2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Which campus provides which learning pathway? do all campuses have all 3 pathways?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering why I cannot see LECOM Elmira location at aacomas? Do you submit to the main campus and then in the secondary, we can choose what campus we prefer? is that how it works?
Sorry kinda confused as I only found Erie and Bradenton's location on aacomas!

Just wondering why I cannot see LECOM Elmira location at aacomas? Do you submit to the main campus and then in the secondary, we can choose what campus we prefer? is that how it works?
Sorry kinda confused as I only found Erie and Bradenton's location on aacomas!
choose erie on AACOMAS then LECOM will send you a secondary where you can choose emira as your first preference

What is LECOM’s secondary prompt?
Aside from the details about campus preference and some red-tape stuff like your preferred name, there is no essay or portion you have to write, which is nice.

Has anyone completed their interview yet? How did it go? What types of questions were you asked?

anyone know the minimum mcat here? is it 497

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know which LECOM campus accepts the lowest stat applicants?

Received II and scheduled information session but haven’t received separate email to record my interview. Has anyone had the same issue?

to whoever received IIs, when did you guys submit the secondary?

Also, to those who finished their info session, does your folder still say missing LORs, prereqs, etc?

For those who attended this location, do you know if it is fully accredited, or does it only have provisional accreditation? I kinda don't know how would that affect us as students if the college didn't receive full accreditation! I mean does it affect graduation, residency, or rotations? Any insight on this matter is appreciated!

For those who attended this location, do you know if it is fully accredited, or does it only have provisional accreditation? I kinda don't know how would that affect us as students if the college didn't receive full accreditation! I mean does it affect graduation, residency, or rotations? Any insight on this matter is appreciated!

It’s accredited

Reactions: 1 users
How soon after submitting the primary should I expect to receive a secondary?

How soon after submitting the primary should I expect to receive a secondary?
it took me only 1 day after AACOMAS transmitted applications to schools to receive my secondary for them but I would imagine it might take longer now that we're a bit farther into the cycle

For those of you who are attending the on-campus day at Elmira this Thursday:
1) if you are bringing a guest, how are they dressing? I plan to wear full interview clothes (blazer and all), but does my fiancé need to wear a blazer as well? or is a button-down/pants/tie fine for him?
2) does anybody know the code for the LECOM rate at the Clarion Hotel or is this something we have to directly call the hotel for?

Just now II received! Completed 8/10, OOS, URM c3.49 / s3.52 / 507
My first II, I'm shaking i didnt think i was qualified to get in anywhere, let alone getting one this early
Edit: typo of stats

Last edited:
  • Care
II just received :')

Just now II received! Completed 8/10, OOS, URM 3.48/507
My first II, I'm shaking i didnt think i was qualified to get in anywhere, let alone getting one this early
honestly felt the same as a reapplicant!

Under "Required Letters and Credits - View Folder Items," does anyone else have everything marked as missing?

just to confirm, if I received II from Erie and I listed Elmira as my second option, my interview will technically consider me for both campuses, right?

has anyone gotten accepted yet?
I’m not sure if this is right, but I think the earliest one can get accepted is October 15? And that’s if you decide to do early decision. Otherwise you’ll start hearing from November 15 onwards! That’s what it said in the pdf they sent when you got your II (just had info about II dates and decisions)

has anyone gotten accepted yet?
I’m not sure if this is right, but I think the earliest one can get accepted is October 15? And that’s if you decide to do early decision. Otherwise you’ll start hearing from November 15 onwards! That’s what it said in the pdf they sent when you got your II (just had info about II dates and decisions)
Early decision is BY September 30. Regular decision is by November 30.

But no one has been accepted yet. Last year it was on 9/29

Early decision is BY September 30. Regular decision is by November 30.

But no one has been accepted yet. Last year it was on 9/29
Oh okay so if you said you wanted to do early decision you would hear by September 30? That’s kinda crazy lol bc I think if you did your info session in September you’d still be eligible for that So the turn around time would be quick

Oh okay so if you said you wanted to do early decision you would hear by September 30? That’s kinda crazy lol bc I think if you did your info session in September you’d still be eligible for that So the turn around time would be quick
I think there’s a cut off for early decision for info session in September. Def I was one of the last ones for my info session tbh. I should’ve picked a date earlier

I think there’s a cut off for early decision for info session in September. Def I was one of the last ones for my info session tbh. I should’ve picked a date earlier
Lol September was all they had for me so I will run with it 😂

When’s the earliest you can get accepted if your info session is sept 16? I was planning to do early decision as well

When’s the earliest you can get accepted if your info session is sept 16? I was planning to do early decision as well
not sure, but it would be before oct 15. Mine is sept 23 and i plan to do early decision too!

whether we pick early decision or not will not affect our chances of acceptance right? I dont want to have to pay that deposit intermediately just in case I hear from any other schools