2021-2022 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my acceptance, I hope it goes to one of y'all on the WL!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey yall, does anyone know if kycom matched any anesthesiology this year?

Anyone notice that Pikeville was ranked #78 in primary care by USnews? I know the rankings are more a meme than not, but it’s still cool to see KYCOM making waves!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone who has already been accepted know if there is still room in the class of 2026? Or is there now a waitlist? Thanks!

Hey yall, does anyone know if kycom matched any anesthesiology this year?
Yes we had a few people match in Anesthesia this year. Last year we had 7 people match into Anesthesia

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many people got off the guaranteed waitlist last year or how many we should expect to get off?

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunatley had to miss the Q and A last night. Does anyone know how often these are held and/or how to be apart of the next one?

How do I access the Facebook group for this upcoming year? Thank you

Hi everyone, I was placed on the waitlist for this year's class & given an acceptance for next year's class this past Tuesday. I wanted to know if any current students have experience with this? I'm wanting to know what my chances are for getting off the waitlist this year. Thank you in advance!

Hi everyone, I was placed on the waitlist for this year's class & given an acceptance for next year's class this past Tuesday. I wanted to know if any current students have experience with this? I'm wanting to know what my chances are for getting off the waitlist this year. Thank you in advance!
Thanks for posting this. I am in the same position and looking for some insight.

Do mind me asking when you interviewed? I am still hoping to get on waitlist so also interested in responses to your post.

Thanks for posting this. I am in the same position and looking for some insight.
I was not in this position but from what I know about the waitlist is that it moves pretty quickly towards the end of the interview season when people get all of their offers and possibly move off waitlists from other schools they applied to. You can even be moved off the first day of classes if someone last minute decides not to attend. I know it can be frustrating but I definitely encourage keeping in contact with admissions to “check in” so they know how serious you are about wanting to attend KYCOM. It may move you up on the list.

For any current students, how strictly is attendance taken first semester? Is anatomy lab doing full disections? Lastly, what does your daily schedule look like first semester? How much time is there to study with the amount of class and lab time required? Thanks!
Hopefully a current 1st or 2nd year can correct me if I’m wrong, but attendance is not really taken in didactic classes unless it appears that people aren’t showing up. For labs (OPP and Anatomy) attendance is strictly taken each class.
Yes to full dissections! We have an excellent donor program and there are usually 4 people per donor which you have 24hr access to.
Daily schedule: mostly its an 8-3 day, Wednesdays are a little different because of OPP (the OMT class) and when I was a 1st year we had class from 10-5pm. I know that has changed but I’m not sure what it is now.
I feel like I had plenty of time to study and more free time than I anticipated having. I went to bed every night at 1030 and even took a nap when I got home from school that day. It honestly depends on you though. I also know people who studied all the time and had almost no free time. Depending on how you learn and how flexible you are will dictate how much time you spend studying. Some subjects are harder than others and your current premed background can help a lot during your 1st semester depending on classes you had. Hope this helps!

Hopefully a current 1st or 2nd year can correct me if I’m wrong, but attendance is not really taken in didactic classes unless it appears that people aren’t showing up. For labs (OPP and Anatomy) attendance is strictly taken each class.
Yes to full dissections! We have an excellent donor program and there are usually 4 people per donor which you have 24hr access to.
Daily schedule: mostly its an 8-3 day, Wednesdays are a little different because of OPP (the OMT class) and when I was a 1st year we had class from 10-5pm. I know that has changed but I’m not sure what it is now.
I feel like I had plenty of time to study and more free time than I anticipated having. I went to bed every night at 1030 and even took a nap when I got home from school that day. It honestly depends on you though. I also know people who studied all the time and had almost no free time. Depending on how you learn and how flexible you are will dictate how much time you spend studying. Some subjects are harder than others and your current premed background can help a lot during your 1st semester depending on classes you had. Hope this helps!
Thanks for this!!

I gave up my seat at KYCOM recently as I have decided to attend my state school. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Also gave up my A here today. Was very impressed by the faculty I spoke to here so excited for those of you waiting for admission - Hope someone here gets the spot off the waitlist!

Anyone who interviewed around 4/22 hear anything back yet ?

Anyone who interviewed around 4/22 hear anything back yet ?

Just got my A for the class of 2027 (via email) !!!!!!!

Last edited:
Just withdrew my seat hope it goes to one of y’all!

Is it true that KYCOM is switching to a system-based (Organ) learning system beginning this fall?

Is it true that KYCOM is switching to a system-based (Organ) learning system beginning this fall?
Yes, they are working on this diligently so that the new incoming class will be systems based

Anyone else see University of Pikeville got an anonymous $25 million donation to start a dentistry school? Super exciting for the college!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey gang, I withdrew my acceptance to KYCOM yesterday. I hope it goes to one of y'all!

Hey gang, I withdrew my acceptance to KYCOM yesterday. I hope it goes to one of y'all!

Pretty sure I got your seat! Got the call Thursday (5/26) to be added to this years class. So for that I say, “thank you, thank you, thank you!”

• Love
Pretty sure I got your seat! Got the call Thursday (5/26) to be added to this years class. So for that I say, “thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Can I ask you if you were on regular WL or WL with guaranteed acceptance for next year? Congratulation!

Can I ask you if you were on regular WL or WL with guaranteed acceptance for next year? Congratulation!

Sorry for not specifying, I didn’t know there were different ones. But WL with guarantee !

Sorry for not specifying, I didn’t know there were different ones. But WL with guarantee !
I didn't know if they did different ones either. So still crossing my fingers to get off WL with guarantee this year also.

Dude, that's amazing!! Congratulations, FUTURE DOCTOR:clap: Class of 2026, Assemble!