2021-2022 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone receive secondaries yet?

Hey all, I haven't received a secondary yet, should I be worried? lol

I reached out to them and they said that they would begin reviewing primary applications this week and no one has received a secondary. No need to worry!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you all filling out the experience section? Someone from last year's thread emailed them and was told not to duplicate info

Are you all filling out the experience section? Someone from last year's thread emailed them and was told not to duplicate info
I put down what was on my resume. A lot of it is on my primary, but I did what they asked for.

Those of you that have your letters on AACOMAS, how did you fill out the part about the recommendations? I do not want to send another email to my letter writers and I cannot find a place that just lets me save their names.

Those of you that have your letters on AACOMAS, how did you fill out the part about the recommendations? I do not want to send another email to my letter writers and I cannot find a place that just lets me save their names.
What page is that on? I didn't see a spot for LORs.

Edit: I see it. I'm not sure how to enter either, so for now, I'm not going to mess with it.

Near the bottom it says "recommendations"
I'm not sure how you enter in the info. It says that they'll get matched to our application from our primary. I'm not going to worry about it.

On the secondary invitation email, it tells you what is required to fill out and what isn’t.
Recommendations Section: this section is not required for Osteopathic Medicine Program applicants.”

Reactions: 1 user
is there a touro NV option in casper? the only one i'm seeing is touro NY.

Secondary received, but do we make an account and then click "start application" to fill out the secondary?

Just got a secondary received, OOS.

Also, do we just copy and paste what's on our primary or our resume for the experiences section? A lot of this seems repetitive

Also, do we just copy and paste what's on our primary or our resume for the experiences section? A lot of this seems repetitive
i mostly copied from my resume with a few bullet points on responsibilities and the info they asked for about supervisor/dates/etc

Do we have to upload transcripts for each college? Shouldn't they get it from our AACOMAS application?

Do we have to upload transcripts for each college? Shouldn't they get it from our AACOMAS application?
no. it says in the supplemental application invite email that you don’t have to. make sure you read the supplemental invite email carefully because there’s a lot of detailed info about how to fill the app out for osteo (the app as a whole is generic for all their programs)!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Read the last year's forum and several applicants said that adcom said we can leave the experiences/awards section blank if there is nothing to add to the aacomas primary. Anyone else doing this?

Read the last year's forum and several applicants said that adcom said we can leave the experiences/awards section blank if there is nothing to add to the aacomas primary. Anyone else doing this?
Yes i did this, dozens of applicants did the same thing last year as well like you said.

Reactions: 2 users
For “Credit Hours Attempted to Date,” are you guys just adding up all your quarter/semester units?

Also, if you have multiple post-secondary institutions, does “Cumulative GPA to Date” reflect the GPA you received at each institution or do you need to combine them all?

Thanks in advance!

For “Credit Hours Attempted to Date,” are you guys just adding up all your quarter/semester units?

Also, if you have multiple post-secondary institutions, does “Cumulative GPA to Date” reflect the GPA you received at each institution or do you need to combine them all?

Thanks in advance!
i just put my current cGPA in all the boxes. i’m non trad so I have like 200+ credits at 8 different schools

Thanks in advance!
Yes, I added the credits from each school

Is anyone else having trouble paying the secondary fee? After inputting my card info I get a message saying there is an error authorizing payment, contact admissions office. I've tried using different credit cards and still no response from admissions. Any suggestions?

Is anyone else having trouble paying the secondary fee? After inputting my card info I get a message saying there is an error authorizing payment, contact admissions office. I've tried using different credit cards and still no response from admissions. Any suggestions?
This is happening to me too! I've tried different browsers, and that didn't work either. I emailed the IT support thing, so I'll see what they say!

There's no secondary essay questions right or am I seeing this wrong?

In the Emergency Contact portion of the supplementary app, is anyone filling out the family info stuff? That stuff doesn't have the red asterisk saying it is required but I'm not sure if they want it.

Hey guys,
For the section titled "Post secondary academic record", for the "degree earned" slot do I put Biology B.S even though I haven't received the degree yet and won't graduate until May 2022?

Any update on those receiving the “error authorizing payment” when they try to submit?

Any update on those receiving the “error authorizing payment” when they try to submit?
I haven’t done anything different (and haven’t heard back from the IT support), but this morning I did notice that a charge from Touro is pending on my credit card.

I haven’t done anything different (and haven’t heard back from the IT support), but this morning I did notice that a charge from Touro is pending on my credit card.
I just got this email back and it worked for me!— “The issue is likely stemming from a discrepancy between your credit card address and the address in the application system. These need to match EXACTLY. I encourage you to check the address on file with your credit card and be sure this is what is entered in the application. I also suggest clearing your browser cache before trying again. Your other option is to use a different card.”

Just received an email confirming receipt of my supplemental app and that its currently being prepared for review. Email also mentions that it'll take six to eight weeks to hear back regarding an interview :oops: