2021-2022 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It better not be
Would really like it not to be. Idk how much longer I can sit with this existential dread 😂

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Are we expecting anything today? Tired of this wait. haha

Reactions: 1 user
Usually the committee starts calling in mid afternoon/evening... maybe they just started?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call

From my dentist. My permanent crown for my left incisor is ready. It’ll cost $537.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
At least there's a space in CSS where you can list med/dental work not covered by insurance(?)
I am not fancy enough to need CSS profile. Don’t need to file financial aid with my MD/PhD options, my MD only options don’t use CSS. I’ll just claim it on next year’s tax returns….the last valuable tax return for the next 8 years. Goodbye early spring wasteful spending…I’ll surely miss you well.

Edit: I am just trying to be entertaining for the WashU thread to distract from the impending WL/R wave next friday

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
There once was a hopeful premed,
Who exclaimed "It's all got to my head!"
Wait and wait for a call,
But there's nothing at all,
Wish they'd sent us an email instead.

Sending a virtual hug to those who are also still waiting 🤗

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Anyone else hear about merit scholarship notifications yet?

I am felt like the whole med educational school system admission process is very subjective and varies, depending on the point of view 🤷. It mainly doesn't say all about your ability, skills. I know the guy who was used paid services like https://studyhippo.com/essay-examples/breast-cancer/ while studying and had to write breast cancer essays. So, let's think more about how we are trying to be medics and learn how to care for others. Keep that in mind, and dont forget while studying.

I very much hope so:(

Last edited:
Are we all ready for the WLs and Rs tomorrow??? 🙃🙃🙃

Members don't see this ad :)
all I wanted to do was go to med school with dreamr. so I'm moving to Texas methinks
Lollll frrrr it’s okay I still have hope in the WL movement 💪💪💪😅

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Ahh I still haven’t gotten any news :/ it looks like they aren’t sending them all out at once

• Care
Ahh I still haven’t gotten any news :/ it looks like they aren’t sending them all out at once
Hope that means you're at least on the WL! Getting that R email was a real bummer, but I feel lucky to have a medical school acceptance at all

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Is the waitlist at WashU ranked?
Very few are officially "ranked" nowadays, since that has a very special meaning (the school has no flexibility in deviating from the rank order).

That said, of course everyone is scored, both pre and post II, so there is always an order to the list, whether or not it is disclosed to candidates. The order is the real question, and then, what determines deviations from it (LOIs, updates, needed demographics, stats, etc.).

Some schools disclose (high priority, upper, middle or lower third, whatever). Most don't, but, rest assured, although it might seem like it to us, the determination regarding who gets an A is not random. Same with who gets called off a WL.

• Love
When is this dropping y’all? I am actually in central time right now and feel like this R/WL is going to be broadcast to me live

Imagine if WashU handed out Rs and WLs today and said “SIKE YOURE ALL ACCEPTED! HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!”

• Haha
this is neurotic of me, but the first WL reports from last year started at 4:47 pm April 1st, CST

• Love
I think all Rs would have gone out at the same time, so it's likely the WL will come this afternoon. I feel like I only got waitlisted in the afternoon/evening at other schools lol. Instead of making you feel bad all day they want to h a u n t y o u r d r e a m s

I was promised a rejection today and I want a rejection today. Where are you, cowards? COME DOWN FROM YOUR IVORY ARCHWAY AND FACE ME!!!!

• Haha
IT FINALLY HAPPENED! I GOT WAITLISTED!!!

• Care
Waitlisted. Email received at 6:50 PM (EST). Interviewed in early Feb. Really, really sucks, but I'm not surprised since I didn't get the call when the As went out. Hey, what's another couple months of crippling anxiety and waiting after all this time?

• Care
WL - it seems like WashU put a ton of people on the WL every year, so hard to be hopeful, but still grateful it's not an outright rejection. Regardless though, good luck everyone!!

oof also caught that WL. Does anyone know any stats on how many people are accepted from it? Or how many people are on it?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users