Just received a call from my interviewer, ACCEPTED!!!😊 This is my third cycle, so many emotions right now😅

Interviewed 9/14.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Just received a call from my interviewer, ACCEPTED!!!😊 This is my third cycle, so many emotions right now😅

Interviewed 9/14.
CONGRATS!!! Third cycle re-applicant here as well. That's such a quick turnaround, I interviewed later that week so the anxiety begins I guess.

• Care
CONGRATS!!! Third cycle re-applicant here as well. That's such a quick turnaround, I interviewed later that week so the anxiety begins I guess.
Thank you!!! I was surprised too! Didn’t expect to hear back until mid-Oct. If you get a call from any number from NJ/Philly area I’d answer it! I hope you hear back soon!:)

• Care

Interviewed 9/14.
Congrats!!
Good luck. I believe an A is in your future!

Reactions: 3 users
Do any canadians that matriculated in previous cycles wanna mention when they found out about their interview decision? The wait is killing me, I'm not used to this rolling admissions anxiety :cryi:

Do any canadians that matriculated in previous cycles wanna mention when they found out about their interview decision? The wait is killing me, I'm not used to this rolling admissions anxiety :cryi:
Fellow Canadian, I don’t go here. But if you don’t mind me asking what we’re your stats and when were you complete at this school?

Fellow canadian! do you guys think its too late to hear back? I'm kind of nervous...

• Sad
Fellow Canadian, I don’t go here. But if you don’t mind me asking what we’re your stats and when were you complete at this school?
Complete pretty late - September 10th. :(

GPA = 3.82

MCAT = 518

Fellow canadian! do you guys think its too late to hear back? I'm kind of nervous...
I definitely dont think its too late! They're still interviewing. Compared to last cycle trends i wouldn't start to worry till February/March. I know for a fact they'll take OOS that really fit their mission. You'll be a great doc! Keep grinding. U got this!!

Did anyone who received an acceptance via phone call also receive a formal email acceptance as well, with all the details?