2021-2022 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If they havent changed the interview format, it's acting out a scenario, you dont really need to know current/general ethical issues, you just gotta be a decent human being

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
in the exact same boat as you, I was marked complete a very long time ago and others I know got secondaries within days. I wonder what their screen-out criteria may have been? Institutional actions? Lower than 125 in one MCAT section? OOS? I'm not sure.
i got into westernu with a 124 in cars, dont think DO schools screen out students based off mcat score/subscore

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all!

Do they send an interview invite via email? I just randomly checked my portal today to see that I got an II, but fear that I might of missed an earlier II opportunity. Just curious how everyone else was notified. Thanks!

P.S. Don't be like me and check your student portals periodically!!! Haha

Hi all!

Do they send an interview invite via email? I just randomly checked my portal today to see that I got an II, but fear that I might of missed an earlier II opportunity. Just curious how everyone else was notified. Thanks!

P.S. Don't be like me and check your student portals periodically!!! Haha
Where does it show on the portal? Maybe I don’t have it that’s why it’s not obvious to me haha congrats though!

The student social is tonight and I registered but haven’t received a link. Did this happen to anyone else?

I would call admissions… you should have received the link three days before the event.
Is this social open to all applicants or only for admitted applicants? I haven't heard anything about it before.

to call or not to call admissions for secondary? verified in July..o_O

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted on 8/11 but on the portal it still says that once all the docs are complete, we will forward your app to admissions. should I contact them? I have everything marked as received but I've never received a complete email

I'm wondering if someone who attended the student session last night can provide some highlights? I wasn't able to attend due to registration limitations and I think that was the only opportunity to speak with med students. For those about to interview, I had mine this morning and, in my opinion, it was very laid back. Looking forward to the MMI tomorrow!

in the exact same boat as you, I was marked complete a very long time ago and others I know got secondaries within days. I wonder what their screen-out criteria may have been? Institutional actions? Lower than 125 in one MCAT section? OOS? I'm not sure.
I have a lower than 125 in one section and received a secondary within a few days so I do not think that is it. I would try reaching out to them because it shows interest in the school.

Hey Everyone! Good luck this cycle, I am a second year student at COMP, feel free to reach out with any questions!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if you can be a part of more than one longitudinal track?
Longitudinal tracks are introduced in August, applications are opened in September (you can only apply to one) and activities start in October. Which tracks are you interested in?

Do you think they are still going to send out secondaries?

II received just now (4PM PST)! Submitted and complete on 8/9

Stats: OOS (New York), 510 mcat, 3.99 GPA.
Secondary complete: 7/22
Interview: 9/14

Received a phone call from the doctor who interviewed me. No updates on portal so far and no email either.
Congrats!! Did you get a phone call or portal update email? Has your app portal been updated? I haven’t heard anything yet so I’m hoping there’s still a chance to still get an A...

Reactions: 1 users
Stats: OOS (New York), 510 mcat, 3.99 GPA.
Secondary complete: 7/22
Interview: 9/14

Received a phone call from the doctor who interviewed me. No updates on portal so far and no email either.
That GPA! :oops:

I think you've got several more acceptances on the way lol.

I'm bummed I haven't received a secondary yet although I received one for COMP-NW. Should I hang tight or email admissions?

such a weird feeling when you are still waiting for an II bc of august complete date and people are getting As! Hopefully i will get to join y'all LOL

Reactions: 3 users
I was hoping I wouldn't have to ask this, but I don't know if it's a problem that needs to be fixed or I should just chill:

When I go into my 'edit interview' link, my passport style photo and my government issued ID photos are suddenly not uploaded. Like you know how after you upload it tells you which file you uploaded? I see that and then I click "submit." Then I go back to the 'edit interview' link and it's gone. Tried this like 2-3 times.

1. Is anybody else having this issue?
2. Should I reach out to the admissions team about it?

I was hoping I wouldn't have to ask this, but I don't know if it's a problem that needs to be fixed or I should just chill:

When I go into my 'edit interview' link, my passport style photo and my government issued ID photos are suddenly not uploaded. Like you know how after you upload it tells you which file you uploaded? I see that and then I click "submit." Then I go back to the 'edit interview' link and it's gone. Tried this like 2-3 times.

1. Is anybody else having this issue?
2. Should I reach out to the admissions team about it?
I'd email them about it.

Yup considering, thank you. have you scheduled an interview with this school? part of me is holding onto this being normal/I'm not seeing something i should have noticed on the screen.
No, I haven't received an invite yet unfortunately :/

No, but I think most of us were interviewed on Western’s first interview day.
Yep I remember them saying we are the first interview group when I had mine. They also respond within two weeks after the interview so I wouldn't stress it since they probably haven't had too many interview rounds yet.

Yep I remember them saying we are the first interview group when I had mine. They also respond within two weeks after the interview so I wouldn't stress it since they probably haven't had too many interview rounds yet.
When was your interview?

Just got Accepted! Got a email at 6 pm telling me I have an update on my portal. This school is a 30 min drive for me, I am so thankful. My stats are 3.73/511, ORM and I was complete 7/28.

• Care
Hey all, does anyone know if Western gives any merit scholarships or financial aid? Just wondering since I heard most med schools only do loans