2021-2022 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They were at least 125 in each section which would meet the 500 minimum right?

I've never heard of a DO screen being over 125, so I can't imagine that that would be it. Probably a mistake on their end then -- I'd reach out

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I've never heard of a DO screen being over 125, so I can't imagine that that would be it. Probably a mistake on their end then -- I'd reach out
CUSOM (Campbell) requires 40th percentile scores in all subsections. I know because I got screened out with a 123 in bio. I attend Touro Nevada now so it all worked out in the end. I agree, getting screened out with a 512 might be a clerical error and is worth checking in.

I submitted the secondary nearly 2 weeks ago and still have not received the completion email. Anyone in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Was anyone told that their MCAT did not meet the minimum MCAT requirements to be offered a secondary? I have a 512 and on their website, it says a minimum of 500 is required. I was offered a secondary at the NY campus so I am just wondering if anyone else had this issue.
that's odd! Contact their admissions department

How long did it take after receiving the "TUN Supplemental Application Received" email before getting the "Under Review" email??

How long did it take you guys to receive the complete email?
It took two weeks after I submitted to get the complete email!
How long did it take after receiving the "TUN Supplemental Application Received" email before getting the "Under Review" email??
Three days after the complete email for me, they sent a "status update" email saying my application was in the final review stage, and then an II came that same night.

For those that received the complete email, in the portal was it submitted or complete? I submitted my secondary a couple weeks ago and am still waiting to be marked complete

Forgot to update but I got placed on the interview waitlist on 8/23. Do people usually come off of this waitlist?

Going to be declining my II for Touro, hope it goes to one of you. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone have an interview yet? Mines this week and just wanted some tips

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my secondary over a month ago and emailed them last Friday about never receiving a complete email... has anyone else had this experience? Should I just call them?
I think a lot of people are in your position rn. Myself included except I haven’t emailed them yet.
I think they are just busy for now.

I think a lot of people are in your position rn. Myself included except I haven’t emailed them yet.
I think they are just busy for now.
I applied last year to TUCOM-Nevada and never got a complete email nor a rejection. Lowkey expecting the same thing this year, even though I improved my MCAT and have publications under my belt now. lol

I applied last year to TUCOM-Nevada and never got a complete email nor a rejection. Lowkey expecting the same thing this year, even though I improved my MCAT and have publications under my belt now. lol
Wow that’s honestly not cool at all. Did you reach out to them last cycle and ask if you were complete?

Perhaps your application was never fully complete?

Wow that’s honestly not cool at all. Did you reach out to them last cycle and ask if you were complete?

Perhaps your application was never fully complete?
I never reached out, because at a certain point I gave up on the cycle. I was a late applicant (bc of covid-related mcat postponing).

I submitted my secondary over a month ago and emailed them last Friday about never receiving a complete email... has anyone else had this experience? Should I just call them?
Me! On 8/12 I got the "Thank you for submitting your application to Osteopathic Medicine Program, Fall 2022 (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine). We hereby acknowledge receipt..." email and the "Notification of Payment" email. But I haven't received any emails since them about being complete or under review or anything like that

Me! On 8/12 I got the "Thank you for submitting your application to Osteopathic Medicine Program, Fall 2022 (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine). We hereby acknowledge receipt..." email and the "Notification of Payment" email. But I haven't received any emails since them about being complete or under review or anything like that
They don’t send update emails. Just sit tight.

Does anyone know what the interview day agenda looks like? They didn't send much info regarding this.

Does anyone know what the interview day agenda looks like? They didn't send much info regarding this.
It's basically a long orientation + questions/meeting with the dean. Like mid way through, you have a 20 minute interview with either one or 2 faculty members. You also get 5/10 minute breaks every hour or so.

Hi all,

So to be clear, we don't have to rewrite our awards/employment history/volunteer, research, shadowing experiences/extracurriculars and hobbies? I have nothing that I'm dying to add that is new and isn't already expressed in some way on my primary application.

Other than that, the secondary seems to be straightforward? No actual essays?
^^ Yeah wait, so did you guys fill out the Supp Questions or no?

^^ Yeah wait, so did you guys fill out the Supp Questions or no?
If you didn't list anything in your primary app that you want to add, you could leave those sections blank. That's what I did, still ended up with an II.

Oh gotcha. Some people earlier in this thread are claiming to have received complete and/or under review emails so I'm a bit concerned since I submitted my secondary over a month ago
I received notification for the payment I submitted, but didn't get an email in between that an my II email. Just sit tight!

So the email that says "Thank you for submitting your application to Osteopathic Medicine Program, Fall 2022 (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine). We hereby acknowledge receipt..." is the last email before II?

So the email that says "Thank you for submitting your application to Osteopathic Medicine Program, Fall 2022 (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine). We hereby acknowledge receipt..." is the last email before II?
I think so, but I can’t recall if I got that one.

No, “final review” is the email before II

So the "Thank you for submitting your application to Osteopathic Medicine Program, Fall 2022 (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine). We hereby acknowledge receipt..." is the complete email and then the one after that is the final review email and then the one after that is the interview invite email?

So the "Thank you for submitting your application to Osteopathic Medicine Program, Fall 2022 (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine). We hereby acknowledge receipt..." is the complete email and then the one after that is the final review email and then the one after that is the interview invite email?
No one after that is your app is under review then final review. If I remember correctly

Hello, current first year at TUNCOM here! I'm procrastinating on studying for a micro exam so I thought I'd pop by to share my timeline of emails received from the school.

8/24/20: Submitted primary
8/26/20: Received secondary -> submitted secondary -> submission complete
10/7/20: Supplemental application received
12/21/20: Application under review
2/2/21: Final review
3/4/21: Interview invite
3/8/21: Interview
3/23/21: Admissions decision

It was honestly SO nerve-wracking waiting for this school to get back to me, since it was one of my top choices, but all the nail-biting was worth it in the end. Hope this helps, and best of luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Hello, current first year at TUNCOM here! I'm procrastinating on studying for a micro exam so I thought I'd pop by to share my timeline of emails received from the school.

8/24/20: Submitted primary
8/26/20: Received secondary -> submitted secondary -> submission complete
10/7/20: Supplemental application received
12/21/20: Application under review
2/2/21: Final review
3/4/21: Interview invite
3/8/21: Interview
3/23/21: Admissions decision

It was honestly SO nerve-wracking waiting for this school to get back to me, since it was one of my top choices, but all the nail-biting was worth it in the end. Hope this helps, and best of luck!
thank you for this!!

Anyone know if interview waitlist is basically a soft R at this school?

just got an email that I'm in the final stage of review, anyone have any idea of how long I should expect to wait until I hear again from them?