2021-2022 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed 8/26. I got the acceptance call this past Wednesday morning.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I just got an email saying they were missing a physician letter. I misunderstood thinking they waived the requirement for a physician letter this cycle. Unfortunately, I was unable to attain a physician letter due to the circumstances going on in this world.. There goes the primary and secondary fee…
weird, it says right there that they don't need a DO letter? I don't have one either and I got an II, paid the secondary fee too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the II, first of the cycle. secondary submitted 17-Aug

Reactions: 1 user
I was in person :) did you receive an email notification yet? Or just the phone call?
Just the phone call, they said they would be sending an acceptance letter in the mail within the next two days of the phone call I think!

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary submitted today.

for those of you who have had interviews about how long was the wait between secondary and II?

Secondary submitted today.

for those of you who have had interviews about how long was the wait between secondary and II?
It can range from a day to months depending on your competitiveness and date submitted.

Interviewed 9/02 and missed the call half an hr ago. Called back immediately and got an acceptance! First one of the cycle - i cant believe it happened :O

Reactions: 5 users
II received today. Scheduled for October 4

Submitted secondary 9/7

Accepted 9/8. Secondary submitted 7/13, II 7/30, Interviewed 9/2. Congratulations on your acceptances. I have a question. On the phone call, they said they will send an email with all the information regarding next steps including deposit links, etc. I do know that next steps information can be found on their website. Did you guys get the official accepted email? Thanks!
Edit: I received the official email yesterday, 9/10, with instructions and the deposit link.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just finished an interview there today- am I the only one who got asked super generic questions? It kind of felt like they didn't even look at my application lol.

Ex:

Tell me about yourself

Why this school/why medicine

Where do you see yourself in 15 years?

Tell me about this red flag on your transcript.

How do you study?

Why should we pick you?

Do you have any questions for us?

-None of these questions mentioned things that were on my primary application with the exception of the red flag question, when I've got some pretty insane extra curriculars. IDK if I should be worried at this point...

Just finished an interview there today- am I the only one who got asked super generic questions? It kind of felt like they didn't even look at my application lol.

Ex:

Tell me about yourself

Why this school/why medicine

Where do you see yourself in 15 years?

Tell me about this red flag on your transcript.

How do you study?

Why should we pick you?

Do you have any questions for us?

-None of these questions mentioned things that were on my primary application with the exception of the red flag question, when I've got some pretty insane extra curriculars. IDK if I should be worried at this point...

I've interviewed at six schools and I would say this is how my interviews at half of them went lol. Been accepted at the three that have sent out decisions so far. It's really not something to stress about, some schools just vet you thoroughly pre-II so they know they want you at the interview as long as you don't mess anything up majorly

Is there anyone that submitted on or near July 20 that has received an II or still waiting to hear back?

I did in person! They are so nice! It was a very laid-back interview, and it just feels like a flowing conversation. The campus is beautiful too. If you have the opportunity I would do an in-person interview!
Awesome, I chose in person as well. Was it a one-on-one interview?

Sent before that and nothing :(
i sent in around a month ago and nothing if I dont hear back in 2 weeks then I will call, but hey at least we didnt get a rejection email. I saw earlier in the thread people did say they did specifically get one so at least there is that...

First II invite today. It really is a waiting game y'all. Stay strong and give yourself time and space to relax.

Reactions: 2 users
That first A as a reapplicant hits different... Just got the call. Beyond excited

Reactions: 15 users
Got my first med school acceptance today! Interviewed 9/10. This feels unreal.

Reactions: 8 users
im in the same boat as you i submitted mine around this time last august it hast been 6 weeks yet so there is still hope lol. Finally after 6 weeks a few schools got back to me regarding submitting secondaries
@whirlingdervish

OOS - interviewed on 9/17. We were told we will hear back in a week about their decision

Accepted today too! OOS and interviewed on 9/16.

accepted today! OOS and interviewed on 9/17!

Hello everyone! I recently interviewed at WVSOM and just wanted to give everyone who is flying into lewisburg a heads up: be prepared to walk to the interview. If you get a hotel, its about a mile and theres no shuttle that takes you there. Not a bad walk but I wish I had known that (womens shoes suck). Also bring your covid vaccine card, a lot of us didn't know we had to bring ours and they take it and scan it. Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users