2021-2022 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh yea I am interviewing in a few days. MCAT was a 503... Did I read they only send secondary apps to a 504 or 505+? Cause that is not the case for me although I am URM.
I got a secondary with 503 (128/126/124/125)... ORM

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey all! Have they offered interview invites or acceptances to people without casper tests?

Congratulations to the accepted applicants! Please share how you found out of your acceptance? Phone call? Email? Portal? You called them (and if so, did they tell you directly?)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have applied to 15ish DO schools already is it too late to sent my primary to Carey with a lower MCAT and high GPA?

I have applied to 15ish DO schools already is it too late to sent my primary to Carey with a lower MCAT and high GPA?
U miss the chances you don’t take my man

• Haha
Congratulations to the accepted applicants! Please share how you found out of your acceptance? Phone call? Email? Portal? You called them (and if so, did they tell you directly?)
Just call Dr. Weirs Office- They can't disclose officially but will let you know "indirectly" :) hope you get the A

just got a II around 6pm EST! so excited!!! complete 7/21 for reference!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
@FutureDoctor5000 could you provide some general info on the culture of the school, personality/helpfulness of professors, school/life balance, etc? also how you feel the supposed (don't know if this is real, but seen it in some forums) mandatory attendance policy fares for you and most students?

II today! OOS, 2.85 ugrad GPA, 3.74 grad GPA, 517, ORM, complete 7/7.

@FutureDoctor5000 could you provide some general info on the culture of the school, personality/helpfulness of professors, school/life balance, etc? also how you feel the supposed (don't know if this is real, but seen it in some forums) mandatory attendance policy fares for you and most students?
Sure, I will try to be unbiased. The culture is fine, the professor and dean do go out of their way to help students, there is some minimial red tape that’s present at most medical schools. The school really does seem to be trying to increase research and other resources for students. The professors are helpful and willing to help. The attendance policy hasn’t been a thing since covid hit and even pre covid it was really only a hand full of classes and labs that even cared about attendance, I never actually attended a microbio or pathology lecture my second year for example… I have heard that classes are p/f as well.

xD just had my interview and the faculty are so nice and welcoming. Kind of crazy to hear from them that I can find out about “how the interview went” next week

xD just had my interview and the faculty are so nice and welcoming. Kind of crazy to hear from them that I can find out about “how the interview went” next week
do you mind sharing questions they asked / vibe? was it more conversional or ask/answer?

Wow that is cool! Not too many disclose and I think if they said it to you, Congratulations are in order!

Members don't see this ad :)
do you mind sharing questions they asked / vibe? was it more conversional or ask/answer?
The vibe was nice they were cracking jokes half of the time with me to show me there was no need to be stressed or anxious. I would say ask/answer but very laid back and general questions just like the introductory packet said. Nothing out of the park, I was expecting some personal questions because the slides said that was possible. So just know your application and your motives for med school and ur good. Cant give out specific questions tho other than there was one ethical question.

II Thursday! Completed 9/14. bottom quartile casper (just cant type fast enough). 3.30sGPA and 3.28cGPA (did one year postbacc and upward trend). 508 with 123 CARS. I was losing hope for this cycle. BUT super excited!!! Just want to give everyone positive hope!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II Thursday! Completed 9/14. bottom quartile casper (just cant type fast enough). 3.30sGPA and 3.28cGPA (did one year postbacc and upward trend). 508 with 123 CARS. I was losing hope for this cycle. BUT super excited!!! Just want to give everyone positive hope!!

Look at you, I love the excitement!!! :) Good luck & you’re going to kill it!

Anyone been complete before or since first week of August and not heard anything? Now I'm worrying -- others complete after me have received II's

Anyone been complete before or since first week of August and not heard anything? Now I'm worrying -- others complete after me have received II's
i was complete 7/21 and just got a II this past friday. there were a few people in this thread that were complete after me that got II's several weeks before me. also, there were people getting II's all the way through the end of June in last years thread. i think they've also said they are growing their class size from last year so hopefully more spots available this year than last! don't loose hope!

i was complete 7/21 and just got a II this past friday. there were a few people in this thread that were complete after me that got II's several weeks before me. also, there were people getting II's all the way through the end of June in last years thread. i think they've also said they are growing their class size from last year so hopefully more spots available this year than last! don't loose hope!
Yup. I second this. I was complete early July and just got a II last Thursday. Just wait a little bit, and hopefully, you will hear good news soon.

Who else is pumped for their acceptance email that (should) be emailed tomorrow??😳

Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone get a decision email yet today? I was called this morning cause I left a voicemail yesterday. I was working but in the voicemail they left they said I would probably get an email this morning and I don’t see anything

Did anyone get a decision email yet today? I was called this morning cause I left a voicemail yesterday. I was working but in the voicemail they left they said I would probably get an email this morning and I don’t see anything
I didn’t get the email yet

I still don’t have any email either :(

Is the turnaround time after an interview for a decision still about a week or is it quicker if you interview after Oct. 1? Does anyone know from previous years?
As per earlier comments, you call and find out within 3-4 days.

Me toooo! Still waiting

Just got the A email!! 😭 Hope to see you all next year!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just received the acceptance email!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just received the acceptance email! So excited 🤩

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the A also, congrats to everyone!

• Love
Congratulations to everyone accepted! Is there an accepted student Facebook or Telegram or SDN group? If not, who wants to volunteer and create one, so that those accepted and future accepted students could join?

Congratulations to everyone accepted! Is there an accepted student Facebook or Telegram or SDN group? If not, who wants to volunteer and create one, so that those accepted and future accepted students could join?
I think those groups are more likely to form once the cycle is coming to an end and people are certain about where they’re headed

Guys, just wanna share something happened with me today.
After getting the A email, I shared it with the rest of my family. Everyone congratulated me except my aunt and her husband. They just asked me a question: “Is it DO?” and started talking bad about DO doctors. It made me very upset 😢 I know the stigma is still there. I’m just tired of explaining it for them

• Care
After getting the A email, I shared it with the rest of my family. Everyone congratulated me except my aunt and her husband. They just asked me a question: “Is it DO?” and started talking bad about DO doctors. It made me very upset 😢 I know the stigma is still there. I’m just tired of explaining it for them
Ignore them. That’s all

Ignore them. That’s all
They are ignorant people. DOs will actually learn more because a lot of times they want to do an M.D. residency and they have to take both tests, plus they have 200+ hours of manipulative coursework that MDs dont do.

After getting the A email, I shared it with the rest of my family. Everyone congratulated me except my aunt and her husband. They just asked me a question: “Is it DO?” and started talking bad about DO doctors. It made me very upset 😢 I know the stigma is still there. I’m just tired of explaining it for t
I think those groups are more likely to form once the cycle is coming to an end and people are certain about where they’re headed
Never too early to start one

1st Acceptance! Received email on 10/1 around 11:40 am during another interview lol As a non-trad applying in my second cycle , this feels good.

Been a long time lurker. Thanks for all the updates and info on these message boards.

I have an interview at Carey next week and I am freaking out to be honest, I do not know how I could prepare in such a short time frame. How long did you all prepare and how did you prepare? I have been reading Dr. Grays interview guide, my AACOMAS application, and Goros interview guides, what else can I use?
For all of you that are accepted, I wanted to ask if your answers to interview questions are structured in the sequence of story, reflection, application to medicine. Also how long were your answers? what are the pros and cons of attending this school? Any response is appreciated.

I have an interview at Carey next week and I am freaking out to be honest, I do not know how I could prepare in such a short time frame. How long did you all prepare and how did you prepare? I have been reading Dr. Grays interview guide, my AACOMAS application, and Goros interview guides, what else can I use?
For all of you that are accepted, I wanted to ask if your answers to interview questions are structured in the sequence of story, reflection, application to medicine. Also how long were your answers? what are the pros and cons of attending this school? Any response is appreciated.
The interview was pretty chill they make sure to try to make you comfortable. It was a question and answer format and pretty basic stuff. Qualities that you think a physician should have, and they asked me one ethical question. I wouldn't sweat it just be yourself. If you search further back in this chat I think other people have given tips

My best advice is to read the questions on interview feedback on SDN, I just practiced those

Honestly, a week is plenty of time for an interview. Try not to freak out! Number one rule: Be Yourself! They obviously want you if you've gotten this far so just show your personality. They're not looking for a "correct" answer. Just be able to answer questions in a conversational manner. Try and incorporate experiences into your answers when possible. Also, be able to articulate why you want to go here. That goes for any school.

And yes, practice some questions on the interview feedback. Recording yourself helps. Ditch the whole formula idea. Just remember main points you want to highlight in the "tell me about yourself" and "why DO" answers. You got this!

Honestly, a week is plenty of time for an interview. Try not to freak out! Number one rule: Be Yourself! They obviously want you if you've gotten this far so just show your personality. They're not looking for a "correct" answer. Just be able to answer questions in a conversational manner. Try and incorporate experiences into your answers when possible. Also, be able to articulate why you want to go here. That goes for any school.

And yes, practice some questions on the interview feedback. Recording yourself helps. Ditch the whole formula idea. Just remember main points you want to highlight in the "tell me about yourself" and "why DO" answers. You got this!
My best advice is to read the questions on interview feedback on SDN, I just practiced those
The interview was pretty chill they make sure to try to make you comfortable. It was a question and answer format and pretty basic stuff. Qualities that you think a physician should have, and they asked me one ethical question. I wouldn't sweat it just be yourself. If you search further back in this chat I think other people have given tips
Thank you so much for your advices. I really needed those and I really appreciate it :)

How did you all answered your ethical questions? I had an interview today and I gave my ultimate decision and why I will do so along with acknowledging the values of the other side. Know that I think about it, my answers were too brief that it may not have shown thoughtfulness. I also did not incorporate my persona experiences. How did you all approached your answers? Did you also incorporate stories in all of your responses?

How did you all answered your ethical questions? I had an interview today and I gave my ultimate decision and why I will do so along with acknowledging the values of the other side. Know that I think about it, my answers were too brief that it may not have shown thoughtfulness. I also did not incorporate my persona experiences. How did you all approached your answers? Did you also incorporate stories in all of your responses?
Answered the question like I would for CASPER, first make sure party feels safe confiding with me in a judgement free area if the situation calls for it, acknowledge all sides, and at the end of the day make sure the patient’s safety is considered first while also upholding your own beliefs.