2022-2023 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Secondary Questions:
Have you applied to KCOM previously?YesNo

Please list any relatives that are osteopathic physicians:

Please list any relatives that are allopathic physicians:

What particular qualities do you feel you can bring to KCOM? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

What specific experience/exposure have you had with osteopathic medicine? How has this influenced your decision to become an osteopathic physician? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

Please list any changes or updates to your AACOMAS application. This section may be left blank if your AACOMAS application is complete and accurate:

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

What particular qualities do you feel you can bring to KCOM? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

What specific experience/exposure have you had with osteopathic medicine? How has this influenced your decision to become an osteopathic physician? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

Please list any changes or updates to your AACOMAS application. This section may be left blank if your AACOMAS application is complete and accurate:

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I also received my secondary and have a question about the recommendation letters section. It's saying they require both a committee letter and a physician letter as two separate entries. I submitted a physician letter to my committee and the physician letter is included in full within that already submitted committee letter. Does this mean I need to ask that physician to submit the letter separately to AACOMAS and have it duplicated? Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Same... mine is also in the committee letter and it doesn't seem to give a space to explain... ugh.

For the part where it asks for relatives that are allopathic physicians, should I include those that are physicians in different countries?

@PapaGuava

Should we list the hours for our clinical activities that we submitted AACOMAS with or the hours we have at the current moment when we submit the secondary? I have accumulated hours since submission of my app back in early May

Should we list the hours for our clinical activities that we submitted AACOMAS with or the hours we have at the current moment when we submit the secondary? I have accumulated hours since submission of my app back in early May
I'm just leaving it as is, since I put on my AACOMAS application that these are current activities still...not sure though

They want our letters of rec to have our AACOMAS ID...I was not aware that we were supposed to do that. Am I supposed to reach out and have all my letter writers fix it?

I'm just leaving it as is, since I put on my AACOMAS application that these are current activities still...not sure though
Good point. I will probably put the hours that I have in AACOMAS since I marked the activities as current. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we actually supposed to list our ACT/SAT scores on the secondary? That was like 10 years ago for me I have no idea how I would get that info!

Reactions: 1 users
Are we actually supposed to list our ACT/SAT scores on the secondary? That was like 10 years ago for me I have no idea how I would get that info!
You can mark the not applicable box at the bottom and give a reason (can't find it, don't know my score, etc).

I submitted my letters of recommendation through my college Health Professions Office to aacom. Under the recommendations tab for

Evaluation I from an official premedical advisory committee
what i have to fill for first name and last name. Health Professions Office has no first name and last name right?

I submitted my letters of recommendation through my college Health Professions Office to aacom. Under the recommendations tab for

Evaluation I from an official premedical advisory committee
what i have to fill for first name and last name. Health Professions Office has no first name and last name right?
Personally, my university told us to title the health packet as being from our director of the prehealth office- you should check if your university has a similar policy.

Did you all use the same descriptions for clinical experiences as AACOMAS or changed it a little?

Did you all use the same descriptions for clinical experiences as AACOMAS or changed it a little?
It almost looks like the boxes don't have maximum word counts, so I might use the sort of beefed-up versions from AMCAS, but I'm still not too sure what they're looking for whether they want the same thing or something different.

It almost looks like the boxes don't have maximum word counts, so I might use the sort of beefed-up versions from AMCAS, but I'm still not too sure what they're looking for whether they want the same thing or something different.
Thats exactly what I did. I even included my most meaningful experience story for them.

In previous year threads, someone contacted admissions office and they said you can copy and paste from AACOMAS.

They want our letters of rec to have our AACOMAS ID...I was not aware that we were supposed to do that. Am I supposed to reach out and have all my letter writers fix it?
I reached out to them and asked if I needed my writer's to resubmit with my AACOMAS ID or the letters without the ID would be fine. They is what they replied back with.

"It is fine......we will get them matched to your application if they come separately from your AACOMAS application."

Hope this helps with your question.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been marked complete yet?
I just got an email about an hour ago from Kirksville, but not yet from Arizona.

"We are happy to inform you that your application for admission to A.T. Still University-Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine is now complete. Your admissions file is ready for review and you will be notified when a decision has been made regarding your application. "

Going to be an M1 at the school this year. Feel free to shoot me any questions you guys have regarding the school. Good luck with the cycle!

When it is marked complete for "Application Completed," does it have a checkmark next under the status column AND a date under completed the notes column for y'all? Mine just has a checkmark, but no date stating when it was completed.

When it is marked complete for "Application Completed," does it have a checkmark next under the status column AND a date under completed the notes column for y'all? Mine just has a checkmark, but no date stating when it was completed.

Got email. Have check and date on all the boxes except application complete only has check no date.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys quick q! Do you just have to submit a secondary to one location and it asks you to pick a preference? Or you have to submit to both locations and tailor your secondaries to each

Hey guys quick q! Do you just have to submit a secondary to one location and it asks you to pick a preference? Or you have to submit to both locations and tailor your secondaries to each
ATSU-KCOM and ATSU-SOMA are separate applications.

II received! complete 7/18
um does anyone know if this is in person or virtual? it says stuff about lodging so idk

yeah, I guess I assumed that all med school interviews were virtual. guess I gotta come up with accommodations of getting there sigh
From previous threads it looks like uber is pretty available so you may not need to rent a car if that helps.
Personally I would like to attend at least one of my places in person. Could not afford all of them though.

Good luck to those who got IIs.
Any OOS students who get II? IF so, Please share your stats MCAT/GPA.