2021-2022 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the priority alternate email. After only 5 months of waiting (interviewed 9/30). How nice of them to get back to me.
WOW

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the priority alternate email. After only 5 months of waiting (interviewed 9/30). How nice of them to get back to me.
I’m sorry to hear that. How was your interview and stats if you don’t mind me asking?

I’m sorry to hear that. How was your interview and stats if you don’t mind me asking?
Thought it was one of my best interviews, but it was also by far the most conversational so maybe I didn’t handle that effectively. LM 78. & I’m in state and already accepted to RWJMS. I’m holding acceptances to mutliple schools I would attend over NJMS anyway, but it’s extremely frustrating that they left me in complete silence for almost half a year. At least an email letting me know they’re delayed or reviewing my app would’ve been nice. I’ll be declining my spot on the WL so hopefully it will go to one of you! Best of luck.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Update here for you guys. I know some of you are in a similar situation.

I interviewed back in Oct. 19th and haven't heard anything since. I emailed admissions a couple days ago to try to find out why they were taking so long. They emailed me back.

Basically they said that due to the size of the applicant pool this year (Fauci effect I suppose), they have been overloaded. They added that I should hear back from admissions within the next 10 days.

Not sure if this is good news, but I will remain confident. Hopefully we all get answers soon!
Still nothing. Hoping I will hear something in the next couple of days.

Has anyone heard anything regarding decisions from October interviews? Still waiting to hear back

Has anyone heard anything regarding decisions from October interviews? Still waiting to hear back
Had my interview late Oct and got reg alt list in Dec. So tbh, it probably good you havent heard yet because it most likely means an A or atleast high priority

Members don't see this ad :)
Had my interview late Oct and got reg alt list in Dec. So tbh, it probably good you havent heard yet because it most likely means an A or atleast high priority
Same here, interviewed late October and got regular alt list in December. If you haven't heard, it's probably a good thing

Just got the A!!!!! Interviewed 10/11 and update letter on 2/22. Unreal!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
See. I said it was a good thing

Why would it be a good thing?
Basically my thought is that they immediately knew I wasn't good enough for an A, so they rushed to hit me with the regular WL. For you, they might like your app more and are deliberating more carefully. At the very least, you're not an instant R/WL :)

Last edited:
Anyone know if they are sending any more interview invites?

Reactions: 1 user
It’s only been 2-3 weeks since my interview and I’m slowly losing it. I dunno how you fall interviewers are doing it.

• Care
Got the A!! Interviewed mid December, LM 69, OOS, URM. My first A and a reapplicant, literally sobbing lol

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Anybody know what the priority alternate list movement is like at NJMS?

Got put on priority alternate list. Interviewed 2/17.

• Sad
Whats everyone's thoughts on NJMS's new grading policy? I see so many mixed opinions everywhere, I don't know what to make of it

Whats everyone's thoughts on NJMS's new grading policy? I see so many mixed opinions everywhere, I don't know what to make of it
What is the new grading policy if u don't mind me asking?

Reactions: 1 users
are they done sending II? silence since august for me

Is anybody still waiting to hear back from their interview back in January or earlier?

NJMS is a mess lol. It's literally in the name => nj-eh-mess

• Haha
can u share what their response was? Thanks!
I emailed about an update that i uploaded and they responded a day or two later saying “Thanks for the notification [insert name].”

Thanks,
NJMS Admissions

• Haha