2022-2023 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get their acceptance box yet? Does it only come after you pay the deposit?

I’ve paid my deposit but have not received a box so I don’t think so. I guess no one has received it yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
ACOM secondary submitted 12.06.22
Under Review 12.07.22
II 12.08.22

Reactions: 1 user
How long after interview does it typically take to find out about decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
For my waitlisted peeps, where would you submit a letter of intent? to a specific person or just to the admissions email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Do we get it if we’re accepted or only after we pay a deposit?

I think accepted in general, a friend got it last year before the deposit deadline and then chose a different school. They could be doing it differently this year since no one has received it yet, but I am not 100% sure on that.

Does anyone know if people who interview this week will get decisions next week or after the holidays?

II received today 12/15/22
Complete email received yesterday 12/14/22

Anyone else receive the ACOM Christmas wishes and think they were being moved off the waitlist for a second 😅🥹

Anyone else receive the ACOM Christmas wishes and think they were being moved off the waitlist for a second 😅🥹
no Christmas email :-( and now im wondering why do they hate me :( all I want for Christmas is an A from this school

Can we receive a decision if we have already interviewed before have not attend the information sessions. Do both parts need to be completed before they can send an interview decision.

anyone receive anything today? they told us during my interview on friday that decisions would be out by today bc they go on winter break and i’ve gotten nothing.

anyone receive anything today? they told us during my interview on friday that decisions would be out by today bc they go on winter break and i’ve gotten nothing.
Nope. I've been checking my email every 5 minutes all day. I woke up several times last night in anticipation of the email today. Guess we gotta wait until next year unless someone sends it out of the office late tonight. Now I gotta train myself out of stree checking my email.

I got the "accepted pending how many people pay their deposits on January 8th" email last night (interviewed on Friday)

I got the "accepted pending how many people pay their deposits on January 8th" email last night (interviewed on Friday)
I wonder if they just have some poor person sending them out after campus closes then. Or if it's rolling out somewhat automated in batches. I'll check periodically through today especially if more people respond to this thread, but after that I'm gonna try to resist checking much until the new year starts.

Could be, somebody got an "accepted if not enough students paid their deposits" email so it's likely

What happened? I had not heard about this
Don't worry, they're just kidding! I guess the latest interviewers must not be on SDN-- we've had interviews on 1/6, 1/13, and we have another group interviewing tomorrow, 1/20. Good luck to everyone waiting on invites or decisions! Feel free to reach out any time with questions. :)

I just wanna get off the waitlist 🥲 May/June might be it based on last year's threads

Did anyone get a "priority waitlist" email? I got one yesterday and am not sure if that's different than the waitlist that everyone else is talking about on this thread lol

Did anyone get a "priority waitlist" email? I got one yesterday and am not sure if that's different than the waitlist that everyone else is talking about on this thread lol
can you share the direct wording in the email?

Reactions: 2 users
Ooof yeah I definitely didn’t get an email about being on a priority waitlist…

Got off the waitlist yesterday!!! YAYYYY
Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 6 users