2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't hear back the first decision day, so its not likely I will hear back right? Just wanna know if I should stress about it or not lol

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't hear back the first decision day, so its not likely I will hear back right? Just wanna know if I should stress about it or not lol
I don't think it's impossible but I have heard that your chances of getting accepted go down if you don't get an A after your first acceptance day so your chance of not hearing might be high

I don't think it's impossible but I have heard that your chances of getting accepted go down if you don't get an A after your first acceptance day so your chance of not hearing might be high
kk thx!

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't remember from the interview last week if our portal is suppose to update this evening with rejection/hold for a decision on an A...l know the committee was suppose to meet on our applications today...or is it tomorrow we should expect the portal update?

And the if we get a hold for acceptence tonight or tomorrow, then on Thursday we will know if we are accepted or continue to be on hold.

Do l have that right?

Reactions: 1 user
I can't remember from the interview last week if our portal is suppose to update this evening with rejection/hold for a decision on an A...l know the committee was suppose to meet on our applications today...or is it tomorrow we should expect the portal update?

And the if we get a hold for acceptence tonight or tomorrow, then on Thursday we will know if we are accepted or continue to be on hold.

Do l have that right?
Someone please answer this!!

Do l have that right?
Think most weeks by now you should get a hold for acceptance (most people get this) but since this week is the decision release date on Thursday you might not get anything

Think most weeks by now you should get a hold for acceptance (most people get this) but since this week is the decision release date on Thursday you might not get anything
Thanks for the response! Makes sense...so l guess l will adjust my expectations to hearing something on Thursday.

To be honest, I think that everybody gets put on hold because I couldn’t find a single post II R in like 5 years of threads
Nah they happen for sure- people just don’t really post about it. But yes a lot of people Wya more than will be accepted get put on hold for A

It's a miracle! I'm finally on subcommittee after 4 months of being complete lmao

• Haha
Been a month since I got this message for my status:
Your File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates.

Any ideas if they are still sending out interview invites soon and/or if this is a hold for now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Biiiig day tomorrow. Wishing everyone who is expecting to hear back all the best! 💪🏼

Reactions: 6 users
Let the tabs madness resume

• Haha
Ok WAIT I interviewed last week and just got a “hold” on Tuesday night, which I thought meant I wasn’t accepted in the December cohort and they just told me a few days before the 16th… but what I’m hearing is I might actually get in tomorrow? Because they don’t release anything until the 16th? Like, still low odds, but possible! Please tell me if I am understanding this

Ok WAIT I interviewed last week and just got a “hold” on Tuesday night, which I thought meant I wasn’t accepted in the December cohort and they just told me a few days before the 16th… but what I’m hearing is I might actually get in tomorrow? Because they don’t release anything until the 16th? Like, still low odds, but possible! Please tell me if I am understanding this
yes, you might hear tomorrow :) . Since you got the hold on Tuesday, that means they reviewed your file this past Monday, and so I think it's fair game for you to hear back tomorrow! All the best!

• Love
Hey guys, I just went back and read this thread for the october release date to figure out the timing for today. It seems like somewhere between 3-4:30pm, if you see extra tabs appear that say things like "transcripts" and this means you are accepted. There isn't consensus on if they all come at the same time- some people said they did, but then during the october release one person got tabs at 3:45pm and then another group of people got tabs at like 4:30 or something.

Then, at around 6:05 there will be an official acceptance email sent out. Last release date, it seems like they had IT problems and the email didn't go out until 6pm at the following day but I assume they would have fixed that by now.

Currently my portal says "The Admissions Committee has met to discuss your file. Your application is being placed on hold for possible acceptance at a later date." Which I think is the "Hold for acceptance" thing everyone was mentioning above. So my fingers are crossed, good luck to everyone! :love: we got this!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
I have an “official transcripts” section, a “VCU information” section and an “In-state eligibility” section added to the main page of my portal… are these the famous “tabs”? Hoping this is good news lol

Reactions: 5 users
I have an “official transcripts” section, a “VCU information” section and an “In-state eligibility” section added to the main page of my portal… are these the famous “tabs”? Hoping this is good news lol
I have them too, fingers crossed!

Yup that’s it! You’re in!

• Love
Nothing here so far. Congratulations to all those who got tabs

• Care
I also have a tab and several people have said this means we’re in!! Congrats!! 🎉

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
There’s gotta be a better way, VCU … tabs system causing tilt for no reason

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Did people getting tabs (congrats btw), interview before or after October 15?

no tabs here - let the sadness begin :cryi::cryi::cryi:

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
When you say you have a tab, do you mean the same official transcript etc. section? Or an actual tab on the left hand side?
The same official transcript section, and then a section with “VCU information” with space for an email and banner ID (although it’s not yet filled in)

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to all the A's so far! I have a question, hopefully someone can answer.
I interviewed a few weeks ago - thought it went well. Portal is still on "Your interview is now complete! The committee will now do a review of your application."

Got a notification on Monday about a status change, but it wasn't reflected in the portal. Just wondering if I can expect any communication later today?

No tabs on my end. Also received my second Post-II Waitlist shortly after checking. Not sure what the consensus is on not receiving tabs at the same time as everyone else, but if nothing shows up by the end of the day that'll be my third post-II WL lol... This process can really take a toll.

Congratulations to everyone who's received an A and I'm wishing you the best of luck in medical school 🙏

• Care
No tabs on my end. Also received my second Post-II Waitlist shortly after checking. Not sure what the consensus is on not receiving tabs at the same time as everyone else, but if nothing shows up by the end of the day that'll be my third post-II WL lol... This process can really take a toll.

Congratulations to everyone who's received an A and I'm wishing you the best of luck in medical school 🙏
I think that you would still be eligible for an acceptance on Feb and Mar days, so keep the faith.

Reactions: 1 users

Is there any consensus on whether tabs all come at the same time or in batches? It's tough to tell from posts on previous decision dates.

Is there any consensus on whether tabs all come at the same time or in batches? It's tough to tell from posts on previous decision dates.
I feel like from what I've read through in past years threads, they all come at once. There might be some rare occurrences though, because I definitely saw a few people say they never got tabs but got the A email

I think that you would still be eligible for an acceptance on Feb and Mar days, so keep the faith.
Yep for sure. The wait is just excruciating as I'm sure we can all agree. Hopefully things change for the better soon!

Yep for sure. The wait is just excruciating as I'm sure we can all agree. Hopefully things change for the better soon!
And here I am just waiting for some kind of update on my portal... I can feel some of us letting out a collective sigh right now

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone gotten any new tabs in the last 1 1/2 hours?
I just got tabs!!!...I checked my page when people first started mentioning having tabs, and I didn't have anything...and my heart sank a bit, but then I didn't give up all hope because I remembered some people on Oct 16th reported getting tabs later than some of the first people. I was driving home, so didn't chek again until just about 15 minutes ago when I got home and I had tabs this time!!! I can't believe it!! This is my first MD acceptance if the tabs mean what everyone says!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
Who else keeps refreshing the portal in hopes that the tabs will magically appear? :rofl:

• Care
Reactions: 7 users