2021-2022 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! I’m currently on the waitlist and wanted to send a letter of intent, but I can’t remember if they do accept LOI. Does anyone have advice on whether I should send one or not? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Does anyone know if UCSF gives out iPads to their incoming students?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Does anyone know if UCSF gives out iPads to their incoming students?
To add onto that, do we know if they give us extra money in the budget to purchase one or anything? The Fall quarter amount is about $5,000 more than Winter and Spring but not sure where it’s coming from.

Has anyone applied for housing yet? Just wanted to poll cuz I was curious and got told the priority deadline ended yesterday oops lmao

Has anyone applied for housing yet? Just wanted to poll cuz I was curious and got told the priority deadline ended yesterday oops lmao
Wait really?! I didn’t even realize it was open. They haven’t sent anything out about applying yet. Was the priority maybe for current students?

Reactions: 1 users
Wait really?! I didn’t even realize it was open. They haven’t sent anything out about applying yet. Was the priority maybe for current students?
I'm an M0 and I applied, though I likely will end up off campus I think.

Members don't see this ad :)
how's my waitlist gang doing? what are y'all doing to count down the days lool

Also, anyone know if we find out immediately on May 1st or will they regroup and look at our apps again and take a few days after May 1st?

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone received their fin aid package lately ? Or have any info on what day we should expect it ?

Has anyone received their fin aid package lately ? Or have any info on what day we should expect it ?
I spoke to them. They’re trying to get them out this week before the April 15th deadline to narrow down choices.

Reactions: 2 users
I hope they send the fin aid packages today. The uncertainty of where I’m gonna go is agonizing lol.

Last edited:
How my waitlist peeps doing?
trying to remain hopeful! ucsf please ✨✨✨

best of luck to everyone, no matter what happens, you've made it very far and you should all feel very proud! 💛🧡💚💙💜

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Got the call from JMP this morning, I'm off the waitlist!!!! They said I'll be getting more emails soon, and that I think I was also accepted to PRIME? Bit unclear. Can't believe it.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Hey so has anyone been having trouble getting ahold of their office recently? I sent the admissions office an email on Monday morning and they haven’t responded yet.

Hey so has anyone been having trouble getting ahold of their office recently? I sent the admissions office an email on Monday morning and they haven’t responded yet.
I spoke with admissions on the phone, Hallen is really swamped right now chasing down students who ignored the May 2nd deadline and confirming whether or not they’re attending. She let me know they’ll have a better idea at the end of the week how many more spots they have, but looking like not much movement.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
I spoke with admissions on the phone, Hallen is really swamped right now chasing down students who ignored the May 2nd deadline and confirming whether or not they’re attending. She let me know they’ll have a better idea at the end of the week how many more spots they have, but looking like not much movement.
Poor Hallen. I met her during ASW and she was great! Yeah, I just had some issues to discuss (I’ve already committed and did so a couple of days ago) with her or someone else at admissions, and it’s a bit reassuring that their lack of a response is because they’re super busy (as opposed to just ignoring me).

Can't get over people actually ignoring the deadline for UCSF, while we're out here sweating bricks refreshing every hour 😅

Reactions: 4 users
Any other JMP peeps having trouble getting in touch with the admissions office? I'm trying to get more info on calendar dates or any events coming up, if anyone knows anything hmu!

I sent an email to Hallen about waitlist movement and she said: " At the moment, I don’t anticipate much movement from the SF program alternate list." I feel like I've been bugging her too much, so if anyone wants to ask maybe a week from now please do and let us know!

Reactions: 3 users
I don't know if this will help anyone, but I figured I'd share it. I have unfortunately been neurotically tracking the FB page member count, and here are the number of members, excluding admins. (I missed a few days..)
  • April 27th: 242 members
  • April 29th: 243 members
  • May 2nd: 250 members
  • May 3rd: 249 members
  • May 4th: 247 members
  • May 5th: 246 members
  • May 6th: 246 members
  • May 7th: 249 members
  • May 8th: 251 members
  • May 9th: 252 members
  • May 10th: 252 members

Obviously, there are some current students in there, not every accepted student joins the FB page, etc. but it's looking like WL movement has been minimal. My theory is that UCSF's yield increased significantly when Step 1 went P/F, probably more so than most other T20s. Data collected from MSAR and USNWR is 2-3 years out of date and reflects a time before COVID and before Step 1 went P/F. When Hallen says that they're not expecting much movement, it makes me think their class is pretty set, give or take a few people who may drop their A between now and the start.

Sharing this in case it helps bring peace to anyone now or in the future when people come back to look at this thread. Things are just WAY more competitive than they were even a few years before. Especially at these T10s/T20s. I had a pretty hard time before knowing this; I was blaming myself for not getting in because I had seen that their overall post-interview acceptance rate was ~50-60% (based on this, which I now know is data from the 2019 cycle). Felt like I screwed up majorly. But now I realize that I did my best, and the odds weren't as good as they seemed. That has helped bring me some peace.

You guys all did amazing. Keep your heads up. I hope that one of us makes it off of the waitlist. But you'll all do amazing things regardless. Sending love.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
sigh.
Meme Generator - Kermit waiting - Newfa Stuff

Reactions: 5 users
I don't know if this will help anyone, but I figured I'd share it. I have unfortunately been neurotically tracking the FB page member count, and here are the number of members, excluding admins. (I missed a few days..)
  • April 27th: 242 members
  • April 29th: 243 members
  • May 2nd: 250 members
  • May 3rd: 249 members
  • May 4th: 247 members
  • May 5th: 246 members
  • May 6th: 246 members
  • May 7th: 249 members
  • May 8th: 251 members
  • May 9th: 252 members
  • May 10th: 252 members

Obviously, there are some current students in there, not every accepted student joins the FB page, etc. but it's looking like WL movement has been minimal. My theory is that UCSF's yield increased significantly when Step 1 went P/F, probably more so than most other T20s. Data collected from MSAR and USNWR is 2-3 years out of date and reflects a time before COVID and before Step 1 went P/F. When Hallen says that they're not expecting much movement, it makes me think their class is pretty set, give or take a few people who may drop their A between now and the start.

Sharing this in case it helps bring peace to anyone now or in the future when people come back to look at this thread. Things are just WAY more competitive than they were even a few years before. Especially at these T10s/T20s. I had a pretty hard time before knowing this; I was blaming myself for not getting in because I had seen that their overall post-interview acceptance rate was ~50-60% (based on this, which I now know is data from the 2019 cycle). Felt like I screwed up majorly. But now I realize that I did my best, and the odds weren't as good as they seemed. That has helped bring me some peace.

You guys all did amazing. Keep your heads up. I hope that one of us makes it off of the waitlist. But you'll all do amazing things regardless. Sending love.
This. There were schools with 50ish percent post II acceptance rates that my stats were above average for and I got waitlisted or rejected.

Has anyone asked admissions about the status of waitlist movement by any chance?

Reactions: 2 users
No movement.
Gonna move on from this school now!

To everyone on the wait list, please be proud you got this far! Y'all are amazing and will be great physicians ❤️