2021-2022 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if the May 15th deadline for those on the waitlist, but holding other Texas acceptances applies to deferred admissions?
I was wondering this as well. I noticed last year they offered a few students deferred admission after May 15.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!! That’s amazing!!!
Tysm!!

Congrats! Is there anything you recommend to do that might increase someone's chance of getting off the waitlist?
I sent a letter of intent back in March the week after Match Day, but I didn't really do much else other than that. One of my LOR writers offered to send them a supplemental letter last week, but I'm not sure if it was processed or if the adcom even saw it.

Congrats! Did you get a call or an email?
I got an email!

congrats!! are you IS or OOS?
In-state, interviewed in early January!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I might be wrong, but compared to past cycles It feels like the WL movement this year has been almost non-existent, at least based on SDN. Losing hope by the day 😕

Reactions: 1 user
I might be wrong, but compared to past cycles It feels like the WL movement this year has been almost non-existent, at least based on SDN. Losing hope by the day 😕
SDN members are being very close with their information, I agree!

This is more of a general question, but does anyone have an idea of the WL movement of the cycle overall? Like at other schools, is it as slow as it appears to be at TCOM?

This is more of a general question, but does anyone have an idea of the WL movement of the cycle overall? Like at other schools, is it as slow as it appears to be at TCOM?
mcgovern waitlist moved fast, everywhere else looks slow

I saw one person say they got an offer from TCOM WL last week.
Maybe the TMDSAS schools were very precise and cautious with their admissions this year and there isn't much need to go to the WLs.
Generally we're done the first week of June but I think it's going to drag on a few more weeks this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted a spot off the waitlist on 6/16, IS, LM ~70 :)

Reactions: 7 users
does anyone know if they will defer students?

It depends on the reason, did you just get an offer?
Sadly no..I’m on the waitlist and just still holding onto something with TCOM for the cycle :’)

Last edited: