2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
IS WL movement after the 1st big wave is pretty unlikely because IS people won't let go of state school easily.
Not true, is movement will continue until mid June just like OOS just slower.

Hey, let's say I'm PTE for another school but still on the waitilist for VCU. Since it's a purely ranked waitlist, VCU will just keep moving down the ranks and maybe get to me right? Me being PTE will have no bearing? I've heard that some schools are less likely to offer a waitlist acceptance for an applicant if they see they are already PTE for another school.

Also, since my current acceptance has a CTE date of middle of July, I'll have to take myself off the waitlist for VCU then and lose any hope of getting in at the last minute :( and also lose any hope of being the last person accepted to get that scholarship
I think that scholarship is only given to those who weren’t accepted elsewhere. Not sure though

that's probably true, but it was a bit tongue and cheek. I'm just bummed that I'd be removing myself from the waitlist running by two weeks shorter than it could have been.
I hear you. Honestly though chances by then are probably near 0 anyways lol

Hey, let's say I'm PTE for another school but still on the waitilist for VCU. Since it's a purely ranked waitlist, VCU will just keep moving down the ranks and maybe get to me right? Me being PTE will have no bearing? I've heard that some schools are less likely to offer a waitlist acceptance for an applicant if they see they are already PTE for another school.

Also, since my current acceptance has a CTE date of middle of July, I'll have to take myself off the waitlist for VCU then and lose any hope of getting in at the last minute :( and also lose any hope of being the last person accepted to get that scholarship
The PTE thing is a myth.... med school want to to take the best applicants for their class !!

Middle of July most of it should be done by then anyway.

I wonder if all seats are done. I’m on the waitlist but haven’t been hearing about much movement. When’s the typical date that it usually trickles?

I got an A off the WL last week, waiting for fin. aid, if she’s no gooder than my current offer, 1 more A will come to the WL fam. I imagine I’m not the only one in this position whether it be VCU or other schools. WL movement will continue be sure of it

Reactions: 5 users
I think I found out a way you can check ur waitlist rank. If u try to log into the SOM portal on ur iPhone safari browser. It should say something like “MEDAPP applicant: 134.” I wonder if this works for anyone else, lmk down below!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I found out a way you can check ur waitlist rank. If u try to log into the SOM portal on ur iPhone safari browser. It should say something like “MEDAPP applicant: 134.” I wonder if this works for anyone else, lmk down below!!
Yeah mine gives me weird numbers too but I kinda doubt that it’s waitlist rank lol

Do you mean the source error message followed by a bunch of code?

Mine says 130. No idea if that’s accurate or not but if it is then lol it’s over for me
Yeah mine’s 129 probably pretty unlikely 3 people are within 5 spots. I highly doubt it’s the rank; if they had let that happen too that would be a fat L for VCU admissions lmao

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah mine’s 129 probably pretty unlikely 3 people are within 5 spots. I highly doubt it’s the rank; if they had let that happen too that would be a fat L for VCU admissions lmao
lol this is not how things work,,, but I checked anyway and mine is also 129 so you can be sure it isn't real

I am also 129 XD

Lol freaked me out early in the morning... 129 seems too brutal for a class size of 180s

I think 129 is referring to a line number in the code that is causing an error for the website to load on mobile.

Reactions: 1 users
I think I have tabs...... But when I went on to AMCAS there's no choose your medical school tab yet.... what does it mean? I'm confused.

In a crazy turn of events, I got into my top choice and will be relinquishing my (IS) A here! Good luck to all still waiting, I know it's hard and the waitlist game isn't fun. Stay committed and take the time to appreciate those around you that continue to support you through this arduous journey.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I think I just got tabs. transcript/tuition info is on home page now and my alternate list sidebar tab disappeared. When did yall get the official email?

OOS

(also for posterity, seems like 6pm after you see tabs is when you get the official email)

how long after getting acceptance email, we will get our VCU eID and able to see our financial aid?

Can’t believe it. Got off the waitlist today!!! Email at 6:07 EST. Interviewed 09/3

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just withdrew OOS A from WL. GL! :)

Reactions: 3 users
How long does it take for them to respond w/ financial aid package?