2022-2023 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get the welcome portal that asks for your AACOMAS id but doesn't seem to work?
Yeah I got that too. Have you contacted them to ask what's up?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have a screenshot/know where to find that weekly class schedule they showed during the info session portion of interview day?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a screenshot/know where to find that weekly class schedule they showed during the info session portion of interview day?
I am a current first year, I can tell you that most classes are in person.

Usual schedule will look this:
- Monday: Clinical class lecture from 8-9 AM, TBL from 9 AM to noon, and then anatomy (ILS) from like 1-3 PM or 3 PM to 5 PM, depending on your group.

- Tuesday: DSA (you attend to this from home -> 8-10 AM) , OPP lecture from 11 AM to 12 PM and lab either from 1-3 or 3-5, depending on group.

- Wed: TBL from 8 to 11 AM, then a clinical class either from 1-3 PM or 3 PM to 5 PM and anatomy (ILS) either from 1-3 PM or 3 PM to 5 PM, depending on your group.

- Thursday: DSA from 8-11 AM (again you do this from home), Med Spanish for 2 hours and another class for another 2 hours. Day ends around 5 PM.

- Friday: TBL (8 AM to 11 AM), CIS (board style practice Qs sesh for 2 hours from 1-3 PM).

This schedule changes on exam days, basically additional TBL is scheduled on Thursday mornings with the rest of the classes, so you have the Friday morning off until your exam at 1 PM.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I am a current first year, I can tell you that most classes are in person.

Usual schedule will look this:
- Monday: Clinical class lecture from 8-9 AM, TBL from 9 AM to noon, and then anatomy (ILS) from like 1-3 PM or 3 PM to 5 PM, depending on your group.

- Tuesday: DSA (you attend to this from home -> 8-11 AM) , OPP lecture from 11 AM to 12 PM and lab either from 1-3 or 3-5, depending on group.

- Wed: TBL from 8 to 11 AM, then a clinical class either from 1-3 PM or 3 PM to 5 PM and anatomy (ILS) either from 1-3 PM or 3 PM to 5 PM, depending on your group.

- Thursday: DSA from 8-11 AM (again you do this from home), Med Spanish for 2 hours and another class for another 2 hours. Day ends around 5 PM.

- Friday: TBL (8 AM to 11 AM), CIS (board style practice Qs sesh for 2 hours from 1-3 PM).

This schedule changes on exam days, basically additional TBL is scheduled on Thursday mornings with the rest of the classes, so you have the Friday morning off until your exam at 1 PM.
Did you find any difficulty adjusting back to what on the surface looks like a high school class schedule (mandatory class basically 8-3 with an hour for lunch)? I think one of my biggest worries is maintaining this kind of schedule for two years. Is that something that you feel is a legitimate concern, or do you feel it's structured well in terms of your learning the material?

Did you find any difficulty adjusting back to what on the surface looks like a high school class schedule (mandatory class basically 8-3 with an hour for lunch)? I think one of my biggest worries is maintaining this kind of schedule for two years. Is that something that you feel is a legitimate concern, or do you feel it's structured well in terms of your learning the material?
I mean we tend to skip after taking quizzes in the morning for the TBLs, but not so for ILS (you definitely can skip ILS, but yeah it is like a high school situation where you have to check in and check out into each class like ILS, TDP, and OPP). I personally don't like this schedule because I like to study on my own, however, it's beneficial for those who learn in a group studying.

I definitely skip classes around exam times to manage my time well for those weeks tbh, and it has been helpful overall.

I mean we tend to skip after taking quizzes in the morning for the TBLs, but not so for ILS (you definitely can skip ILS, but yeah it is like a high school situation where you have to check in and check out into each class like ILS, TDP, and OPP). I personally don't like this schedule because I like to study on my own, however, it's beneficial for those who learn in a group studying.

I definitely skip classes around exam times to manage my time well for those weeks tbh, and it has been helpful overall.
For sure. I was under the impression that attendance is mandatory, but it sounds like sometimes it's mandatory, and sometimes it's "mandatory."

Reactions: 1 user
For sure. I was under the impression that attendance is mandatory, but it sounds like sometimes it's mandatory, and sometimes it's "mandatory."
Exactly, altho I am not sure if they might change it for the next first year students, I doubt it lol

Exactly, altho I am not sure if they might change it for the next first year students, I doubt it lol
Sounds good. That's a bit better than I thought lol. Could you also explain real quick how DSAs work? Is it just time to complete specific assignments, or is it more/less structured?

Thanks so much for answering all my questions btw, I really appreciate it :)

Sounds good. That's a bit better than I thought lol. Could you also explain real quick how DSAs work? Is it just time to complete specific assignments, or is it more/less structured?

Thanks so much for answering all my questions btw, I really appreciate it :)
DSAs are extra supplementary lectures that do not have TBL sessions to go with it, but this material is still tested on the midterms and finals.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if lectures are recorded here?
Lectures are recorded, TBLs are just meant to discuss the material through answering application Qs, so you will be expected to learn the material on your own and come to class prepared.

Last edited:
Anyone get the welcome portal that asks for your AACOMAS id but doesn't seem to work?
If anyone still has questions about this, I emailed last night and got a response this morning. Put an 'A' in front of your AACOMAS id and that should work. If not, email to get in contact with IT.

I just received my interview invite! I am waitlisted at two other schools so I am hoping this is one goes better. Any suggestions? I am in state but have no significant ties to the community.

I just received my interview invite! I am waitlisted at two other schools so I am hoping this is one goes better. Any suggestions? I am in state but have no significant ties to the community.
congrats! mind sharing your stats?

Interview invite recieved today!

I have 3.1 sgpa 3.4 cgpa 502MCAT (5x) 5 year gap with a lot of experience working with the underserved
You sound like a good fit! Interview was very conversational, they only asked like two questions then the rest was just us chatting about OMM

II this morning!
I’m IS (SoCal), complete in early October

Last edited:
Does this program only provide private loans? It seems their tuition is hella high

I didn't know until now that this is a for-profit institution. I have generally read and heard only bad things about for-profit institutions, and am generally highly skeptical about them, but don't know much about what CHSU is like. I'm wondering if any current students can share their thoughts or if any other applicants have any opinions on this that they can share?

I didn't know until now that this is a for-profit institution. I have generally read and heard only bad things about for-profit institutions, and am generally highly skeptical about them, but don't know much about what CHSU is like. I'm wondering if any current students can share their thoughts or if any other applicants have any opinions on this that they can share?
for profit doesnt really bother me, deans and higher ups at any tuition are easily getting million dollar salaries, controversial opinion but just my two cents

Does this program only provide private loans? It seems their tuition is hella high
At my interview they said they were in the process of being approved for federal loans. Their pharmacy school already is so they were pretty confident about getting approved this spring.

Last edited:
At my interview they said they were in the process of being approved for private loans. Their pharmacy school already is so they were pretty confident about getting approved this spring.
Private loans? Did you mean federal

Has anyone applied for private loans yet? Does anyone know the process and deadline to do so?

does anyone know if the accepted day coming up in the 28th is mandatory?

just wanted to talk about my interview experience today. I was super nervous but it went great! My interviewer was super chill and after the 3 required questions, we just talked about common interests. Didn't get a great vibe from the two students who paneled though so if there are any current students here who would be willing to give me all the tea please lmk.

How soon did you all hear back about a decision after your interview? Was it exactly 2 weeks or sooner?

I recently interviewed, I love the interview day everyone is so sweet!!

If offered admission I will likely be turning it down the main reason being private loans only and virtual anatomy :/

Waitlisted :/ interviewed 1/10.

Weird because my interviewer said that I would be an strong fit for the campus 🤷

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if there is a lot of waitlist movement and does it mainly occur in May?