2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone interview in person? If so, how was it?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got my first II from here!! Does anyone have any tips for preparing for the interview? (it's in person)
The interviews were very laid back compared to some of my other interviews- so just relax and be yourself! Have the typical interview question answers ready (why DO, why our school), but also have a lot of questions ready to ask the interviewer. It is very conversational, but I ran out of questions! They also have a high post-II acceptance rate, so they really are just trying to get to know you.

Reactions: 1 users
II today, booked for a virtual interview but am trying to switch it to in person

Members don't see this ad :)
Marked complete on 10/5 but I haven't heard anything since. Is it worth checking in with admission?

I’m struggling to get ahold of their admissions office. Does anyone know the usual email turn around time or another way to reach them?

I’m struggling to get ahold of their admissions office. Does anyone know the usual email turn around time or another way to reach them?
I would try calling their main number like once in the morning and then once in the afternoon to see if you can catch someone.

Members don't see this ad :)
On the update survey I only added a new physician I shadowed because I didn’t see that they wanted updated on volunteering/jobs too - do you think I should try to email them to refill out that survey or does it matter? 🥴

On the update survey I only added a new physician I shadowed because I didn’t see that they wanted updated on volunteering/jobs too - do you think I should try to email them to refill out that survey or does it matter?

If you have something significant to add I would, I doubt it’d hurt anything to reach out. They’re super nice.

Just got an II! I was wondering if yall had any thoughts on in person vs virtual? When I looked at the dates I saw a virtual option that was about 2 weeks before the in-person so I went with that as I am OOS however, would it be a better idea to just go with in-person even if it's later?

Received waitlist today!! Hopefully there’s some movement soon and will be able to share some good news!

Are there any current VCOM Louisiana students lurking here that could describe what the school is like for them? I'm fortunate to have an acceptance and wondering what the school atmosphere was like, such as supportive faculty, general likes and dislikes, etc. I read a post a while back on the other VCOM campuses with some negative things to say and wondered if that was the vibe from the Monroe campus, too, even though it is the newest addition.

Just got an II! I was wondering if yall had any thoughts on in person vs virtual? When I looked at the dates I saw a virtual option that was about 2 weeks before the in-person so I went with that as I am OOS however, would it be a better idea to just go with in-person even if it's later?
I have heard that if you have the chance to go in person to go. I went in person and I feel like it definitely helped me have more of a connection to my interviewers.

I have heard that if you have the chance to go in person to go. I went in person and I feel like it definitely helped me have more of a connection to my interviewers.
What time did the in person interview start/end?

I withdrew my II, hope it goes to one of you!!

Submitted secondary on 7/6 and still haven't been marked complete.... it's been 84 years

Submitted secondary on 7/6 and still haven't been marked complete.... it's been 84 years
lmao i submitted 8.4 and silence. idk why people who submitted way after me got marked complete and even got ii and A's

Reactions: 1 user
lmao i submitted 8.4 and silence. idk why people who submitted way after me got marked complete and even got ii and A's
Yeah idk how they do it tbh. Louisiana was my 4th VCOM location rank and I got an II I think relatively quickly for it having to have been passed off four times. I submitted 7/2 and received II on 11/7. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah idk how they do it tbh. Louisiana was my 4th VCOM location rank and I got an II I think relatively quickly for it having to have been passed off four times. I submitted 7/2 and received II on 11/7. 🤷‍♀️
Though I will say I did send them an update letter with more hours and a new job I started so maybe they like seeing LOI. If anyone is in limbo with them might not hurt to send an update their way!

Has anybody gotten a post secondary R for this school?

Reactions: 1 user
I know folks that interviewed in March last year so should be more IIs to come