2021-2022 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any advice from those who have interviewed here?
Don’t stress about it at all - know why you wanna be a doc & be your self and you will be golden

Members don't see this ad.

How long was your interview?
About 50 minutes. Very conversational. This was first interview, so I'm beating myself up about how I could have done better, but we will see what happens.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just interviewed yesterday. The interviewer did have specific questions in mind, but they were all from my application so it was easy to talk about. My biggest advice - know your application, know why you want to go to KYCOM, and be yourself. It was very relaxed and lasted about 45 minutes.

I also want to add that my interview was very short (~20 minutes) and I freaked out when I got on here and saw that some people's interviews lasted up to an hour lol. So don't be discouraged if yours doesn't last very long! I was accepted around two weeks after my interview.

Reactions: 1 users
How did you prepare for the interview? if you don't mind sharing, what questions did they ask?

Hi all, just wondering if anyone here (students, applicants, accepted, II's) has ever sent an update letter/letter of interest to KYCOM? I've only been complete so I know that's not very long, but my R's from everywhere else are piling up and I wanna know if I should consider it after a couple more weeks lol Any advice would be great!

Hi all, just wondering if anyone here (students, applicants, accepted, II's) has ever sent an update letter/letter of interest to KYCOM? I've only been complete so I know that's not very long, but my R's from everywhere else are piling up and I wanna know if I should consider it after a couple more weeks lol Any advice would be great!
I emailed them and people say if you email them, they look at your app right away. I emailed them and they did look at my app but told me I’m not competitive stats wise.

I emailed them and people say if you email them, they look at your app right away. I emailed them and they did look at my app but told me I’m not competitive stats wise.
**** I’m gonna do that then, might as well I guess.

Did anyone else interview on 10/15 and hear back yet?

Last edited:
Anyone else finding that their portal is down? I'm getting an "Error 500" message when I go on.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview scheduled at 1-2 pm CDT, is that 1 pm CST? I'm sorry lol I just struggle with timezones :///
CDT is central daylight time (what is used in the summer while in daylight saving time) and CST Is central standard time (used in late fall through mid-spring while in standard time). Essentially, they are central time, just indicating different times of the year, and can help with states like Arizona where some parts do not observe daylight savings time. (can you tell I'm a timezone nerd?!?! lol)

• Wow
Received the acceptance call today! So incredibly grateful to be accepted at this school!!

I just got the acceptance call!

Reactions: 2 users
About 2 weeks ago!

Can anyone who was accepted tell me how long it usually takes for the email to come around?
I received my acceptance call today as well! Dr. Kingery informed me that the email and the letter should be mailed within 1 week but 2 weeks at the latest.

For those who have interviewed, do the Friday and Saturday itineraries that are on the secondary app just not matter since the interview is just online?

So, I sent an email to them regarding my application and its status, and I got a email saying my application has been completed and now will be under review (from like the generated thing--wasn't from a certain admissions counselor)... the thing is, I already was completed, so does that mean they are telling me it is still under review or should I call and get that clear out?

Finished my interview earlier today. Super chill honestly, I think it went really well. Definitely got me excited about the school so fingers crossed!

For those who have been accepted, on your portal under the admissions offer tab, is there a message near the payment area saying “You have decline the offer” ?

I haven’t paid the deposit yet but plan to soon, but I’m not sure why it says that. Does it say that for anyone else?

for those who interviewed or have one upcoming, when did y’all receive the email with links/info? I spoke with Jennifer yesterday over the phone and scheduled for this Friday. Thanks in advance! :)

For those who have been accepted, on your portal under the admissions offer tab, is there a message near the payment area saying “You have decline the offer” ?

I haven’t paid the deposit yet but plan to soon, but I’m not sure why it says that. Does it say that for anyone else?

Mine does not say that. I just have a button at the very bottom that says 'Decline Offer'.

for those who interviewed or have one upcoming, when did y’all receive the email with links/info? I spoke with Jennifer yesterday over the phone and scheduled for this Friday. Thanks in advance! :)

I received my email with links a few hours after I scheduled. You should probably get yours this morning. Is your interview today?? Good luck!

Mine does not say that. I just have a button at the very bottom that says 'Decline Offer'.

I received my email with links a few hours after I scheduled. You should probably get yours this morning. Is your interview today?? Good luck!
sorry I meant next Friday! And I scheduled with her on Wednesday (2 days ago) and was told that I should receive the emails soon but I haven’t yet. Should I reach out to her and let her know or should I hold off for a few days before doing so?

update: nevermind just received the interview links! :)

Last edited:
Do they send out a separate email when your app is complete? It says "complete" on the portal, but I don't recall seeing a separate email from them saying it was complete.

Thanks!!

Do they send out a separate email when your app is complete? It says "complete" on the portal, but I don't recall seeing a separate email from them saying it was complete.

Thanks!!
I received a separate email from them saying my app was complete.

I got an email about the Q&A, is this only for people who have been accepted? I interviewed with KYCOM last week.

I got an email about the Q&A, is this only for people who have been accepted? I interviewed with KYCOM last week.
I received an email about a Q&A session before I was accepted, but after my interview invite.