2022-2023 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know how to decline an acceptance? i cant find a link or anything
Email them and let them know

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I wish they would offer to move up your info session after any cancellations.

I did my Kira on 12/20, had to wait until the first week of January to schedule my info session b/c of the holiday break, and the soonest info session available was for 2/16.

I had a school send me an II, interview me, and accept me in the time since then lol

Yeah I’ve heard of a few people having that same issue
I would say to email them honestly because that’s pretty unfair

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, how did you guys prepare for kira assessment interview? How many questions do they ask and do they have a time limit for each question?

Thank you!

Hi, how did you guys prepare for kira assessment interview? How many questions do they ask and do they have a time limit for each question?

Thank you!
I believe that Kira assessment has some practice questions to get you accustomed to the software. The questions are very standard med school interview questions which you can google.

I just practiced some basic interview questions that I found on the internet.

There is a time limit for the questions, I believe it was 2-3 minutes.

Thank you!

I used the SDN interview feedback, it helped a good amount honestly
And I was asked 8 questions I believe and there was a time limit of 1:30-2 minutes per question

I used the SDN interview feedback, it helped a good amount honestly
And I was asked 8 questions I believe and there was a time limit of 1:30-2 minutes per question
oh that's quite a short time limit. Thank you!!

Reactions: 1 users
earliest group session im seeing rn is beginning of march

Members don't see this ad :)
They just sent me the survey again... I already filled it out in November.

Also, the subject "Application Complete Reminder"... YOU are reminding ME that MY application is complete? XDDDDD

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
They just sent me the survey again... I already filled it out in November.

Also, the subject "Application Complete Reminder"... YOU are reminding ME that MY application is complete? XDDDDD
Hoping you hear back soon 🫶

I’ve been put on a hold. Does anyone know what this means?? Is it basically a pre-II R?

Anyone send a letter of intent right away post interview? Should I wait to hear back first? Completed Kira back in December but had to sign up for a group session in mid Feb

Anyone send a letter of intent right away post interview? Should I wait to hear back first? Completed Kira back in December but had to sign up for a group session in mid Feb
Also wondering this!

Also wondering this!
I sent a letter of interest about 2-3 weeks after and they told me to expect to hear back 4-6 weeks. They uploaded it to my account the next day. No idea if it helped or not but I’ll be at DMU in the fall 😂

I sent a letter of interest about 2-3 weeks after and they told me to expect to hear back 4-6 weeks. They uploaded it to my account the next day. No idea if it helped or not but I’ll be at DMU in the fall 😂
Hi! After the interview on Kira or after the group session? Congrats!!!!!!

Just got accepted. Interviewed 2/10.
I will be declining.

Last edited:
Any current DMU students I could DM some questions? :)

Congrats!!! When was your group interview? I had mine earlier in Feb and just wondering if I should be keeping an eye out!
Thanks! My response was two weeks after my group interview and the same trend seemed to hold for people accepted from the February 2nd/3rd interview date.

Idk if they send all their acceptances for an interview date on the same day though.

Accepted today. Group on 2/10.

How is the group session structured? Have mine soon!

Accepted yesterday via text at 2 PM EST! Group session on 2/10 like most others who posted yesterday. Still haven't processed that the long ass application journey is over and I don't have to retake my MCAT

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted yesterday via text at 2 PM EST! Group session on 2/10 like most others who posted yesterday. Still haven't processed that the long ass application journey is over and I don't have to retake my MCAT
Yeah trust me you’re not alone. The process feels like an eternity!

Any one know which admitted students FB group is the right one? I would love to speak to any current students who came from the east coast and their experience moving far away, trying to match back to the east coast, etc... Looks like there has been more matching to the east coast over the last two years at DMU but I would love to hear first hand

Any one know which admitted students FB group is the right one? I would love to speak to any current students who came from the east coast and their experience moving far away, trying to match back to the east coast, etc... Looks like there has been more matching to the east coast over the last two years at DMU but I would love to hear first hand
I’ll PM it!

II on 1/20 and have not heard back…anyone know if that’s an R or WL? I have known people from my interview that have been A and R and have been notified just a few weeks after. They told me 4-6 weeks and my 6 weeks is this Friday… a little nervous now

II on 1/20 and have not heard back…anyone know if that’s an R or WL? I have known people from my interview that have been A and R and have been notified just a few weeks after. They told me 4-6 weeks and my 6 weeks is this Friday… a little nervous now
Also got the swag bag tshirt— does that mean anything?