2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still crickets with a 3.4 and 508...

Maybe I should just start writing my essays for next cycle...
Did you call them to ask about your application? I imagine you will get an interview. Surprised you haven’t gotten one yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you call them to ask about your application? I imagine you will get an interview. Surprised you haven’t gotten one yet.
I've emailed them twice now. Both times they said I would be contacted by the end of the week. First email was the first week of February and the second email was the first week of March. Haven't heard a thing and I'm worried I'm going to come off as "pushy" or "entitled" if I call/email again.

I've emailed them twice now. Both times they said I would be contacted by the end of the week. First email was the first week of February and the second email was the first week of March. Haven't heard a thing and I'm worried I'm going to come off as "pushy" or "entitled" if I call/email again.
I know what you mean. With your stats, surely you’ve gotten some other interviews at this point I would imagine. I would be pretty surprised if you don’t get one from VCOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found the phone call with admissions was more beneficial for me than over email.

I keep getting these emails about the Masters program and getting excited 🥺 anyone else getting them too? does it mean anything?

Can anyone tell me what the interview is like? Since it’s 2 interviews for 45 minutes, is it like MMI? How do you recommend I prepare?

Just got an II as an OOS applicant! Figured I wouldn’t hear anything from them. Application was finished end of July/ beginning of August. Is it safe to assume it’ll be for a waitlist spot?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
To the people who are asking about interviews/ the interview day:
I interviewed yesterday and the entire day was very laid back and was honestly pretty fun.
There are two 40 minute interviews. You will most likely have one with two faculty members and another one on one.
The interviews are open file and they dont throw you any curve balls. Just know your application well and be comfortable talking about why you are passionate about medicine!
Good luck yall :)

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed at the beginning of this month heard anything back?

Just got the A!! First one of the cycle and I added this school late (submitted secondary Feb 1st) so dont lose hope if you are in the same boat!

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed 3/24 and I was rejected post interview. Did anyone else have this experience? My interviews went well.

Hello everyone! I’m currently going through my pros and cons of attending vcom and want to know what you all have heard as cons?

Hello everyone! I’m currently going through my pros and cons of attending vcom and want to know what you all have heard as cons?

I know a few students there. They said their main cons are that it’s graded instead of p/f, lectures are mandatory, and searching for rotation spots in your fourth year

I know a few students there. They said their main cons are that it’s graded instead of p/f, lectures are mandatory, and searching for rotation spots in your fourth year
Current student here. Graded preclinical sucks, ~70% mandatory lecture attendance also sucks. Rotations aren’t too bad, you go thru a lottery in your 2nd year that determines where you are placed for 3rd/4th year (although you can set up your own rotations 4th year if you’d rather). Most people in my class were happy with their placements.

Overall, it is a good school and admin are fairly supportive. Biggest cons are universal to most DO schools (graded preclin, attendance, OMM, etc)