2021-2022 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will they be giving decisions next Friday or the 21st, I wish they'd give an update, though I don't know if it'll make a difference, I'll be checking both Fridays obsessively
I'm pretty sure its the 21st from what I wrote down from my interview day.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
1/21/2022
2/04/2022
2/18/2022
3/04/2022
3/18/2022

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just saw on the TCU instagram that the school is now solely TCU SOM no longer TCU & UNTHSC, any medical students comment on what is going on with it just moving to TCU?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 4 users
Just saw on the TCU instagram that the school is now solely TCU SOM no longer TCU & UNTHSC, any medical students comment on what is going on with it just moving to TCU?
Current MS2.

The name of the school is now TCU School of Medicine. @wysdoc or another staff member, would you mind changing the name of the thread if possible?

TCU has always been the degree-granting institution; however, UNTHSC was in the name because we used their facilities, anatomy lab, and their medical library. The split was mutual amongst both institutions as each institution thought it was best for their long-term goals moving forward to separate. The partnership between TCU and UNTHSC was something that had never been done before but as you can imagine, having two institutions collaborating on one program has its challenges-especially as time goes on.

What is not being affected:

1) The accreditation timeline
2) The residency programs affiliated with the school
3) The staff/clinical sites/clinical partners
4) Tuition
5) The mission and values of the school
6) The application process
7) A bunch of other things I can't think of

What is changing:

1) The logo
2) The location of the school! --> From now until July 2022 classes will remain on both TCU and UNTHSC campuses. From July 2022 until the BRAND NEW BUILDING IS BUILT, classes will be held at an interim (already built) location about a mile from TCU. This location will house a student lounge, gym, classrooms, etc. This interim space is actually larger than the space we had on the UNTHSC campus. When the brand new building is built, (roughly sometime in 2024-2025), classes will be held there and that will be the permanent location for the medical school.

I would be happy to answer questions if anyone has. Just DM me.

Reactions: 13 users
Does anyone know how many acceptances are handed out? I know the class size is 60 but wasn't sure how many people got accepted, including the ones that didn't matriculate

Still hoping no news is good news! Anyone have ideas about when there could be another round of II’s?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
CC x3, same sentiment as above, happy it’s not an R

Huh I didn't hear anything from them yesterday...
Have you interviewed here, @bubble-master09 ? I didn't see you mention it in a post.

The Friday notification days are for people who have already interviewed, and they will get one of 3 messages post-interview:
Accepted (usually will get a phone call)
Continued Consideration (you're still being considered) (email)
Declined/rejected (email)

Reactions: 1 user
Have you interviewed here, @bubble-master09 ? I didn't see you mention it in a post.

The Friday notification days are for people who have already interviewed, and they will get one of 3 messages post-interview:
Accepted (usually will get a phone call)
Continued Consideration (you're still being considered) (email)
Declined/rejected (email)
Yup, interviewed here in November and have been CC'ed twice.

Hi everyone, does anyone know what their post-interview acceptance rate (or an estimation of it) is? And how heavily do they factor in GPA/MCAT post-interview? Thanks!!

Last edited:
II just now. Stats in sig. Will be declining. Hope it goes to one of you all!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! I just got an II!

However, when I try to sign up for a date, no interview times pop-up. Did anyone else have this problem? Is it a computer problem? I am currently trying to sign up on Google Chrome.

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know if TCU School of Medicine accepts update letters?

Just wanted to update y'all that TCU as a university has been closed today and will be closed tomorrow due to the Winter Storm. I am not sure if admissions is open but I am pretty sure they will not be. For those impacted by the storm hope everyone is staying safe and warm!

Reactions: 5 users
Just wanted to update y'all that TCU as a university has been closed today and will be closed tomorrow due to the Winter Storm. I am not sure if admissions is open but I am pretty sure they will not be. For those impacted by the storm hope everyone is staying safe and warm!
What!! I hope everyone's okay out there... Thanks for letting us know. The weather has been pretty crazy in Fort Worth, especially for a Californian o_O Stay safe and cozy if possible, please (to anyone facing harsh weather conditions).

Unfortunately just received a post-interview Rejection. Interviewed on 1/24. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
CC x1, just thankful to still have an opportunity

Last edited:
Random question for any current students. Do y’all know where the interim building is that we will move too next year due to separation from UNTHSC? I saw farther back in this thread someone talking about it. I guess I am mainly wondering if it is still close to TCU main campus. Thanks in advance!

Random question for any current students. Do y’all know where the interim building is that we will move too next year due to separation from UNTHSC? I saw farther back in this thread someone talking about it. I guess I am mainly wondering if it is still close to TCU main campus. Thanks in advance!
Hi Current MS1, yes they told us where the building is. I can't remember the exact address off the top of my head but it's a 9 minute drive from TCU main campus.

Reactions: 2 users
I know TCU doesn't accept update letters but does anyone know if that includes letters of intent?