2021-2022 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also just got the R with hold in Oct.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just got the R with from an initial hold in November. I hate their rejection email tbh lol. Like poor them, having to review 5400 secondaries. I wrote an entire biography for you of my sad childhood. And they don’t even give us feedback. Ugh :(

• Care
Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone else that was rejected from MSTP already that was put back into the regular MD pool that has heard back anything? I was R'd for MSTP in November and haven't heard back since they asked me if I wanted to be considered for regular MD. I wasn't put on hold or anything either so I'm not sure that means I was put back into the pool too late to even be considered lol

Just got the R with from an initial hold in November. I hate their rejection email tbh lol. Like poor them, having to review 5400 secondaries. I wrote an entire biography for you of my sad childhood. And they don’t even give us feedback. Ugh :(
this^^^. also this made me laugh so thanks

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Adding to the hold --> pre-II R train. I was placed on hold in August.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
+3, Rejection after hold since October. I know the hold to II rate is incredibly low, but was definitely holding out hope for the alma mater. Good luck to y’all’s cycles!
+4

From all those who received R today when did you submit your secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II post hold R today after being put on hold Dec. 21st. Good luck everyone wishing you the best of luck

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Life moves on. This was my last hope for schools. I guess Ill see yall next cycle. Man this **** sucks I swear.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
I was placed on hold in Nov but still haven't heard about any updates -- holding out hope for the slim chance of an II

Does anyone know when their last interview day is? I applied end of August and I haven't heard anything since. I was never placed on hold for an interview or anything

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know when their last interview day is? I applied end of August and I haven't heard anything since. I was never placed on hold for an interview or anything

Also wondering this!

Anybody know how decisions are coming out? Is it via email?
Interviewed 12/21. Thanks and good luck everyone ❤

Anybody know how decisions are coming out? Is it via email?
Interviewed 12/21. Thanks and good luck everyone ❤
For both the 1/21 and 1/25 days decisions come out on February 4th or 5th. Good luck!

Last edited:
For both the 12/21 and 12/25 days decisions come out on February 4th or 5th. Good luck!
I interview on that date, but they told us decisions would be coming out today, 1/28, right?

Sorry for the confusion, I interviewed on the 25th. At the very end of my interview day they specifically mentioned that both dates would be reviewed on the adcom meeting on 1/28 and decisions would be released on 2/4.

My email also said the following:

“The Admissions Committee anticipates communication of a status update by February 4, 2022 for applicants that interviewed on January 20 and January 25, 2022.”

I don’t think there was a 1/20 group, so maybe it meant 1/21.

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusion, I interviewed on the 25th. At the very end of my interview day they specifically mentioned that both dates would be reviewed on the adcom meeting on 12/28 and decisions would be released on 2/4.

“The Admissions Committee anticipates communication of a status update by February 4, 2022 for applicants that interviewed on January 20 and January 25, 2022.”

Wow so they delayed it for us who interviewed on 12/21?? The anxiety…

Anyone else interviewing in early Feb get an interview confirmation email?

Last edited:
Anyone else interviewing in early Feb get an interview confirmation email?
+1 They say to only respond if we wish to withdraw so I guess we don't do anything if we want to keep the interview

Sorry for the confusion, I interviewed on the 25th. At the very end of my interview day they specifically mentioned that both dates would be reviewed on the adcom meeting on 12/28 and decisions would be released on 2/4.

Did you interview December 25th or January 25th ..

Did you interview December 25th or January 25th ..
January 25th! Sorry for the confusion was tired when I typed that up. Anyways, good luck to everyone awaiting decisions! Also edited the previous posts for clarity

Has anyone gotten any decisions today?
Not I… thought they were supposed to be today as well (12/21 I). Was anticipating all day
January 25th! Sorry for the confusion was tired when I typed that up. Anyways, good luck to everyone awaiting decisions! Also edited the previous posts for clarity
I was so confused man <3

A just now! Interviewed for Prime-HEq, but those decisions don't come out until March. Interviewed 1/11

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got the Post-MD/PhD-rejection rejection from the MD only program. Said they received 8,300 primaries which is just absolutely bonkers.

Pre ii r just now. 521 MCAT and 3.9 GPA. This was one of my top choices so this is a bit of a bummer. Good luck to all the IIs and As!

• Care
Pre-II r just now. IS, did a custom post-bacc as a nontrad with mostly classes from UCSD and got a 4.0, shadow/volunteer/work at UCSD now full-time. A bummer but what can you do! Congrats to everyone interviewing/accepted and good luck to everyone else!! We will all end up at the right place :)

got my first II from here!!! got put on a pre-II hold about a month ago so I thought it was over but there's still hope folks!

Reactions: 3 users