2022-2023 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
2022-2023 CUSOM Secondary Essay Prompts: (no character limit imposed)

1. Briefly describe how your career goals align with the CUSOM Mission

2. What three qualities will you bring to CUSOM which will enhance the overall climate of our school? How do these qualities align with the CUSOM mission?

3. Osteopathic medicine parallels allopathic medicine but has distinct principles and practices. Which of these principles and practices are of greatest interest to you and why?

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email saying I was rejected since my MCAT was a 502. Apparently, you need a 50% in each section to be considered. My GPA was a 4.0, and I'm a rural applicant. Good luck you guys!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an email saying I was rejected since my MCAT was a 502. Apparently, you need a 50% in each section to be considered. My GPA was a 4.0, and I'm a rural applicant. Good luck you guys!
Dang, I got a 507 with a 4.0, rural applicant too, but I scored a 42% in Pysch/Soc... so I am awaiting the rejection

I have a 124 in CARS 48%, submitted primary. On the website they mentioned 123 being the cutoff, anyone get a secondary yet ?

I have received a secondary from every DO school I applied to except CUSOM. Nothing from them yet.

CUSOM is shooting themselves in the foot, because they're rejecting all y'all—oh well sucks for them.

I have a 51x and received a rejection notice for one subsection score being a 124 and telling me to reapply next year with at least a 125 in all sections. I think it's an automatic R if you have any score less than 125.

Welp maybe i’ll respond with hey why don’t you update your website… bc it’s currently misleading. i think they just want the primaries to roll in lol

I have an MCAT score of 51* (mid-teen) well over 125 on every section, a GPA of 3.7*, and haven't received the secondary yet. Did anyone receive secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes . Received email they will make a decision on application status in 3 weeks.

Last edited:
I got this email too, do they not have a secondary?
I haven't got an email about an interview. The email I got back in the middle of June just says that my application was recived and will be reviewed. I would be updated after they review it. Did another email go out?

I haven't got an email about an interview. The email I got back in the middle of June just says that my application was recived and will be reviewed. I would be updated after they review it. Did another email go out?
I misspoke. This is what they sent:

The committee will begin reviewing applications during the next three weeks and will be certain to follow up with you by e-mail regarding the status of your application at that time.

I received an application status update that they will be reviewing everything soon

I got an email this morning stating that they reviewed my app and will receive secondary early next week.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know that if most students who get a secondary end up getting an interview?

Just to let you guys know, I was rejected last cycle. Then in that same cycle, I got the acceptance call and currently, I'm at orientation.

P.S They just announced that the lectures are non-mandatory attendance. However labs are 100% attendance mandatory; quizzes alternate between online to being on-site.

Edit: added some words

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
3.9x/502 and they sent me an email saying I will be receiving a secondary. Weird. And I have 123 cars.
I got the same email last week. They said the secondary would be sent early this week. I still haven’t gotten it. I emailed admissions yesterday

Just received an email stating they had issues with their secondary portal system and that it would be resolved/sent to me by next week.

Also, I got a 123 on CARS so I don’t necessarily think the cut off is higher like someone else said.
Did you ever receive the secondary?

Quick question, does anyone know what the character limits are for these secondaries are?

How are we supposed to make our answers fit for the essay questions?

How are we supposed to make our answers fit for the essay questions?
Just received an email from admissions stating the following:
"The IT Department is in the process of adjusting the character limitations to the CUSOM Secondary Application that was emailed on Friday, July 29. Please pause in completing/submitting your secondary application and we will contact you as soon as we receive notification from the IT Department that the update has been made."

Just received an email from admissions stating the following:
"The IT Department is in the process of adjusting the character limitations to the CUSOM Secondary Application that was emailed on Friday, July 29. Please pause in completing/submitting your secondary application and we will contact you as soon as we receive notification from the IT Department that the update has been made."
What are the prompts? Ty

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone see any changes to secondary with the new link they sent out?

Is anyone actually putting an email address/mailing address for the physician that wrote you a letter of rec?

Is anyone having trouble saving answers on the secondary PDF? When I open my document the answers are there....but they just emailed me to let me know that my uploaded version was blank.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone having trouble saving answers on the secondary PDF? When I open my document the answers are there....but they just emailed me to let me know that my uploaded version was blank.
What are the prompts?

What are the prompts?
Briefly describe how your career goals align with the CUSOM Mission

What three qualities will you bring to CUSOM which will enhance the overall climate of our school? How do these qualities align with the CUSOM mission?

Osteopathic medicine parallels allopathic medicine but has distinct principles and practices. Which of these principles and practices are of greatest interest to you and why?

Hey everyone! I emailed admissions earlier today bc I didn't get the secondary yet, and they told me they are still working on the updates for the secondaries and are hoping to have it available soon. So we can rest assured! I believe they may be working on the blank PDF issue, but that's just a guess from me.

Update: I just received the secondary invite email lolll

Briefly describe how your career goals align with the CUSOM Mission

What three qualities will you bring to CUSOM which will enhance the overall climate of our school? How do these qualities align with the CUSOM mission?

Osteopathic medicine parallels allopathic medicine but has distinct principles and practices. Which of these principles and practices are of greatest interest to you and why?
Jeez they really increased the character count on these.