2022-2023 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Declining my II. Hope it goes to one of you guys!
Congrats for getting one! Do you mind me asking when your app was complete?

Members don't see this ad.

Late post, II last week, will be declining. I hope one of you fine folks receives it. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted!

Edit: giving up the waitlist spot, gl everyone!

Last edited:
waitlisted. :( This is my third one I'm feeling very down at the moment.

I was really expecting good news since my interviewer said they thought I was a very strong candidate and great fit.

Reactions: 1 users
IMG_8357.jpg

Too many times have these informational emails gotten my hopes up.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone received anything about background checks? Was told me should receive something this month.

For those of y’all interviewing tomorrow - first of all good luck!! I was just wondering if we get told our specific interview time within the 3 hour period once we log into zoom or if I missed an email? Thank you!

For those of y’all interviewing tomorrow - first of all good luck!! I was just wondering if we get told our specific interview time within the 3 hour period once we log into zoom or if I missed an email? Thank you!
Yes so when you log in you'll see a number by your name 1, 2, or 3 and those are the groups. Group 1 is interviewed first while the other two groups do other things and then you all meet back up in the end for next steps. There are about 4 people per group

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
waitlisted. :( This is my third one I'm feeling very down at the moment.

I was really expecting good news since my interviewer said they thought I was a very strong candidate and great fit.
Same exact situation

It’s so strange how this school seems to deal with interviews and waitlisting people. Last year they were interviewing up until July! Like why not use the waitlist?? I know there’s movement based on previous threads but it’s so hard to understand it all. #rantingsofawaitlister LOL

II just now. I have gotten a ton of late IIs this cycle. So weird. I will most likely however be declining the interview. Good luck everyone.

Withdrawing off waitlist, good luck to everyone here!🫰🏽

Last edited:
Withdrawing my app here! Hopefully it helps someone else down the line :). Good luck guys :)

Called admissions and they said WL movement happens around mid/late April and really in May. Fingers crossed fellow WLers!

For anyone who interviewed last week: did they say that decisions would take longer to come out for our group because the Dean will be gone for a bit? And if so, did anyone catch around how long it’ll take? The wait is brutal 😭

For anyone who interviewed last week: did they say that decisions would take longer to come out for our group because the Dean will be gone for a bit? And if so, did anyone catch around how long it’ll take? The wait is brutal 😭
interviewed 2/6. they said give them 3 weeks!

Just withdrew my A! Good luck everyone wishing us all best of luck this cycle 💪💪

Is anyone worried about accreditation status or potential future match rate? Was accepted here and plan to attend but just wondering what everyone else feels! All D.O schools were new at some point so my guess is this school will match great, especially since it is in Cali.

Is anyone worried about accreditation status or potential future match rate? Was accepted here and plan to attend but just wondering what everyone else feels! All D.O schools were new at some point so my guess is this school will match great, especially since it is in Cali.
I would most likely worry about how good they are at prepping their students for the boards and helping them succeed at that, so I personally would definitely look up that info before committing anywhere. Also, I don't know how much of a difference this does or does not make, but can anyone comment on whether the fact that it is a for-profit institution, and whether the fact that those are generally looked down upon by people, would impact students' chances for residency placement? I'm very curious about the answer to that. How much does the reputation or image of the specific school you attended matter and how much does it come down to purely your performance during medical school and your board exam scores?

I don’t think any DO school hasn’t gotten accredited, also matching is really on you and not the school

I would most likely worry about how good they are at prepping their students for the boards and helping them succeed at that, so I personally would definitely look up that info before committing anywhere. Also, I don't know how much of a difference this does or does not make, but can anyone comment on whether the fact that it is a for-profit institution, and whether the fact that those are generally looked down upon by people, would impact students' chances for residency placement? I'm very curious about the answer to that. How much does the reputation or image of the specific school you attended matter and how much does it come down to purely your performance during medical school and your board exam scores?
Look at RVU and BCOM’s match lists and there’s your answer, really no one cares about for profit besides SDN otherwise those schools wouldn’t be matching at places they do

• Love
If it gives anyone hope, I interviewed in Dec and got WL but I got a call for A just recently

Reactions: 3 users
At my interview they said they were in the process of being approved for federal loans. Their pharmacy school already is so they were pretty confident about getting approved this spring.
is this the same pharmacy school that has been denied pre-accreditation multiple times and has been suspended? i’m shocked they were able to get approval for federal loans, although i’m not sure it’ll do any good to those poor students now.

any tips on the interview? i have mine tomorrow
Good luck!! I was extremely nervous going into it, but it was the most relaxed interview I’ve ever had. I really felt like it was a genuine “I want to get to know you” conversation so no tips besides the usual “be yourself” :)

Waitlist post II, interviewed on 2/6
Me too, but interviewed 2/8 :-( pretty sad because like other applicants mentioned, thought my interview went really well, but maybe that’s just because they’re so friendly

It's strange how it goes. I thought my interview went terribly,, my interviewer was not warm or friendly but I also got a waitlist. Seems like they put a lot of us on the bench lol

It's strange how it goes. I thought my interview went terribly,, my interviewer was not warm or friendly but I also got a waitlist. Seems like they put a lot of us on the bench lol
Huh, yeah that is interesting. I’ve heard they have decent movement off the waitlist, so all hope is not lost, although it obviously would’ve been nice to receive happy news from the beginning. Good luck to everyone waitlisted!

The FB group up to 135 members (2 admin so 133 students). Been on the WL, hoping for movement. Anyone know how much longer are they interviewing?