2021-2022 Nevada, Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Could you post the essay prompts?
1. Describe how your background and future goals will contribute to the mission of the UNLV School of Medicine.
2. Briefly discuss how you envision yourself contributing to the care of our growing and diverse population in the state of Nevada.
3. Provide a BRIEF chronological summary of your time since graduating from high school up to the point of applying to medical school.
4. You are welcome to share with the Admissions Committee any disruptions or impact to your application components, the application process, and/or your personal life due to COVID-19. This field is not required. OPTIONAL
5. If you have any other information you believe is important for the Admissions Committee to consider, please include it here. You are limited to 250 words. Do not restate information already in your primary AMCAS application. OPTIONAL

250 word limit for each
@wysdoc

Nevermind - I'll reach out via email

Last edited:
For the prompt-Provide a BRIEF chronological summary of your time since graduating from high school up to the point of applying to medical school.
Is this considered brief or should I fill the 250-word count?
Should I take out trips I've taken or leave them in to bring out personality?
How do you rearrange dates that overlap with others?

2006: Graduated ________High School;
2006-2008: Worked as a ________ at______;
2009-2016: Worked as a _______at _________;
2011-2013: Worked as a _____at _______;
2012-2017: Attended __________ College;
2018: Traveled to Thailand for two weeks
2017-2019: Attended ____________ University
2016-2019: Worked as a _____ at _____ Medical Center;
2020: Traveled to Indonesia for two weeks
2019-2021; EMT certification and volunteer at _____
2019-Present: Work as a _________ at ________ Medical Center;
2020-Present: Work as a _______ at _______ Medical Center;
2020-Present: Volunteer at _______

For the prompt-Provide a BRIEF chronological summary of your time since graduating from high school up to the point of applying to medical school.
Is this considered brief or should I fill the 250-word count?
Should I take out trips I've taken or leave them in to bring out personality?
How do you rearrange dates that overlap with others?

2006: Graduated ________High School;
2006-2008: Worked as a ________ at______;
2009-2016: Worked as a _______at _________;
2011-2013: Worked as a _____at _______;
2012-2017: Attended __________ College;
2018: Traveled to Thailand for two weeks
2017-2019: Attended ____________ University
2016-2019: Worked as a _____ at _____ Medical Center;
2020: Traveled to Indonesia for two weeks
2019-2021; EMT certification and volunteer at _____
2019-Present: Work as a _________ at ________ Medical Center;
2020-Present: Work as a _______ at _______ Medical Center;
2020-Present: Volunteer at _______
I only mentioned things that added to my app, but your format looks good!

+1

E: Did you not take your acceptance to DMU?
I got a II, but I declined the interview. I'm already enrolled in another DO school, and I don't really see a reason to switch to another one that has similar match statistics. I'm not even 100% sure I'll take this II just because it means redoing an entire year of medical school. I know it's definitely gonna irk people because I'm in sort of a privileged position here, but that's the truth. I figure the least I can do is help other people keep track of when II's are going out though.

I got a II, but I declined the interview. I'm already enrolled in another DO school, and I don't really see a reason to switch to another one that has similar match statistics. I'm not even 100% sure I'll take this II just because it means redoing an entire year of medical school. I know it's definitely gonna irk people because I'm in sort of a privileged position here, but that's the truth. I figure the least I can do is help other people keep track of when II's are going out though.
Did you defer or have you started classes already?

Members don't see this ad :)
My classes have already started. The only reason I am even considering making the switch is the tuition is significantly cheaper.
For sure! Well, I'm sure you'll figure out what is best for you. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do!

Is there a way to check a status? For some reason I am very confused by their portal.
Nah, there isn’t a way. Just sit tight, they’ll email you when there’s something to update you with!

Reactions: 1 users
When do out of state but ties to Las Vegas usually get an interview?

Is there a way to check a status? For some reason I am very confused by their portal.
We don't push out updates in our portal. We will message if there is a change in status. Until then files are under review. Our deadline is October 1st and we'll be waiting upon verifications and MCAT scores for several weeks after that. Our first round of rejection message typically come out in late November or early December. These go out to those not going to secondary. We typically also try to wrap up all offers for interview by mid-to-late December. That is our additional round of notifications. For those who interview, they tend to stay active for quite some time as we do rolling admissions.

II today IS :) . Anyone know if they are accepting more students this year with the new facility?

Last edited:
II today IS :) . Anyone know if they are accepting more students this year with the new facility?
They said for now the class will still be 60. With the opening of their new medical building next year they’re going to look to expand, but they have to go through the process with the LCME to get that approved.

Reactions: 1 users
How long did it take for people to receive II after submitting their secondaries? Especially for IS peeps?

How long did it take for people to receive II after submitting their secondaries? Especially for IS peeps?
For me it took a little over 3 weeks! But I think the timeline is different based on secondary submission date etc.

The told us that the committee meets the 3rd Thursday of every month.

Does anyone know how long the recorded responses for the interview are?
5-7 minutes given but you don’t have to use the whole time. You also get a minute after the question is shown/read before you start responding

The told us that the committee meets the 3rd Thursday of every month.
The committee meets mostly on the 3rd Thursday but sometimes it moves around due to holidays and schedules.

Last edited:
II today, complete 9/2
OOS (strong ties), LM 69 (nice)

Edit to add: Interview spots are now into January, I chose the week of Jan 3rd

Have they looked into OOS sig ties applicants yet?

II today!

Guys, I’m literally in tears. This is my first II in my first cycle! I am so grateful!

Complete 10/12

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
+1. This call made the holidays a lot better! Interviewed at the end of September.
Congratulations!! Around what time did they call you, and if you dont mind answering what were your stats?