2021-2022 South Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you share the prompt, please?
Same as last year. So if you pre-wrote, you should be good.

1. Although interests may change, what areas of medicine are you primarily interested in at the current time? (200 characters, not including spaces)

2. Although our primary obligation is to residents of the State of Alabama, we do consider competitive, out-of-state applicants with strong ties to the State of Alabama. Please write a brief essay explaining your ties to the State of Alabama. (2000 characters; optional)

3. The learning community at the University of South Alabama College of Medicine benefits from the inclusion of students with broad life experiences, as well as students from diverse backgrounds. The Admissions Committee encourages you to share life experiences that you may have had and/or important factors in your background that illustrate your readiness for practicing medicine in a multicultural society. (500 words; optional)

Reactions: 1 user
In state secondary received this morning :D Verified on July 2. Good luck everyone !

I know it is a little early but I've talked to the Dean and just so people know, all interviews will be virtual again this year, but they are planning an in-person campus preview/event next Spring for interviewees!

Reactions: 2 users
No II yet, has anyone else received an II or R yet?

I don’t think they start interviews for regular decision until September. So it’ll be a few weeks

last year they didn’t start sending regular decision II’s until the beginning of October, and I don’t think early decision II’s are supposed to be sent out until mid/late-august at the earliest because the interviews won’t be until September and they typically send II’s 2 weeks in advance

I don’t think they start interviews for regular decision until September. So it’ll be a few weeks
Okay gotcha thanks! Got UAB already and made the assumption they’d be along the same timeline but I was way wrong haha

last year they didn’t start sending regular decision II’s until the beginning of October, and I don’t think early decision II’s are supposed to be sent out until mid/late-august at the earliest because the interviews won’t be until September and they typically send II’s 2 weeks in advance
Thanks for the info! So we have a while.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay gotcha thanks! Got UAB already and made the assumption they’d be along the same timeline but I was way wrong haha
You got an II from UAB? Were you ED or RD? Do you mind sharing stats? IS?

Is there a way to update the school? I can't seem to find any information on their website or the application itself about it.

Is there a way to update the school? I can't seem to find any information on their website or the application itself about it.
Last cycle I emailed Admissions directly and they put the updates in my file

Reactions: 1 users
I got the invite today!!!! completed on 8/30 LizzyM score is 70.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Hey did anyone who has interviewed catch when they said regular decision A's or holds would start coming out. I want to say the dean said sometime in November but I'm not sure and that seems like so many weeks to wait.....

Dang I got a hold this morning, interviewed 10/13. Does that mean im screwed? 516 3.8
Holds are not a "screwed" situation!! I received a hold when I applied, before being moved to waitlist, and then finally accepted.
Have faith and remember hold=/=rejection. :) Holds are simply a way for them to continue interviewing without filling all of their slots within the first month of the interview period.

I got an interview last year. Still waiting but not feeling good this year since I already received the II by this date last year

Had anyone been accepted after being put on hold but before being put on a wait-list?

Pre-II R today, OOS. Best of luck everyone else!

Anyone complete around mid September and not heard anything?