2021-2022 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

OOS Secondary received!

@wysdoc secondary prompts as follows:

1. In 500 words or fewer, please explain your reasons for applying to the University at Buffalo's Jacobs School of Medicine. Please be specific.
2. In 500 words or fewer, please explain how you would respond to a fellow student who muttered a racist or homophobic statement under their breath in your presence and that of other peers?
3. To some extent, everyone in the US has been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. In 500 words or fewer, please explain the ways in which you and your family have been adversely affected by this pandemic. (OPTIONAL)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted the secondary, but I was never prompted to pay the application fee...does anyone know where I am supposed to do that?

I just submitted the secondary, but I was never prompted to pay the application fee...does anyone know where I am supposed to do that?
Link to pay is in the 1st email they sent

Reactions: 2 users
Question for the COVID question, like life was annoying and difficult during COVID, but I stilled worked full time bc I did research. However, there were lots of learning experiences here... Like I volunteer for a vaccine clinic. Made me want to be a part of it, but should I just skip the essay then because it says "adversely" or could I spin it to have the positive aspects by saying it was diffuclt bc blah blah, but I also learned and then write a majority on the positive

Anyone else receive an error when trying to submit their secondary?

Did you guys fill in the 5000 character limit or just write less than 500 words as indicated by the question.

Was anyone else able to submit the secondary without paying? I wasn't prompted to pay a fee and it looks like everything went through

Was anyone else able to submit the secondary without paying? I wasn't prompted to pay a fee and it looks like everything went through
There is a separate email with a link that you use to pay. I got an email saying everything was confirmed the next day after I paid and submitted the secondary.

There is a separate email with a link that you use to pay. I got an email saying everything was confirmed the next day after I paid and submitted the secondary.
Do you know what the hours for the e-pay is? I tried to pay but the link is not allowing me as its under maintenance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much! I'll make sure to check back later since it appears the site is under maintenance.

Did you guys fill in the 5000 character limit or just write less than 500 words as indicated by the question.
I did over 500 for the first two prompts and the last prompt it was less than 500

Question for the COVID question, like life was annoying and difficult during COVID, but I stilled worked full time bc I did research. However, there were lots of learning experiences here... Like I volunteer for a vaccine clinic. Made me want to be a part of it, but should I just skip the essay then because it says "adversely" or could I spin it to have the positive aspects by saying it was diffuclt bc blah blah, but I also learned and then write a majority on the positive
I am also wondering about this. I have something written for other schools about how COVID-19 restrictions impacted my activities, and what I did to be proactive. But this question is asking about adversities to me and my family. I am almost inclined to just leave it blank since I did not have any major adversities besides effected scribing, shadowing, volunteering etc. What are you guys writing for this?

I am also wondering about this. I have something written for other schools about how COVID-19 restrictions impacted my activities, and what I did to be proactive. But this question is asking about adversities to me and my family. I am almost inclined to just leave it blank since I did not have any major adversities besides effected scribing, shadowing, volunteering etc. What are you guys writing for this?
I was/am also in the same boat, and I decided not to write. I figured that based off of what I could write, at best, it would have no sway on my application and would be the same as not doing it. I felt like I would have been forcing it and it would have led to bad writing, so I left it blank.

Does the link on their website to check application status work for anyone? When I put my AMCAS ID it just comes up with "no information found". Check Your Application Status (link to that webpage)

Damn, how do we know if our application is complete and not missing any items? I just realized I was missing my perm resident card after 9 days of submitting.

Damn, how do we know if our application is complete and not missing any items? I just realized I was missing my perm resident card after 9 days of submitting.
Same here, how did you send it? I can't find where to upload it.

Same here, how did you send it? I can't find where to upload it.
I realized that they send out an email to confirm you completed everything. To upload your card, it's the link in the original email that Buffalo sent you for your secondary. It's the email with the link to E Pay

Reactions: 1 user
Congratz to everyone receiving an interview invite

Is the "check status" thing no longer working for some people when it was working before? I've been trying to check application portals ~1x/wk just in case I miss an email, and while it was working before it's back to saying "no information found" for me. This the case for anyone else?

Reactions: 4 users
Is the "check status" thing no longer working for some people when it was working before? I've been trying to check application portals ~1x/wk just in case I miss an email, and while it was working before it's back to saying "no information found" for me. This the case for anyone else?
That's been happening to me too - I assumed it was just a technical glitch.

How do you even check the status? I only see "view application" back on the gateway page.

Just use this link :)

it says "No information found." but I previously was able to see I was complete.....is this a bad sign for my application or is it checker just down? :confused:

edit: I just read the thread above lol looks like its just not working well.

it says "No information found." but I previously was able to see I was complete.....is this a bad sign for my application or is it checker just down? :confused:

edit: I just read the thread above lol looks like its just not working well.
same

Mine is working again haha (was down yesterday after working previously)

Any idea when the next round of II will be released? Feeling impatient :(

Can anyone with an II speak to the possible dates? Especially if you are electing to have the Interview in person?