2022-2023 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just finishing my second year here. There are always going to be things to iron out with a new program, but being able to help do that has been awesome. They really seem to care about us being very successful so we can have a huge impact in the area. We will technically be the first CHSU students to start clinical rotations, but we had 3rd and 4th years from AT Still and Kansas come and run thru our clinical years instead of theirs and seems pretty solid.

Reactions: 3 users
If I have no connections to the Central Valley, is it okay to leave the question blank?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If I have no connections to the Central Valley, is it okay to leave the question blank?
I had no connections to the Central Valley, I did get an interview from them altho I was WL in the end. The likelihood of A increases with having ties to central cali!

Central Valley resident here, applying this cycle :) Good luck to all

Received a confirmation my app was received today, does not include secondary yet.

Current med student at a different DO program, but CHSU is in my hometown. If you have any questions about the area and Central California feel free to reach out to me. I wouldn't be the best person to ask specific questions regarding the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have connections to central valley but i’m OOS anyone receive a secondary yet ?

I'm just finishing my second year here. There are always going to be things to iron out with a new program, but being able to help do that has been awesome. They really seem to care about us being very successful so we can have a huge impact in the area. We will technically be the first CHSU students to start clinical rotations, but we had 3rd and 4th years from AT Still and Kansas come and run thru our clinical years instead of theirs and seems pretty solid.
Can I PM you with some specific questions?

Same. No secondary yet. IS and in central valley as well.
Submitted 6/16; E-mail confirm from CHSU 6/21. (Although I just realized my MCAT scores may not have been received by AACOMA yet.)
They seem to be doing a holistic review of all apps! hang in there :)

How long did y'all make your answer for the connection to the central valley question? did y'all use the full 2000 characters?

How long did y'all make your answer for the connection to the central valley question? did y'all use the full 2000 characters?
no. just use as many as you need to get your point across. i think it is a pretty straight forward question so they are prob not looking for a lot of fluff

Pretty close, but it's my hometown so I felt like I had a lot of points that I wanted to discuss. Still no secondary though.

For folks who have submitted their secondary, does it still say that your letters of rec are under review? My letters have been in for A LONG time so it seems bizarre that its not complete?

Getting a little nervous secondaries seem to be going out and still haven’t received one :/

Called admissions today to check if my application was complete. They were missing a few things that they had, but weren't attached to my fille. Hopefully it is now able to move forward. Anyone else heard anything from them? Seems odd to only have two people get secondaries.

Called admissions today to check if my application was complete. They were missing a few things that they had, but weren't attached to my fille. Hopefully it is now able to move forward. Anyone else heard anything from them? Seems odd to only have two people get secondaries.
They still say my letters of rec are "under review" I guess they're taking their time?

So I was on Reddit and I saw they are still
Trying to fill this incoming class. I think they are occupied with that and it could be a reason we are not hearing from them yet

So I was on Reddit and I saw they are still
Trying to fill this incoming class. I think they are occupied with that and it could be a reason we are not hearing from them yet
what reddit threads are you seeing this on?

Wow that explains so much. So they’ve basically halted this cycle to fill the incoming class. Makes sense.

For folks who have submitted their secondary, does it still say that your letters of rec are under review? My letters have been in for A LONG time so it seems bizarre that its not complete?
same! :((

I can't find any information about how CHSU uses casper or if it's even a requirement. Can anyone direct me to a link??

is anyone else having issues with fee waiver?

For those of you that have received secondaries, when was your primary app verified?

anybody else get that email from casper that CHSU is removed from distribution list

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users