2021-2022 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Many congrats @psychaspiring as someone not applying till next cycle I hope to be as amazing as you this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Many congrats @psychaspiring as someone not applying till next cycle I hope to be as amazing as you this cycle!
Thanks a lot man! I know there are some others with acceptances at WCUCOM already as well, but the thing is WCUCOM let’s us know our decision early, unlike other schools. Which I commend them for!

Thanks a lot man! I know there are some others with acceptances at WCUCOM already as well, but the thing is WCUCOM let’s us know our decision early, unlike other schools. Which I commend them for!
Do you know their screening criteria by any chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know their screening criteria by any chance?
typically it is mcat > 504, and they say competitive gpa is around 3.5 or higher, and mission fit. Primary care interest/underserved area volunteering. Those things. The stats are probably less required but mission fit for sure. Also they like applicants from southern states, but they will accept from anywhere

Last edited:
typically it is mcat > 504, and they say competitive gpa is around 3.5 or higher, and mission fit. Primary care interest/underserved area volunteering. Those things. The stats are probably less required but mission fit for sure. Also they like applicants from southern states, but they will accept from anywhere
Congratulations, that is so exciting and must be nice to have a calmer rest of the year! I sent in my secondary in early July but haven’t heard anything :/

I assume they’re still sending secondaries out to other applicants, so I wonder how they distinguish who to invite from their already select group of secondaries.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations, that is so exciting and must be nice to have a calmer rest of the year! I sent in my secondary in early July but haven’t heard anything :/

I assume they’re still sending secondaries out to other applicants, so I wonder how they distinguish who to invite from their already select group of secondaries.
dw, it’s still really early in the cycle. I got the II ~ 3 weeks after I was complete

Last edited:
The last part is huge. My MCAT met their screening criteria but my GPA did not but my entire personal statement was about the last part so I matched their mission well. I still received a secondary and im not from a southern state. If you feel like your mission and what you want to do matches to this school its worth applying to.

The last part is huge. My MCAT met their screening criteria but my GPA did not but my entire personal statement was about the last part so I matched their mission well. I still received a secondary and im not from a southern state. If you feel like your mission and what you want to do matches to this school its worth applying to.
It is worth applying -- you don't have to pay for Secondary :)

Does this school do silent Rs, does anyone know? Complete 7/9 so wondering. Definitely not stressing -- it is very early in the cycle and I know some schools stratify apps different way -- just pure curiosity!

Does this school do silent Rs, does anyone know? Complete 7/9 so wondering. Definitely not stressing -- it is very early in the cycle and I know some schools stratify apps different way -- just pure curiosity!
same! I was completed 7/8 and didn't hear anything back

They sent me interview ~ 3 weeks after being complete, so maybe they just haven’t gotten to your app yet. but not sure about silent R’s

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!! 508 MCAT, 3.55 gpa. Complete 6/25, II 7/18, II attended 7/23, Acceptance 7/28

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Don’t worry, if you got the secondary, I’m positive you will get an interview!
can i ask how you formed this perspective? having had my secondary in and complete 7/23 I’m obviously hoping you’re 100% right 😂😂 but just curious if anyone has insinuated that in your interview or around the school!!

can i ask how you formed this perspective? having had my secondary in and complete 7/23 I’m obviously hoping you’re 100% right 😂😂 but just curious if anyone has insinuated that in your interview or around the school!!

I think part of it may be how heavily they screen for secondaries in the first place

It took 3 weeks for my interview and @Thatonedude986 as well! Just remain patient 😴

does WCU require casper? i didn't submit it, and got a complete email, but I read on another website that they do require casper... but couldn't find anything about it on the WCU website!
In their pdf they sent when sending the secondary, it says casper is required

In their pdf they sent when sending the secondary, it says casper is required
wow definitely missed that. thanks so much for that!! i'm 💫2nd quartile💫 so i was like do i send now or wait till later... lol but will send now! thanks again!

wow definitely missed that. thanks so much for that!! i'm 💫2nd quartile💫 so i was like do i send now or wait till later... lol but will send now! thanks again!
I was as well lol. So i don’t think they don’t care about casper much

Submitted secondary 7/27. Here’s to hoping!

For those of you waiting on a secondary, I just called and was told that I got screened out because my MCAT is not 505~507! You all should try calling to ask, and they'll specify! I was verified 7/1, so I had been waiting for a month fyi.

For those of you waiting on a secondary, I just called and was told that I got screened out because my MCAT is not 505~507! You all should try calling to ask, and they'll specify! I was verified 7/1, so I had been waiting for a month fyi.

Definitely a new requirement this year I think. Very interesting. Will be curious to see how this affects their process filling the class

did they mention if there is a GPA screen?

Dang the competition is rough and increasing

• Haha
Their average MCAT in recent cycles has been ~501 so I’m kinda shocked they would suddenly jump to 505 as a tentative minimum this year. Did adcoms mention anything to you in your interview about this?
I could be wrong but the average mcat was around 503-504 when I started 4 years ago.

Their average MCAT in recent cycles has been ~501 so I’m kinda shocked they would suddenly jump to 505 as a tentative minimum this year. Did adcoms mention anything to you in your interview about this?
In their admissions criteria it says generally a 505 or greater is required to receive a secondary

Congrats to everybody! I'm really concerned cus I submitted 7/8 OOS with high stats but still nothing :confused:

Congrats to everybody! I'm really concerned cus I submitted 7/8 OOS with high stats but still nothing :confused:

I was complete just a few days before you. I bet they'll get to you soon! It seems to be a trend that they offer IIs after you've been complete for around 3 weeks and then some

• Care