2021-2022 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! Interviewed 11/9. OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I was complete in like July... am I out of the running? I can't even send an update letter or anything.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete in like July... am I out of the running? I can't even send an update letter or anything.
I spoke to a current student who didn't interview until April and didn't get in til May. I do not know when they submitted, but my understanding is that you will remain in the pool of viable applicants until the Class of 2026 is solidified. I do not think you are ever "out of the running" until you have been rejected. Keep your chin up and keep living your best life.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if lectures are mandatory and the frequency of exams?
Info I got from a current first year: they have quiz every Monday, low stakes takes like 1-2 hours of studying for it. Anatomy quizzes every Wednesday, this takes more time to prepare for but apparently they give you all the questions in anatomy class and pick some questions from stuff they already gave you. Once every few weeks, you have progress tests. Every 6 weeks, there is a block week where you have final exams for everything (medical knowledge, history taking, clinical skills, OMM, imaging). The block exams are cumulative!!

In terms of grading, 70 is pass, 80-90 is high pass, 90+ is honours. You are also ranked by the school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Any accepted and attending people heard anything from the school in terms of what we need to do prior to starting? The deposit email said info coming early spring but idk about the FAFSA and stuff.

Any accepted and attending people heard anything from the school in terms of what we need to do prior to starting? The deposit email said info coming early spring but idk about the FAFSA and stuff.
My deposit email didn't say anything about info coming early spring? All it said was thanks and reminder for the 1500$.

My deposit email didn't say anything about info coming early spring? All it said was thanks and reminder for the 1500$.
It was the 2nd deposit confirmation and said “The UNE COM Office of Recruitment, Student, and Alumni Services is in the process of preparing materials that will be going out to the incoming class in spring/early summer.”

Info I got from a current first year: they have quiz every Monday, low stakes takes like 1-2 hours of studying for it. Anatomy quizzes every Wednesday, this takes more time to prepare for but apparently they give you all the questions in anatomy class and pick some questions from stuff they already gave you. Once every few weeks, you have progress tests. Every 6 weeks, there is a block week where you have final exams for everything (medical knowledge, history taking, clinical skills, OMM, imaging). The block exams are cumulative!!

In terms of grading, 70 is pass, 80-90 is high pass, 90+ is honours. You are also ranked by the school.
Going to ask a piggy back question since you know an M1. I’m trying to plan a vacation in the summer, I see online that classes start 7/1, could you see how early they had them on campus for orientation before the start of classes? I asked admission and they said it varies year to year

Going to ask a piggy back question since you know an M1. I’m trying to plan a vacation in the summer, I see online that classes start 7/1, could you see how early they had them on campus for orientation before the start of classes? I asked admission and they said it varies year to year
Hi, current first year. Our orientation started the week before official classes began. I moved halfway through June to get settled (don’t recommend moving immediately before orientation).

Also if anyone has any questions lmk.

I understand that this question was already asked but I have not yet seen a response to it. Does anyone know if there is an accepted students group?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today!! In-state and SO thrilled to get the chance to interview with UNE! :giggle:

ACCEPTED JUST NOW! Stoked for this school:) OOS no ties (interviewed 11/30)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II today! Complete 9/13 but my MCAT score was released on 10/5. 3.64 sGPA 3.77 uGPA. 50X MCAT. OOS

Last edited:
Ah!!! II tonight, just when I was starting to lose hope. Complete 8/11, from New England

Interviewed 11/30 and waitlisted today. Congrats to everyone accepted

• Care
Accepted yesterday, super excited about it! I'm wanting to tour the school in-person but never got a response from the email address I was forwarded to regarding campus tours. Anyone know how to go about setting one up?

Accepted yesterday, super excited about it! I'm wanting to tour the school in-person but never got a response from the email address I was forwarded to regarding campus tours. Anyone know how to go about setting one up?
I emailed about setting up an in person tour as well, got ghosted :( Maybe they're really busy?

Did y'all get a complete email after the "Thank you for your application fee" email? I never got anything after that so I wanted to see if I needed to reach out!

Did y'all get a complete email after the "Thank you for your application fee" email? I never got anything after that so I wanted to see if I needed to reach out!
Yes, I got both emails on the same day

Accepted 12/16! OOS. Interviewed 11/30. Is there a group for accepted students? Anyone know?

Accepted 12/16! OOS. Interviewed 11/30. Is there a group for accepted students? Anyone know?
I looked at the Class of 2025 Facebook group, and it was made in late January, so I'm assuming that's how it will be for us too. I figured if they don't make an accepted students Facebook group by the end of January we should reach out to try to get that made

Secondary Submitted 8/30/21, II on 12/16! Will be interviewing on 1/27/22. OOS

I looked at the Class of 2025 Facebook group, and it was made in late January, so I'm assuming that's how it will be for us too. I figured if they don't make an accepted students Facebook group by the end of January we should reach out to try to get that made
Our class will make it for you at some point. We just finished the Cardio Pulm block so we are taking a much needed break for a few weeks! Keep checking FB later in January or someone will post here.

UNECOM 1st year here, currently looking for a 4th person to live with next year. Have a 4 person house locked down with two guys and a girl. Therefore, looking for one more person. Accepted students ( who are fairly certainly they will be attending) feel free to reach out for details!

Goodluck everyone!!! Fingers crossed!

Debating an acceptance here versus another school. Can any current students weigh in on the number mandatory lectures/time spent on campus each week, or how it is living in the area? The overall school tuition seems pretty high but the cost of attendance seems very low, especially if the campus moves to Portland next year.

Debating an acceptance here versus another school. Can any current students weigh in on the number mandatory lectures/time spent on campus each week, or how it is living in the area? The overall school tuition seems pretty high but the cost of attendance seems very low, especially if the campus moves to Portland next year.
Essentially none of the lectures are mandatory and they’re all recorded. Sometimes when professors lecture for the first time they’ll have it be mandatory but there’s no attendance so it’s really not. Otherwise we have 12 hours of labs each week, sometimes they go shorter but not that often. 2 hours of mandatory CBL every Monday and then on Fridays we have 1 hour mandatory on doctoring and have to attend half of the 1 hour grand rounds on Fridays. Where the school is is absolutely beautiful and the surrounding areas/Biddeford is nice as well. Feel free to message me if you have any other questions!

Essentially none of the lectures are mandatory and they’re all recorded. Sometimes when professors lecture for the first time they’ll have it be mandatory but there’s no attendance so it’s really not. Otherwise we have 12 hours of labs each week, sometimes they go shorter but not that often. 2 hours of mandatory CBL every Monday and then on Fridays we have 1 hour mandatory on doctoring and have to attend half of the 1 hour grand rounds on Fridays. Where the school is is absolutely beautiful and the surrounding areas/Biddeford is nice as well. Feel free to message me if you have any other questions!
I heard they are very OMM heavy. Would you say this is true? How many hours of week is dedicated to OMM?

wowza, is 12 hours lab all OMM?

I heard they are very OMM heavy. Would you say this is true? How many hours of week is dedicated to OMM?
Yeah I would agree with that. 4 hours of OMM lab each week, sometimes shorter. Other schools I think are only 1-2 hours a week. It’s not horrible but I think it’s more than it should be

Yeah I would agree with that. 4 hours of OMM lab each week, sometimes shorter. Other schools I think are only 1-2 hours a week. It’s not horrible but I think it’s more than it should be
Lecture portion isn’t included in that is it? Do you know how much additional hours lecture is?

Does anyone know how to upload update letters? It says in one of their emails that they can't be submitted until Jan 1 2022 but after that, to upload as a pdf to the "Applicant Upload Documents" section on the AACOMAS application but I literally don't see that section anywhere. Can we just email it to them?? Someone pls help/confirm!!!

Does anyone know how to upload update letters? It says in one of their emails that they can't be submitted until Jan 1 2022 but after that, to upload as a pdf to the "Applicant Upload Documents" section on the AACOMAS application but I literally don't see that section anywhere. Can we just email it to them?? Someone pls help/confirm!!!
Are you pre or post interview, because I didn't receive an email like that :unsure:

The email I got after submitting primaries stated that they were only accepting coursework updates within these dates:
  • September 3, 2021 - October 13, 2021
  • December 15, 2021 - February 16, 2022
  • March 14, 2022 - April 11, 2022
assuming through email since they didn't send me any portal info

I don't think UNCECOM has a portal and AACOMAS does not have a upload section so I think you just email it? But when I emailed UNECOM about updates, they said they do not accept any updates.

Would anyone who is currently a student here or has done an interview be willing to do a mock interview with me?

I have a question for anyone that has been accepted and paid the initial deposit. How long after did you receive an email with additional details on matriculation. I just received and email that confirmed by payment and listed the due date for the second deposit. I am wondering if there is additional information and items that will need to be completed prior to the second payment.