2021-2022 UCLA (PRIME)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

It's quiet in here! Super excited to be applying to PRIME-LA. Fingers crossed

Prompts @wysdoc

1. What is the most important social issue confronting the health of disadvantaged communities and what would be your first steps to address this issue?
2. In what way will graduating from PRIME-LA and obtaining a master's degree enhance your career in health care or health services for disadvantaged communities? (If you are considering a specific master’s degree (e.g. MPP, MPH, MBA, etc.), please incorporate your graduate degree plans or aspirations into your answer)
3. Describe the manner in which your experiences demonstrate your understanding of, and commitment to, underserved communities.
4. What are your greatest strengths and your greatest challenges as you approach medical school?
5. What is your most memorable experience as it relates to working with vulnerable populations?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do the two applications (UCLA and PRIME) get reviewed by separate groups? The prompt on UCLA's secondary "Describe your most important volunteer work and why it was meaningful" and this prompt from PRIME "What is your most memorable experience as it relates to working with vulnerable populations?" are similar for me. I want to avoid repeating the same things if they can see the other secondaries.

Do the two applications (UCLA and PRIME) get reviewed by separate groups? The prompt on UCLA's secondary "Describe your most important volunteer work and why it was meaningful" and this prompt from PRIME "What is your most memorable experience as it relates to working with vulnerable populations?" are similar for me. I want to avoid repeating the same things if they can see the other secondaries.
I have the same question!

Hey y'all! Just submitted my PRIME-LA secondary, super excited and hopeful! Does anyone have any info on number of applications and interviews they receive for PRIME each year? Simply out of curiosity but couldn't find it anywhere on the MSAR or their site.

Anyone hear anything yet? Or do PRIME applicants typically get II's later in the cycle than regular admission?

Any updates? I think IIs should be going out soon?
Not that I know of, but seeing that someone posted on the UCLA PRIME thread nearly gave me a heart attack thinking someone was posting that they got an II.

From previous years, it looks like they come out on the same day. :nailbiting: I've resolved to just have no expectation of getting an II seeing how competitive it is. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Not that I know of, but seeing that someone posted on the UCLA PRIME thread nearly gave me a heart attack thinking someone was posting that they got an II.

From previous years, it looks like they come out on the same day. :nailbiting: I've resolved to just have no expectation of getting an II seeing how competitive it is. LOL.
omg sorry for the heart attack!! LOL good luck and I'm hoping we get IIs soon then!

Anyone hear anything yet?

It looks like they updated the interview dates on the website, so not sure if that means IIs were already sent out. :unsure: Worst case, if I don't hear anything by Thanksgiving, I'll likely know my answer, but just want to put myself out of my misery sooner than later. LOL. Sigh....

Members don't see this ad :)

It looks like they updated the interview dates on the website, so not sure if that means IIs were already sent out. :unsure: Worst case, if I don't hear anything by Thanksgiving, I'll likely know my answer, but just want to put myself out of my misery sooner than later. LOL. Sigh....
Darn. Was really hoping today was the day. What is the link to that website btw with the timeline/interview dates?

Crickets for me. Every time I see an update on this thread I freak out lmaoo

• Haha
Darn. Was really hoping today was the day. What is the link to that website btw with the timeline/interview dates?
Yup! I sound completely neurotic for the mere fact that I noticed it. But it's because I had notated originally that one was in December, with the last one being January 9th. When I checked today, it changed so all three dates occur in January 2022.

It’s worked once before… so jumping in here and ✨manifesting✨ a prime II for all of us 😎

Reactions: 3 users
II 30 mins ago!!! IS, complete mid-July. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
My memory is kind of fogging me... They said they did not accept thank you letters, correct? Does anyone who interviewed remember?

I was a bit confused about this during the interview, but do you all think it’s common to get accepted to both CDU and PRIME-LA? Given that there are only 4 PRIME-Drew spots, just wondering if getting accepted to CDU suggests that we are likely not accepted to PRIME

I was a bit confused about this during the interview, but do you all think it’s common to get accepted to both CDU and PRIME-LA? Given that there are only 4 PRIME-Drew spots, just wondering if getting accepted to CDU suggests that we are likely not accepted to PRIME
I actually think its the other way around - getting into CDU might increase chances of getting into PRIME. The whole process is confusing tho and I'm not sure how much the two programs overlap/communicate

Anybody know if decisions come out this week? 🥲

This is torture 🥲

Reactions: 2 users
I really thought they said by February during our interviews but I guess it’s only been a few days past that. Fingers crossed we hear soon 🤞👀

They really taking their time 😭

I remember they said the latest would be the first week of March!

OMG can’t believe it but I got the call 😭 Good luck everyone!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I just got the call I’m literally ready to fall out! It’s for Prime LA CDU

• Love
Congratulations! Does anyone know if they send out calls on multiple days or just yesterday?

Congratulations! Does anyone know if they send out calls on multiple days or just yesterday?
They couldn't have called everyone in one night! They're probably going to be making calls throughout the week

If they're sending waitlists that means they must have made all their acceptances

I think they must have given all their A's last night.. and they're handing out the waitlists now.. next is the R's, mentally preparing myself for that.

• Care
I think they must have given all their A's last night.. and they're handing out the waitlists now.. next is the R's, mentally preparing myself for that.
Honestly I think you are right, I'm in a bit of shock/disbelief I thought my interview went really well and my reasons for prime were unique. Hard pill to swallow, but congratulations to all the A's and good luck to the WL's!

I refuse to believe this 🥲
There nooooo way