2021-2022 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I tried my best two answer 2-3 of the questions, I filled up the entire page for my essay since they told us to limit it to the page.
how long would you say it should be? 500 words? trying to pre write

Members don't see this ad.

anyone know how long the secondary question needs to be? word or character limit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a II. Sent in secondary on 8/19 and got complete email 9/10.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Is it really $200 to apply to this school? Also what are the secondary questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
How is the campus? Do you like touro so far?
The campus is a bit smaller than I expected but still great nonetheless! The school's building is right in the middle of Harlem so there is plenty to do and see when you're not busy studying. The school itself does have a good amount of study spaces and has lots of measures in place for student and staff safety. I absolutely love the school so far. The faculty is amazing and the school really does care about its students by making sure we have the tools to succeed. Our grading system is a little different from other schools and really supports the collaboration aspect of med school that I feel can be lost when trying to perform your best academically. All-in-all, I'm very glad I picked the school out of my other choices!

Is it really $200 to apply to this school? Also what are the secondary questions?
I don't remember that exact amount but the secondary application fee was definitely higher than the other schools I applied to. You do have to send the money in order for your secondary application to be deemed complete. My secondary application only had one longer essay question (about ~650-700 words long) that asked me to elaborate on how I was a good fit for the school. Not sure if it changed this year but it was consistent with previous years as well.

from what I see on this thread, I think they go by the completion date. 9/17 is next

sweating key and peele GIF

Did anyone have an interview at Harlem yet? If so, how was the interview? Format? Questions asked?

Was it open or closed file? Around how many questions did they ask? Any curveball questions?
Open file. I believe they have access to your entire file, but some interviewers may choose not to review your file before meeting you, others might review beforehand. As for questions, I think somewhere around 7-10? The questions are pretty open-ended, so I think that number is dependent on how lengthy your responses are/how much you choose to elaborate. No curveball questions for me.

Last edited:
Anyone that had an interview how was? Also what was the presentation day like?

Is anyone still waiting for the complete email? I submitted my app around labor day

For those of you that received II, what dates were available? Also, does anyone know post-II acceptance rate and turnaround time? (sorry if asked before)

For those of you that received II, what dates were available? Also, does anyone know post-II acceptance rate and turnaround time? (sorry if asked before)
They said in the interview today that they would let us know the decision within 4-6 weeks (accept/waitlist/reject)

Hi, if anyone here is currently attending, or already completed, Touro's Masters program could you PM me please.

They said in the interview today that they would let us know the decision within 4-6 weeks (accept/waitlist/reject)
You interviewed today? What questions did they ask? Who interviewed you? I have an interview coming up in a little while

You interviewed today? What questions did they ask? Who interviewed you? I have an interview coming up in a little while
I don't know if it will help because every interviewer seems to ask different questions (not my first time interviewing with Touro) but I interviewed with Dr.'s Azzeh and Prater and they asked the general expected questions (why Touro, tell about yourself, why DO) as well as questions specific to my application for elaboration. They are technically open file but faculty don't have to look at your file

Hey everyone, was accepted this year and am a current OMS1. Stats were 3.5cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 506 MCAT.

Let me know if anyone has any questions as this community was so helpful to me during my cycle!

Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone, was accepted this year and am a current OMS1. Stats were 3.5cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 506 MCAT.

Let me know if anyone has any questions as this community was so helpful to me during my cycle!

Good luck everyone!!
Thanks for posting! Do you happen to know when the first round of decisions will go out this year?

Good luck everyone!!
Hey how do you like it so far, any regrets, did you have other options, if so why did you pick Touro. Thanks 🙏🏾

Submitted my secondary thru email on 9/14 and just got a confirmation email saying they received it 10/21! Hope this isn't too late and that I can still get an interview/fair chance for admission :/ really want to go here!

Second year here, just floating the knowledge that there are people in my class who got in literally the week before/week of orientation. If anyone has any questions, feel free to send them my way, but be warned that my response time may be a little slow. Wishing all of you successful cycles!

anyone was complete around 9/17 and haven't heard back yet?

Hey! Sorry new here but Interview on Oct 6th, still waiting to hear back...

Hey! Congrats on the interview! Do you mind sharing your complete date and stats? :)
Complete Date: 8/20 II: Sep 20th cGPA: 3.5 sGPA: 3.2 MCAT: 501 Lots of extracurricular/research nontrad

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users