2021-2022 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R, but it was fun giving them my money šŸ¤‘

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now for regular MD!!! Complete late November

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II just now for regular MD!!! Complete late November
Congrats.

Iā€™m screaming inside though. I just wish they would give me an II or a R decision already. Complete Nov 3. 4 weeks after the Secondary Invitation since thatā€™s what the email said. Not sure if that led to some issues.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Complete mid july (secondary came late july) and still silent

• Care
After last yearā€™s post-II WL, finally got my pre-II R for this cycle just now. Goodbye to this thread, I wish you all the best of luckšŸ˜Œ

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Guess itā€™s not coming todayā€¦ another week of anxiously waiting it is

Pre-II R today. Knew it was coming but was slightly hopeful. Submitted 10/3. IS ORM MSTP applicant. High MCAT low GPA.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
submitted secondary in July and havenā€™t heard anything. Wish I could send updates

II yesterday 1/25!!! Complete 8/24. I thought all hope was lost, but Iā€™m so excited to interview at my childhood dream school.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Only one date was available - Feb 8th. Also, the last date for an info session out of the list of dates from the whole cycle is 1/31, which makes me wonder if they are wrapping up.
Congratulations! What were your stats if you are comfortable with sharing?

So I saw this on the Icahn thread and I thought it might be a good idea here too. Like this post if youā€™re still waiting to hear back PRE-Interview Invite.

Reactions: 8 users
After last yearā€™s post-II WL, finally got my pre-II R for this cycle just now. Goodbye to this thread, I wish you all the best of luckšŸ˜Œ
anything you did diff in your app between this year and last year? find it kind of odd that they wouldn't extend an interview to an applicant they interviewed last year

i know the alerts pretty much mean nothing, but i was wondering when you guys received your most recent UCSF alert. last alert for me was 1/20

Iā€™m still waiting, but never got an alert. What was the alert for?
At the end of december I got an email to sign up for UCSF duo security enrollment, which all applicants who interviewed should have received. After signing up, I've been getting UCSF alerts ever since (they say if there's a positive covid case, inclement weather, etc). the alerts don't give any indication as to whether you're accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. i just panicked for a second šŸ˜…

At the end of december I got an email to sign up for UCSF duo security enrollment, which all applicants who interviewed should have received. After signing up, I've been getting UCSF alerts ever since (they say if there's a positive covid case, inclement weather, etc). the alerts don't give any indication as to whether you're accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. i just panicked for a second šŸ˜…
Ah I see. Iā€™m still pre-II šŸ»

anything you did diff in your app between this year and last year? find it kind of odd that they wouldn't extend an interview to an applicant they interviewed last year
No major differences, just increased hours from my continued activities and improved my personal statement/written portions. I was surprised (and disappointed), but it is what it is. I guess they changed their minds about me.

But itā€™s okay, Iā€™ve had much more luck with other schools this cycle, so Iā€™ll be at the right place for me, even if it isnā€™t UCSF like I thought it would be last year!

do we think decisions will come out tomorrow? šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

Just to manage my expectations, should I assume Iā€™m interviewing for the waitlist? Since Iā€™m pretty sure 2/8 is the last date.

Just to manage my expectations, should I assume Iā€™m interviewing for the waitlist? Since Iā€™m pretty sure 2/8 is the last date.
I think your chances are good since UCSF doesnt over-interview as badly as a lot of schools in the T20. But there is the disadvantage that all of the mid October - January interviewees are still waiting on decisions. Unless they somehow speed up releasing decisions for February interviewees you might not hear back until April which by then the class will probably be pretty full but thats any school. But honestly because they donā€™t over-interview I dont think UCSF would interview anyone who doesnt have a real shot at acceptance.

I think your chances are good since UCSF doesnt over-interview as badly as a lot of schools in the T20. But there is the disadvantage that all of the mid October - January interviewees are still waiting on decisions. Unless they somehow speed up releasing decisions for February interviewees you might not hear back until April which by then the class will probably be pretty full but thats any school. But honestly because they donā€™t over-interview I dont think UCSF would interview anyone who doesnt have a real shot at acceptance.
I think I was also asking since all the schools Iā€™ve gotten interviews at so far have post II acceptance rates below 40%. Until I got the UCSF interview, which has like a 50ish % acceptance rate. Do you think that I have a more than 50% chance of being accepted to UCSF at this point or not really?

They apparently split applicants into thirds after interviewā€” top 1/3 get accepted outright, middle third get waitlisted, bottom third rejected (Thereā€™s a lot of waitlist movement here, which eventually ends up making the final post II acceptance rate about 50%). In terms of timeline, ~1 month seems reasonable (I interviewed mid November and was accepted mid December). Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone interviewed in early November still waiting to hear back? Curious what the timeline is going to be.

Does anyone know at what time of day decisions typically come out?
I feel like it'd be 5 pst, but tbh I'm not super convinced that they aren't just gonna wait until mid feb and release everyone up to december interviews

Reactions: 2 users