2021-2022 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @cellsrule00 for sharing this year's questions. As you can see many of them may be yes/no questions answered on the portal, but you could look at the ones needing essays and pre-write those before logging in :)

2021-2022 Wright State (Boonshoft) Secondary questions:
1. If you have earned a medically related certificate/license, please select one of the following. Chose “other” for certificates/licenses not listed and explain this selection on the question that follows. Chose “none of the above” if you have not earned a medically related certificate(s)/license(s).

2. If you earned a medically related certificate/license, how many hours have you worked in that role since earning your certificate/license? If not, please enter N/A. (100 Characters)

3. Did you have a financial need in college that required you to take out educational loans?

4. Did you or your family overcome a significant economic hardship?

5. If there has been a significant economic hardship, please explain the circumstances. If none, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

6. If you had paid employment during the summers after matriculating (entering) college, how many summers did you work?

7. Which of the following best describes the summer you worked the most hours?

8. If you had paid employment during the academic year after matriculating (entering) college, how many academic years of college did you work?

9. Which of the following best describes the academic year you worked the most hours?

10. Were you raised in a single-parent household?

11. Are either of your parents a graduate of Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine?

12. If your parents are graduates of Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, please list their name(s) and graduation year(s). Enter N/A if your parents are not Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine Alumni. (100 Characters)

13. Are any of your relatives Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine alumni, current students, faculty or staff.

14. If you have relatives that are Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine alumni, current students, faculty or staff, please list their name(s). Enter N/A if you do not have relatives that are Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine alumni, current students, faculty or staff. (100 Characters)

15. Is this your first medical school application cycle?

16. Have you applied to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine in a previous cycle?

17. If you have applied to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine in a previous cycle, please indicate the year(s) of your previous application(s). Enter N/A if this is your first application to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine. (100 Characters)

18. Has there been/will there be a gap between achieving your bachelor’s degree and expected matriculation into medical school?

19. If there has been or will be a gap in your education, please describe how you have/will use this time. If not, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

20. Would you describe yourself as a non-traditional candidate for medical school?

21. If you consider yourself a non-traditional candidate, please explain. If not, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

22. Briefly describe any extenuating circumstances which you believe are pertinent to your application (i.e. Poor grades, withdrawn courses, life events). If none, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

23. If you have attended any allopathic or osteopathic medical school, as a candidate for an M.D. or D.O., please list the name of the school and explain the reason for separation. Enter N/A if you have not attended any allopathic or osteopathic medical school as a candidate for an M.D. or D.O. (500 Characters)

24. Do you have a connection to any of the following? Please select all that are applicable

25. If you indicated that you have connections to Ohio, Wright State University or Boonshoft School of Medicine, please explain. If none, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

26. Briefly describe any effect the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) has had on your application (i.e. delayed MCAT, withdrawn courses, online coursework, pass/fail grading, etc.). If none, please enter N/A. (
500 Characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Dead Silence GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I checked last cycle's thread and the first secondary post was made on 7/28 and the first RD II was posted on 9/14 so I guess we'll see

Reactions: 2 users
I'm Early Decision and haven't gotten anything either.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm Early Decision and haven't gotten anything either.
I mean I guess I don't really mind..... my primary hasn't even been verified yet :rofl: :cryi:
Edit: verified today

Last edited:
  • Haha
Still waiting on a secondary... fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to have it submitted within the hour if anyone wants to wait (I prepped with last year's secondaries, am a reapp)

Reactions: 3 users
The prompts are the following:

If you have earned a medically related certificate/license, please select one of the following. Chose “other” for certificates/licenses not listed and explain this selection on the question that follows. Chose “none of the above” if you have not earned a medically related certificate(s)/license(s).

If you earned a medically related certificate/license, how many hours have you worked in that role since earning your certificate/license? If not, please enter N/A. (100 Characters)

Did you have a financial need in college that required you to take out educational loans?

Did you or your family overcome a significant economic hardship?

If there has been a significant economic hardship, please explain the circumstances. If none, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

If you had paid employment during the summers after matriculating (entering) college, how many summers did you work?

Which of the following best describes the summer you worked the most hours?

If you had paid employment during the academic year after matriculating (entering) college, how many academic years of college did you work?

Which of the following best describes the academic year you worked the most hours?

Were you raised in a single-parent household?

Are either of your parents a graduate of Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine?

If your parents are graduates of Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, please list their name(s) and graduation year(s). Enter N/A if your parents are not Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine Alumni. (100 Characters)

Are any of your relatives Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine alumni, current students, faculty or staff.

If you have relatives that are Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine alumni, current students, faculty or staff, please list their name(s). Enter N/A if you do not have relatives that are Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine alumni, current students, faculty or staff. (100 Characters)

Is this your first medical school application cycle?

Have you applied to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine in a previous cycle?

If you have applied to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine in a previous cycle, please indicate the year(s) of your previous application(s). Enter N/A if this is your first application to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine. (100 Characters)

Has there been/will there be a gap between achieving your bachelor’s degree and expected matriculation into medical school?

If there has been or will be a gap in your education, please describe how you have/will use this time. If not, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

Would you describe yourself as a non-traditional candidate for medical school?

If you consider yourself a non-traditional candidate, please explain. If not, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

Briefly describe any extenuating circumstances which you believe are pertinent to your application (i.e. Poor grades, withdrawn courses, life events). If none, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

If you have attended any allopathic or osteopathic medical school, as a candidate for an M.D. or D.O., please list the name of the school and explain the reason for separation. Enter N/A if you have not attended any allopathic or osteopathic medical school as a candidate for an M.D. or D.O. (500 Characters)

Do you have a connection to any of the following? Please select all that are applicable

If you indicated that you have connections to Ohio, Wright State University or Boonshoft School of Medicine, please explain. If none, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

Briefly describe any effect the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) has had on your application (i.e. delayed MCAT, withdrawn courses, online coursework, pass/fail grading, etc.). If none, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

Reactions: 8 users
I literally received 10 emails from them right now lol with my secondary information.

Does this mean they really want me hhaha

• Haha
I literally received 10 emails from them right now lol with my secondary information.

10 emails for a secondary invite??? I only got one lol. Just submitted it, and no email confirmation or receipt.

• Haha
The prompts are the following:
Assign competencies (must be done in 1 sitting, by Dec)- basically you assign a competency to each experience you've listed on your app
Service orientation, leadership, research experience, teaching or tutoring, cultural competence, clinical experience
Took me like 10 mins

It seems like we cant see the prompt until we start the secondary, and it has to be completed in one sitting
True that it must be completed in one session, but you are still allowed to open it and look at the questions. They are just saying that you can't save your responses, close it, re-open, and continue.

For the question about explaining your connections, if your connection to Ohio is simply that you are an Ohio resident with no other ties to the school, is it worth writing anything?

For the question about explaining your connections, if your connection to Ohio is simply that you are an Ohio resident with no other ties to the school, is it worth writing anything?
Better that than none, I would say

Best of luck guys! This is my second cycle, but first time applying to here.

• Care
When you get another secondary invite after submitting your secondary payment
Suspicious Season 9 GIF by The Office

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

I got emails inviting me to complete their secondary after I submitted their secondary

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
They saw us complaining about not getting secondaries and decided to be like HERE HAVE ALL OF THEM
EDIT: I'm dead I just got another one :rofl:
EDIT: And another one...... and another one....... and another email that looks different from the rest, and more official.
oprah GIF

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Here's to hoping Wright State sends us II's with the same fiery enthusiasm

I Hope Please GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I didn’t even apply to Wright state and I got 5 secondary emails

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
what if you have a friend that goes to boonshoft; that count as a connection?
Idk man I'm just an applicant :( But I'd say that's not really significant...
I also know a few peeps there, but felt that'd it'd be a pitiful attempt at establishing a connection

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to have it submitted within the hour if anyone wants to wait (I prepped with last year's secondaries, am a reapp)
Do you need to receive the separate emails they refer to with instructions before gaining access to the prereqs and competency activities. Their instructions are not clear. I have not received any separate email for those. Thanks and congrats for getting your submission in. Best of luck :)

Do you need to receive the separate emails they refer to with instructions before gaining access to the prereqs and competency activities. Their instructions are not clear. I have not received any separate email for those. Thanks and congrats for getting your submission in. Best of luck :)
Ayyyy late night secondary gang! Nah, if you got one email, just access their portal through the link. You'll find everything in one place with instructions. Best of luck 2u2!

secondary submitted. Anyone else not receive any type of email confirmation after submitting?

Hi all. When assigning prereqs do we only assign the minimum required or add all courses that meet the prereq? Example, I have 8 biology courses with labs so do I had all 8 or only the 2 that meet the six credit requirement? Also does it need to a course that has an associated lab or any combination of lecture/lab classes? Thanks

Hi all. When assigning prereqs do we only assign the minimum required or add all courses that meet the prereq? Example, I have 8 biology courses with labs so do I had all 8 or only the 2 that meet the six credit requirement? Also does it need to a course that has an associated lab or any combination of lecture/lab classes? Thanks
I only did the minimum. I think they just want to see that you have those prerequisites. If they wanted more they would look at your transcript

I only did the minimum. I think they just want to see that you have those prerequisites. If they wanted more they would look at your transcript
I did all of them because I saw this in the directions: "Please match any classes that fulfill the prerequisites below." But like you said they can just look at your transcript. I don't think it matters too much what you do

secondary submitted. Anyone else not receive any type of email confirmation after submitting?
I didn’t get anything. Not even a payment confirmation 🤷🏻‍♀️
I received a secondary 2 days after I was verified, submitted my secondary the same day I received it, and got a "we have received your secondary application and competencies activities" email 2 days post-submission.

EDIT: Thought I'd add this:

1627221445005.png

As someone who just got back from a very late work call, I would like to commend the poor soul at Wright State who just marked my secondary as complete at 3:47 AM

Reactions: 4 users
I also got my secondary confirmed early this morning (3:43 AM) lol. Submitted 7/24

As someone who just got back from a very late work call, I would like to commend the poor soul at Wright State who just marked my secondary as complete at 3:47 AM
3:43 AM here, thats man he's really putting in the work