2021-2022 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there anyone can I DM about the interview? I have one coming up and have some questions about the format

Members don't see this ad.

last year I received my II on Jan 19 (which resulted in an A) , not saying that II will extend that late this cycle but it is still possible

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They sent me this email on 12/22/21 for those who’s still waiting: “The UNTHSC Admissions team appreciates your patience as we consider your application to Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine. Our staff is continuing to review and evaluate applications. Interview invitations continue to be made through the month of February and Texas Residents are notified of matches through the TMDSAS website on March 4th.”

Hang in there y’all :)

Reactions: 1 users
They sent me this email on 12/22/21 for those who’s still waiting: “The UNTHSC Admissions team appreciates your patience as we consider your application to Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine. Our staff is continuing to review and evaluate applications. Interview invitations continue to be made through the month of February and Texas Residents are notified of matches through the TMDSAS website on March 4th.”

Hang in there y’all :)
Is it March 4th or March 5th that we hear back on the Match? Also that’s encouraging that they’re sending out invitations on through February.

Does TCOM let students pick between an iPad or Mac? Thanks y'all!

Current 2nd year TCOM student wanted to drop in to say good luck to everyone this application cycle. I have a few friends that were called off the waitlist all the way in May so don't sweat too much if that's you, there's time. This school is absolutely amazing and you'll love it if you choose to attend!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 1/11 and TCOM still hasn't been added to my school preference rank. Do I wait a bit longer or reach out now?

I interviewed 1/11 and TCOM still hasn't been added to my school preference rank. Do I wait a bit longer or reach out now?
Mine took like 2-3 weeks for it to update, just wait it out for now.

Reactions: 1 user
II today. Only available interview date was 02/01.

Looks like this is it folks. TX resident no II gang where ya'll at? :(

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Right here interviewed mid October, I heard TCOM is 50/50 prematch and match acceptance. Plus we still have a little over a week before Jan. 29

Right here interviewed mid October, I heard TCOM is 50/50 prematch and match acceptance. Plus we still have a little over a week before Jan. 29
Hi! Could you elaborate on the significance of Jan. 29? TIA

I would say the 50-50 prematch to match ratio is correct (an overestimate if anything). The Facebook group is around 150 people and 10-15 of those are upperclassmen/admin. In addition, I personally know a few people who prematched to other schools which they plan on ranking higher than TCOM.

If it's any consolation, I checked my interview link today to verify the date and time and it looks like they opened up another interview date in February. Also, both February dates still had available slots for interviewees. So, I suspect TCOM will be rolling out a few more II's this coming week.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, would love some clarity. I just got an admissions offer (yay!) from TCOM, but it says respond by Feb 9 and I was planning to participate in the match.

Is accepting this binding?

Hi, would love some clarity. I just got an admissions offer (yay!) from TCOM, but it says respond by Feb 9 and I was planning to participate in the match.

Accept the offer happily and you are not bound by it, all the TMDSAS schools know the match is coming up and that people may end up at a different place after Match Day.

May I ask when you interviewed?

Does anyone have any updates on interview days in Feb? Do we know how many are left?

Beat the buzzer with a prematch! ISS, LM 71.2, interviewed first week of December. My first Texas A!

I know about the Honors/Pass/Fail system. Does any OM have a strong opinion on that? Does it take the pressure off like a true P/F?

Also, is lecture attendance mandatory? Do you like lecture? Dress code? Culture? I remember all these things being talked about on interview day, but it's such an intense time I hardly remember the details.

Reactions: 4 users
Beat the buzzer with a prematch! ISS, LM 71.2, interviewed first week of December. My first Texas A!

I know about the Honors/Pass/Fail system. Does any OM have a strong opinion on that? Does it take the pressure off like a true P/F?

Also, is lecture attendance mandatory? Do you like lecture? Dress code? Culture? I remember all these things being talked about on interview day, but it's such an intense time I hardly remember the details.
Congrats! 1st yr student - personally, I don't stress about honoring, but everyone's academic goal is different. We have some in person lectures but most "lectures" are prerecorded videos (DSAs) that have an associated in person MLM, basically a practice question session with the professor and it is optional attendance. Everything in person is recorded and posted promptly after, so most students do not go. No dress code other than for standardized patient encounters. Culture is pretty chill imo, very friendly, everyone is willing to share resources and tips.

Congrats! 1st yr student - personally, I don't stress about honoring, but everyone's academic goal is different. We have some in person lectures but most "lectures" are prerecorded videos (DSAs) that have an associated in person MLM, basically a practice question session with the professor and it is optional attendance. Everything in person is recorded and posted promptly after, so most students do not go. No dress code other than for standardized patient encounters. Culture is pretty chill imo, very friendly, everyone is willing to share resources and tips.
Amazing! tyvm

Are there any current TCOM students who are lurking and would be willing to PM and answer some questions?

Kind of. But you will still be ranked. Your rank will still be in your dean's letter. You are probably going to still stress about doing well. Personally, I stopped caring in second year and my life got much happier.
Also, is lecture attendance mandatory?
Nope.
Do you like lecture?
Harder nope.
Dress code?
None except for OMM lab (athletic attire), anatomy lab (scrubs), and your doctoring classes (professional)
I do not believe our culture is much different from any other medical school in Texas and would not let this influence your decision either for or against.
I remember all these things being talked about on interview day, but it's such an intense time I hardly remember the details.

Does anyone who interviewed on 02/01 have TCOM updated to their TMDSAS portal to rank it? or do we know by when to expect it?
If you don't see it by a week past your interview, email TCOM and ask them to update you.

I would ordinarily say wait 2 weeks but our rank list deadline is coming up on Feb 18th

I know it's kind of late but is there a possibility for anymore interviews to be done in February?
Honestly, I'm wondering this too. The email they sent back in December said they would continue to send interview invites through February but the ranking list is due Feb 18th. My application still says "in review" and I have not received a formal rejection from this school yet even though several other Texas schools have already sent their rejections.

Honestly, I'm wondering this too. The email they sent back in December said they would continue to send interview invites through February but the ranking list is due Feb 18th. My application still says "in review" and I have not received a formal rejection from this school yet even though several other Texas schools have already sent their rejections. if not formally
If you have not interviewed at a school by February 18th, you will be assumed rejected even if you have not received a formal notification.
Most of the Texas schools don't send out official rejections at this point.

Honestly, I'm wondering this too. The email they sent back in December said they would continue to send interview invites through February but the ranking list is due Feb 18th. My application still says "in review" and I have not received a formal rejection from this school yet even though several other Texas schools have already sent their rejections.

bro i hope so
As I just stated, there is one more scheduled interview date at TCOM this cycle. It is on 2/11/22.

If Friday comes and goes, assume you are rejected. There are no more interviews at TCOM this cycle save for this coming Friday.

Does anyone who interviewed on 02/01 have TCOM updated to their TMDSAS portal to rank it? Been about a week and no change to my portal but I don't know if I should wait longer or call them
Mine took about 2 weeks. I’d give it till near the end of this week, and if by Friday there still isn’t a change I’d email/call them.

I know it's a stressful time for but good luck to everyone! I'm a first year TCOM student so if you have any questions about the school please feel free to DM me here and I'll do my best to get your questions answered!

Does anyone who interviewed on 02/01 have TCOM updated to their TMDSAS portal to rank it? Been about a week and no change to my portal but I don't know if I should wait longer or call them
It's been updated on my end, just fyi. Since our interview date was the same, I'm assuming yours should be updated by now too. If not, you should definitely reach out to TCOM ASAP.

I interviewed 1/25 (OOS) and still haven’t heard back. Should I reach out to admissions?

I interviewed 1/25 (OOS) and still haven’t heard back. Should I reach out to admissions?
In-state applicants have their Match Day tomorrow and some OOS people may hear back tomorrow or after.
Just a little more waiting! Up to 10% of the class can be OOS.

Reactions: 3 users
Matched! Super excited ☺️

(Interviewed on 1/14 if it matters)