2021-2022 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there any chance Long will give financial aid prior to the ranking deadline? I've prematched at 2 places and would likely only choose Long if they gave me lots of aid. I'm interviewing there soon and wanted to ask this question so I know whether to withdraw my interview. Thanks!
I don’t know the answer, but since Long makes almost no prematch offers the chances are very low. At best you would find out after Match Day.You could also read the 2020-2021 thread to see what happened last year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone gotten an II invite from Long in a while? Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching and still haven't heard back from them ://

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone gotten an II invite from Long in a while? Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching and still haven't heard back from them ://
Second the question^
I was complete late May and have been waiting in silence. I haven't completed the SOWIVI since people said to wait until you get an II...hopefully we'll hear something soon as it gets closer to Thanksgiving.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when OOS acceptances start to go out? I know they said they don’t do many pre-matches but I didn’t know if it was different for OOS students who aren’t in the match

Does anyone know when OOS acceptances start to go out? I know they said they don’t do many pre-matches but I didn’t know if it was different for OOS students who aren’t in the match
Last year they did OOS offers on Match Day as well. I know it's a long time to wait, especially if you interviewed months ago.

Last year they did OOS offers on Match Day as well. I know it's a long time to wait, especially if you interviewed months ago.
Gotcha thank you!! Yes I interviewed september 10th and the wait is painful 😂

Is anyone scheduled to interview on a date after mid-November? It feels like this thread has been eerily quiet recently so I'm wondering if Long has sent out IIs yet for their post-Thanksgiving interview dates

Is anyone scheduled to interview on a date after mid-November? It feels like this thread has been eerily quiet recently so I'm wondering if Long has sent out IIs yet for their post-Thanksgiving interview dates
There are some I know of for early to mid December

I just got a prematch offer 🎉🎉(interviewed 08/13). A pleasant surprise, I was under the impression Long didn't give acceptances before Match Day.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Prematch earlier today!! Interviewed in August

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to the prematches. We’d love to have ya!

Got the A today just a bit ago! (OOS) Interviewed 9/10

• Love
Not feeling super solid about my chances of getting in this cycle for TMDSAS. Never completed Long's video secondary and I'm wondering if I should just complete it this cycle? Does anyone have thoughts on whether or not this may be a waste of time this late in the cycle?

Not feeling super solid about my chances of getting in this cycle for TMDSAS. Never completed Long's video secondary and I'm wondering if I should just complete it this cycle? Does anyone have thoughts on whether or not this may be a waste of time this late in the cycle?
I think the video/SOWVI is for those who've received an interview invite.

I think the video/SOWVI is for those who've received an interview invite.
I believe in the verbiage of the email they described the SOWVI/ one-way interview as their secondary? Is that incorrect?

I believe in the verbiage of the email they described the SOWVI/ one-way interview as their secondary? Is that incorrect?
It’s just recommended for people who’ve received an interview, I don’t think they look at it if they haven’t interviewed you

IS II this morning 😭 interview dates available for mid-Dec. Primary transmitted first wk of Aug!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Anyone know how common it is for Long to give out scholarships, how much they typically are, and when they are awarded?

Anyone know how common it is for Long to give out scholarships, how much they typically are, and when they are awarded?
i participated in the cycle buddies program and the MS1 i talked to told me Long matched a scholarship offer from another school & one of their friends has a full tuition scholarship there.
other MS1s i know there say you won't get your financial aid package until closer to April - earliest would probably be match day.
i'm not sure how much of the scholarship stuff is based off of stats alone tho, they have a scholarship application that opens in April.

Last edited:
UTHSCSA- Long SOM. Looking for input from current students.

Got accepted this cycle and am hoping to get some insight into how y’all are fairing, and some up to date pros/cons since most of the posts are pretty old.

So far, all of my correspondences with current students have been informative but I want to open up space here for people to air out grievances that otherwise wouldn’t come up in an email from someone that volunteered to sell me on the school.

I am also specifically curious what y’all think of the f/p/hp/h scale at long. Is it annoying, why? Does it breed unnecessary competition?

Anyways I’d love to hear what has made or frustrated your time there as I make my decision in the coming months.

Does anyone know based on previous years when UTSA typically sends out the second round of prematch offers? And how many prematch offers they give versus acceptances on match day?

Does anyone know based on previous years when UTSA typically sends out the second round of prematch offers? And how many prematch offers they give versus acceptances on match day?
Last year Long gave out fewer than 10 prematch offers. I've seen that many on SDN alone this year. They will give the majority of offers on Match Day.

UTHSCSA- Long SOM. Looking for input from current students.

Got accepted this cycle and am hoping to get some insight into how y’all are fairing, and some up to date pros/cons since most of the posts are pretty old.

So far, all of my correspondences with current students have been informative but I want to open up space here for people to air out grievances that otherwise wouldn’t come up in an email from someone that volunteered to sell me on the school.

I am also specifically curious what y’all think of the f/p/hp/h scale at long. Is it annoying, why? Does it breed unnecessary competition?

Anyways I’d love to hear what has made or frustrated your time there as I make my decision in the coming months.
Current ms3, I do not have any grievances about coming here. the biggest example being how they handled our class specifically in regards to COVID People will complain but the qualms seemed entirely minor to me. We essentially had to shift from in person to online med school over a single weekend and the school pulled it off with some minor bumps in the road. It’s back to normal now (I think? Don’t really see preclinical students too much anymore).

Besides that the school has been a pretty good experience overall. It’s medical school your life is gonna suck at some points but you’re not going to escape that at any school you go to. I’m probably different than others that have grievances, and it’s fair to listen to that side as well. Ms3 has been significantly better for me than the first two years but that’s mostly a combination of simply being burned out of studying and taking tests and repeating that cycle through undergrad for the last several years along with online medical school for an entire year.

As far has the grading system, people try to do their best. It’s medical school. The people here are here for a reason and it’s not because they’re lazy and unmotivated. I have never experienced anything unpleasant in terms of hostility. Most everyone will try to help you however that can, even people you don’t know too well. People break off into their groups over time but again, same for every other school. It didn’t really affect me whatsoever but I’m not aiming to do Plastics or Neurosurgery here so that will be a factor.

I think Ive made a good number of lifelong friends here and everyone I talk to is friendly. Idk I’m sounding like a shill or not but that’s my side. I’ll also add that this experience will likely not differ regardless of what school you go to in the state. They’re all pretty good. You’re not gonna come here and feel like your floating on clouds and eating rainbows every day but other than that it’s all good. I’m also a pretty hard person to manage to piss off so that’s also a factor lol

Reactions: 4 users
Current ms3, I do not have any grievances about coming here. the biggest example being how they handled our class specifically in regards to COVID People will complain but the qualms seemed entirely minor to me. We essentially had to shift from in person to online med school over a single weekend and the school pulled it off with some minor bumps in the road. It’s back to normal now (I think? Don’t really see preclinical students too much anymore).

Besides that the school has been a pretty good experience overall. It’s medical school your life is gonna suck at some points but you’re not going to escape that at any school you go to. I’m probably different than others that have grievances, and it’s fair to listen to that side as well. Ms3 has been significantly better for me than the first two years but that’s mostly a combination of simply being burned out of studying and taking tests and repeating that cycle through undergrad for the last several years along with online medical school for an entire year.

As far has the grading system, people try to do their best. It’s medical school. The people here are here for a reason and it’s not because they’re lazy and unmotivated. I have never experienced anything unpleasant in terms of hostility. Most everyone will try to help you however that can, even people you don’t know too well. People break off into their groups over time but again, same for every other school. It didn’t really affect me whatsoever but I’m not aiming to do Plastics or Neurosurgery here so that will be a factor.

I think Ive made a good number of lifelong friends here and everyone I talk to is friendly. Idk I’m sounding like a shill or not but that’s my side. I’ll also add that this experience will likely not differ regardless of what school you go to in the state. They’re all pretty good. You’re not gonna come here and feel like your floating on clouds and eating rainbows every day but other than that it’s all good. I’m also a pretty hard person to manage to piss off so that’s also a factor lol
Thank you for such a full response! I am really happy to hear that your experience is so in line with what I have heard from others who are at Long. The shift to online was difficult in my undergrad classes And I definitely got burned out, I can only imagine being in y’all’s shoes.

The collaborative environment has probably been the biggest selling point for me and that‘s why I wanted to get the perspective of others on it. I was part of a similar learning “culture” in undergrad and it made the experience so much more bearable and fulfilling.

II invite today! Submitted TMDSAS in very late May/very early June. I was really not expecting to hear anything from this school after this long, and I had kind of already reconciled with that LOL. Dates were for first half of January! :)

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
II invite today! Submitted TMDSAS in very late May/very early June. I was really not expecting to hear anything from this school after this long, and I had kind of already reconciled with that LOL. Dates were for first half of January! :)
Do you mind sharing stats pls?

II just now! Complete in mid June

Has anyone been accepted without completing the SOWVI?

II invite today! Complete in mid-June. Dates were for mid-late January.

II INVITE TODAY!!!! I'm so happy. My gf goes here. Would be a literal dream come true to attend.

Reactions: 6 users
Does Long accept post-interview updates, or are they only allowed in letters of intent?

There's a housing thread here on SDN: Housing Board (Temporary and Long-term)
and I think you might have better luck getting on the accepted student Facebook page and asking some upperclassmen. There may even be people moving out as they graduate that can recommend their place.
Thanks! Anyone else have a link to the class of 2026 page? I’m not seeing one