2021-2022 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please post the secondary essay prompts? Thank you in advance.

Just got an email that my app is under review!

did you do the Duet portion of CASPer?
My app is also under review and I did Casper yesterday! also did duet which was like 100x easier and less tedious then the actual thing. You’re just choosing either or. It’s recommended I believe.

When it's asking for "Credit Hours Attemped to Date," is that just the overall graded hours listed in the AACOMAS primary application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Confused... do our LoR writers need to submit again to Touro or its through AACOMAS?

Sorry, I am doing the secondary but I'm confused about how they want us to format it. I noticed that some of them have a certain way to respond. However, there are two that don't have a recommendation. Should I just list each activity with a description or just make it short and simple by listing the "title, duration, and position"? Also, did you use up all 1000 characters or just as needed?

Confused... do our LoR writers need to submit again to Touro or its through AACOMAS?
I think your LOR writers have an option of submitting it to TOURO again or you can just list the information in that section of the secondary. TOURO will probably pull the LOR from AACOMAS based on which LOR writer information you provide.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry, I am doing the secondary but I'm confused about how they want us to format it. I noticed that some of them have a certain way to respond. However, there are two that don't have a recommendation. Should I just list each activity with a description or just make it short and simple by listing the "title, duration, and position"? Also, did you use up all 1000 characters or just as needed?
I am also confused because if they ask us to submit a resume... wouldn't the descriptions be very similar? also wouldn't it be similar to our activities on AACOMAS? everything is so repetitive.

I think descriptions would be fine.

This is the response I got from Nancy regarding the experiences/awards section of the app --

"The experiences/awards section of the supplemental application is optional. You could either complete this section or leave it blank. You could also include new experiences that weren’t originally included in your AACOMAS application. It is the applicant’s preference."

Did anyone get this email "Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and you will be notified soon with the next decision. "

Do we have to refill the recommendation letters on the application if we already sent them through interfolio with amcas?

I got an email after submitting the secondary that says, “Thank you for submitting your application to Osteopathic Medicine Program, Fall 2022 (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine). We hereby acknowledge receipt…”

is this the “complete” email, or do they send another email when you’re complete and under review?

just got a II!! OOS , complete 8/10

I got an email after submitting the secondary that says, “Thank you for submitting your application to Osteopathic Medicine Program, Fall 2022 (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine). We hereby acknowledge receipt…”

is this the “complete” email, or do they send another email when you’re complete and under review?
I don't think its the complete email yet its just acknowledging you submitted it. Did you fill out any of the recommendation letters stuff? Or do you just ignore that part completely if you have the letters through interfolio/aacomas?

I don't think its the complete email yet its just acknowledging you submitted it. Did you fill out any of the recommendation letters stuff? Or do you just ignore that part completely if you have the letters through interfolio/aacomas?
I think in the email for the secondary they say to ignore that part, I would reread the email and instructions to be sure since I don't fully remember.

I just ignored that part bc in the email I cite for the secondary it said, “Recommendations Section: this section is not required for Osteopathic Medicine Program applicants.”

Did anyone get this email "Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and you will be notified soon with the next decision. "
just got that today

I am also on interview waitlist. Do people get off this list or is this a soft R?

I got a II like an hour later after this email, hope you get one too!
Yup you were right! II oos just received, looked into last years thread, everyone who got final review email ended up getting II

Hey everyone! Are they not sending IIs to people until their CASPER scores are in?

How long do they take to send "Complete app email"? I submitted my secondary 10 days ago and haven't heard back from them.

Hey everyone! Are they not sending IIs to people until their CASPER scores are in?
I am not 100% sure but I believe you need CASPER for your application to be "Complete." Then only they start reviewing your application for interview.

Just got the "Your Application is in Review" email. sadly it wasnt the one that said "final review" so hopefully this isn't an R on the way lol

Was anyone told that their MCAT did not meet the minimum MCAT requirements to be offered a secondary? I have a 512 and on their website, it says a minimum of 500 is required. I was offered a secondary at the NY campus so I am just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Was anyone told that their MCAT did not meet the minimum MCAT requirements to be offered a secondary? I have a 512 and on their website, it says a minimum of 500 is required. I was offered a secondary at the NY campus so I am just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Maybe a subsection score issue?