2021-2022 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
TCU/UNTHSC does not employ a written secondary application, so there won't be any prompts posted here like we do for other schools.

They read your primary application, screen for mission fit, and gradually invite selected applicants to their secondary application which in the past has been an online one, with audio-recorded answers to questions you can see on your computer screen.
They have also asked in the past for applicants not to share specific questions, from the secondary or the interview days.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
Current MS2. Good luck to everyone applying :) Happy to answer questions.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I have some questions. Do you know if TCU-UNTHSC looks favorably, like TCOM, at the MedSci SMP offered by UNTHSC?
I cannot speak directly to how the admissions committee views that program; however, I will say there are several students in my class and the class above me that have completed the MedSci SMP program!

Do you know when they are planning on their audio secondary?

I cannot speak directly to how the admissions committee views that program; however, I will say there are several students in my class and the class above me that have completed the MedSci SMP program!

Thank you! Also another question, how does the two campus system work since TCU and UNTHSC are like 15 minutes apart?

TCU ( the undergraduate college) is not the same as TCU/UNTHSC medical school campus, there is only one location for the med school.
Yes. However, classes and events occur both at the TCU campus and the UNTHSC campus. Our "home base" if you will is on the UNTHSC campus.

Yes. However, classes and events occur both at the TCU campus and the UNTHSC campus. Our "home base" if you will is on the UNTHSC campus.
would you say that a TCU/UNTHSC student would need a car, not only because of this but because you need to go to your clinical sites/physician mentor locations?

would you say that a TCU/UNTHSC student would need a car, not only because of this but because you need to go to your clinical sites/physician mentor locations?
Absolutely

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you, that clears it up!

Received secondary this morning. OOS.

Question: I'm confused by the "phonetic spelling" of my name. What are they asking for? For me to type out how to say my name? Maybe I'm overthinking it. Thanks for the help!

Question: I'm confused by the "phonetic spelling" of my name. What are they asking for? For me to type out how to say my name? Maybe I'm overthinking it. Thanks for the help!
I think so, yeah. They tend to make phone calls for interview invitations and acceptance offers, so probably want to say your name on the phone without messing up!

I think so, yeah. They tend to make phone calls for interview invitations and acceptance offers, so probably want to say your name on the phone without messing up!
Thank you!

Does the secondary have a question where we can add more information we forgot to include in AMCAS? I know it’s a audio secondary but I wonder if they had a written question that said “anything else?” Or similar.

Does the secondary have a question where we can add more information we forgot to include in AMCAS? I know it’s a audio secondary but I wonder if they had a written question that said “anything else?” Or similar.
No, just the audio responses, which I haven't done yet lol.

when did you submit your primary?

OOS secondary received today - verified on first day of transmission

Reactions: 2 users
Just realized you have to take genetics…. I haven’t taken any genetics courses or even anything really related to it. Am I just screwed to apply here? Lol
if you’re still in school you can take it Fall 2021 or spring 2022 and include it on the coursework section in the secondary (I called because I had a similar issue and that’s what the lady told me over the phone).

Just realized you have to take genetics…. I haven’t taken any genetics courses or even anything really related to it. Am I just screwed to apply here? Lol
There is also a physiology course requirement that is absolute. These are 2 courses that are not required at any other TX medical school as prerequisites, and many Texans either find a way to take these courses (if lacking) sometime during their application year, or drop this school from their list.

There is also a physiology course requirement that is absolute. These are 2 courses that are not required at any other TX medical school as prerequisites, and many Texans either find a way to take these courses (if lacking) sometime during their application year, or drop this school from their list.

Yeah im droppin it hahaha. Im also out of state and already graduated so cant even take it. Wish i had known beforehand

• Care
As long at it is taken before matriculation, is that okay?

Does anyone know if you can use geography to fulfill the humanities requirement?

Has anyone who was verified 07/09 (or after) received a secondary?

Does anyone know if you can use geography to fulfill the humanities requirement?
most schools consider human geography to count towards humanities, but if you're talking about like "oceanic geography" probably not.

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 5.12.56 PM.png

Their website indicates that they screen for MCAT 40th percentile + 3.0 GPA, so I'm not sure if they only screen based on that or if it's more holistic. Of course, the date on there is from last cycle...

View attachment 340720

Their website indicates that they screen for MCAT 40th percentile + 3.0 GPA, so I'm not sure if they only screen based on that or if it's more holistic. Of course, the date on there is from last cycle...
that's an old screen grab with a date of 2020 on it

40th percentile MCAT this year would be 499 or better.

that's an old screen grab with a date of 2020 on it

40th percentile MCAT this year would be 499 or better.
Yeah, they haven't updated their website with the new info/dates.