2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my first A🥹 interviewed 12/14. The letter was so personal. Im a re applicant and was starting to think this day wouldn’t come. Im sobbing at work

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A! I interviewed 10/18, was deferred 12/06, and accepted today. I am beyond excited!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got the A! I interviewed 10/18, was deferred 12/06, and accepted today. I am beyond excited!
Congrats, I was interviewed and deferred on those same dates. Did you send any updates? Tell me the secret formula :rofl:

Was also deferred. Interviewed 11/30. Really hoping this turns into an A since this is my top choice.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the A today around 10:30 AM today (2/15) after being deferred 1/17. Updated after deferral about HPSP award. In-state with a 518 MCAT and 3.96 GPA. Super stoked!!!

Reactions: 2 users
sooo what does it mean if we haven't heard anything today?? have to wait until next month or is my rejection letter on its way to my house 😭 lmao (deferred 1/17)

sooo what does it mean if we haven't heard anything today?? have to wait until next month or is my rejection letter on its way to my house 😭 lmao (deferred 1/17)
Nothing just wait. I've been deferred since 10/15. my interview was 9/7. I sent an update letter oct. Will send another one once my spring grades are posted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, I was interviewed and deferred on those same dates. Did you send any updates? Tell me the secret formula :rofl:
I didn't send in any updates, but I did attend the January 30th recruitment day. I don't know if that held any weight. Wishing you the best of luck!

I didn't send in any updates, but I did attend the January 30th recruitment day. I don't know if that held any weight. Wishing you the best of luck!
I also went to that recruitment day but also sent an update. Showing interest either, or both ways, probably helps in the end

Reactions: 1 users
So if one were to hear absolutely nothing this week after interviewing in January should one assume a rejection letter is in the mail? 😅😭

So if one were to hear absolutely nothing this week after interviewing in January should one assume a rejection letter is in the mail? 😅😭
Has anyone from January heard back? Might be too early!

Has anyone been accepted into the Abigail Scholars Program yet?
I was accepted to the program in January, but I ended up declining the offer because I did not feel 100% sure that it was right for me.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II just now, literally in SHOCK. here's all my info: LM69, WARS70, OOS, asian, complete mid-july, sent an update early january. only date available for me was march 1!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
For people who got accepted after being deferred, did you guys send in a letter of interest/intent?

For people who got accepted after being deferred, did you guys send in a letter of interest/intent?
I just sent an update letter with a bit of interest added. I also went to one of the recruitment days and mingled with the faculty. Any of those things may have helped, maybe they didn't

So at this pt, I've interviewed (10/24), been deferred (12/6), and sent an update letter (1/6). Is there anything more I can do on my part or am I just at the schools mercy rn?

ok now that I've processed my initial shock of getting the II and now I'm freaking out about prepping lol. anyone who's interviewed have any advice on their interview and how to prep? it's hitting me that it's like a week and a half from now. this is my only II of the cycle so I'm staying realistic but obviously I want to make the most of it :) thanks in advance regardless!!
I wouldn't stress too much, from what I remember it's a fairly generic interview process

So at this pt, I've interviewed (10/24), been deferred (12/6), and sent an update letter (1/6). Is there anything more I can do on my part or am I just at the schools mercy rn?
i'm in a similar spot as you, although my update letter was more of a letter of intent than anything as this is my top choice.
interviewed 10/3, deferred 11/7, sent LOI/update 12/31

Withdrew application and canceled my interview last night, and good luck to everyone!

Does Geisinger email you back to confirm they have received the update you sent over email?

Hey guys! Not sure if anyone else has been put in this situation but, I interviewed recently and I want to send an update/ letter of interest (it will be my second and last one). Do y'all think it would be wise to wait until after I hear back to send it? Or should I send it now since it's been a few weeks since my interview? Thanks! :)

Hey guys! Not sure if anyone else has been put in this situation but, I interviewed recently and I want to send an update/ letter of interest (it will be my second and last one). Do y'all think it would be wise to wait until after I hear back to send it? Or should I send it now since it's been a few weeks since my interview? Thanks! :)
i sent an LOI/update letter a bit less than 2 months after i interviewed, and about a month after being deferred. ig u could do it any time after interviewing

How long have people typically had to wait post-interview for a response? Do they send out decisions every month? TIA!

I’d definitely say to ask yourself if your update is important. If it’s significant and you think it has the potential to swing the vote in your favor then you should definitely send it now. Worst case is you’d send it when a decision was already made. Good luck!