2021-2022 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Placed on the alternate list and accepted alternate status

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wait so what was your email like then?
On behalf of Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Pomona campus, I would like to inform you of your selection as one of the alternates for the DO Class of 2026. Please be assured that we are very much interested in the possibility of your matriculation. We hope that you share the same enthusiasm for our program and will keep us informed of your interest.

Not sure if being on the alternate list or waitlist is “better”!

Members don't see this ad :)
On behalf of Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Pomona campus, I would like to inform you of your selection as one of the alternates for the DO Class of 2026. Please be assured that we are very much interested in the possibility of yomatriculation. We hope that you share the same enthusiasm for our program and will keep us informed of your interest.

Not sure if being on the alternate list or waitlist is “bette
Thank you.
On behalf of Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Pomona campus, I would like to inform you of your selection as one of the alternates for the DO Class of 2026. Please be assured that we are very much interested in the possibility of your matriculation. We hope that you share the same enthusiasm for our program and will keep us informed of your interest.

Not sure if being on the alternate list or waitlist is “better”!
Thank you. And this was mine btw:

On behalf of Western University of Health Sciences’ College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (COMP) - Pomona campus, I am very pleased to inform you that the Admissions Committee is interested in having you join the class of DO2026 and has placed you on the waitlist with a limited number of other highly qualified candidates. Although we were impressed with your application, we are unable to offer you a place in the class at this time because the applicants who were offered an acceptance prior to your interview have since confirmed their intent to attend COMP; the class is currently filled. Waitlisted candidates will be contacted first should a place become available in the class.

I think this has been addressed in the past but for those in this thread wondering, this is the difference.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you.

Thank you. And this was mine btw:

On behalf of Western University of Health Sciences’ College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (COMP) - Pomona campus, I am very pleased to inform you that the Admissions Committee is interested in having you join the class of DO2026 and has placed you on the waitlist with a limited number of other highly qualified candidates. Although we were impressed with your application, we are unable to offer you a place in the class at this time because the applicants who were offered an acceptance prior to your interview have since confirmed their intent to attend COMP; the class is currently filled. Waitlisted candidates will be contacted first should a place become available in the class.

I think this has been addressed in the past but for those in this thread wondering, this is the difference.

My interview was 02/24 with the MMI being 02/25, and I was extended an offer of alternate status 03/11 that I then accepted. Exact same wording as your email/message above. When I asked Admissions about writing them a LOI, they told me to submit any updates/documents to the "Upload Materials" section of the application status page.

I submitted my LOI around 03/22-ish and was offered an acceptance on 03/29. No phone call, but was sent an email notifying me of an update on my application status page.

My interview was 02/24 with the MMI being 02/25, and I was extended an offer of alternate status 03/11 that I then accepted. Exact same wording as your email/message above. When I asked Admissions about writing them a LOI, they told me to submit any updates/documents to the "Upload Materials" section of the application status page.

I submitted my LOI around 03/22-ish and was offered an acceptance on 03/29. No phone call, but was sent an email notifying me of an update on my application status page.
Doing that now and hoping for your luck. Currently on 3 WLs, with two interview decisions pending. Applied late.

just got off the waitlist today! will be attending since its my first choice

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
thank you so much!! i interviewed on 2/24 and 2/25, was waitlisted on 3/11. there's hope for sure!
I got waitlisted on the same date! Glad to hear they are starting to use the waitlist! Hopefully I hear back soon !

Members don't see this ad :)
I was placed on the alternate list on 4/12. Does anyone know when waitlist/alternate list movement might start?

I was placed on the alternate list on 4/12. Does anyone know when waitlist/alternate list movement might start?
They pull them off the alt list periodically. I was placed on the alt list and two days later got off the alt list (interviewed late March).

Reactions: 1 users
They pull them off the alt list periodically. I was placed on the alt list and two days later got off the alt list (interviewed late March).
Congrats!! So they pull from alt list before they pull from waitlist?

I uploaded an LOI into the portal and it showed that it was added before, but it doesn't indicate that it's there on the status page anymore. For anyone who uploaded an LOI are you able to see your file uploaded on your status page or does it just disappear?

I uploaded an LOI into the portal and it showed that it was added before, but it doesn't indicate that it's there on the status page anymore. For anyone who uploaded an LOI are you able to see your file uploaded on your status page or does it just disappear?
Same thing for me it disappeared after 4-5 days

Withdrawing my A here, good luck to everyone!

(Interviewed late March, was placed on the AL and taken off two days after that two weeks ago)

Withdrawing my A here, good luck to everyone!

(Interviewed late March, was placed on the AL and taken off two days after that two weeks ago)
Good luck with wherever you're headed! Wondering if you wrote a post-interview letter of interest before getting off the waitlist? And if so, where did you send it?

Good luck with wherever you're headed! Wondering if you wrote a post-interview letter of interest before getting off the waitlist? And if so, where did you send it?
Nope! I've been burned by waitlists in previous cycles (plural) so might be abnormally apathetic when placed on them.

I would just email it to their admissions team if the portal doesn't accept it.

Nope! I've been burned by waitlists in previous cycles (plural) so might be abnormally apathetic when placed on them.

I would just email it to their admissions team if the portal doesn't accept it.
Haha that's completely fair. I'm holding so many WL right now I really have no idea how to juggle them. Thanks for the advice, and again best of luck!

Just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to those waiting!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I just got accepted off the waitlist! :)

Hi all, I was on the waitlist too - and interviewed in March. Email to check portal. Haven't totally decided if I'll accept yet, but it's a great school so very tempting. Good luck to everyone, hoping for tons more movement

Are they accepting from the waitlist or alternates?

Does anyone have the link to the accepted groupme?

Has there been any movement this week? Does anyone recommend calling the office to ask for rank?

Accepted off the Alternate list, I am forgoing this acceptance though and I hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
What's the difference between alternate and WL in terms of getting offered a spot? Also are we allowed to ask our rank, I wasn't sure if that's something they can tell us

What's the difference between alternate and WL in terms of getting offered a spot? Also are we allowed to ask our rank, I wasn't sure if that's something they can tell us
I believe waitlist has priority. and they don’t disclose rank.