2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is absolutely ridiculous. I'm on day 16 after the "14" day letter notice- I know other people have waited even longer past this. Its bad enough that they send decisions out by physical mail anyway, but being incapable of getting the physical letters out within their own timeframe is even more frustrating. This school administratively screwed up their own early decisions process a few months ago, they sent out that confusing and misleading email the other day to everyone for the "class of 2027 on-campus day"... I feel like I'm starting to understand some of the negative criticism LECOM's administration gets.
Wait till day 22 like me

Members don't see this ad.

I'm well over a month into my portal saying "you will be notified in 14 days of the decision". Going to reject either way now, this is the first of probably many red flags by the admin.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
my letter is coming today and it's 0.52 postage too, I think it can be either WL/R. Can I ask what info session you were in?

This is absolutely ridiculous. I'm on day 16 after the "14" day letter notice- I know other people have waited even longer past this. Its bad enough that they send decisions out by physical mail anyway, but being incapable of getting the physical letters out within their own timeframe is even more frustrating. This school administratively screwed up their own early decisions process a few months ago, they sent out that confusing and misleading email the other day to everyone for the "class of 2027 on-campus day"... I feel like I'm starting to understand some of the negative criticism LECOM's administration gets.
Yeah it doesn’t end here, they require you to MAIL your deposit/signed matriculant agreement. At every turn they make things more complicated than it has to be

Reactions: 3 users
Day 14: still waiting, zilch on informed delivery
Day 15: came in on the Saturday morning mail, maybe got held up somewhere.
Result: alternate, mail or email response by 12/23.
Does alternate just mean waitlist?

Day 15: came in on the Saturday morning mail, maybe got held up somewhere.
Result: alternate, mail or email response by 12/23.
Does alternate just mean waitlist?
yea it's the same as WL

Does anyone have any idea whom I should address in the letter when I send the letter of intent?

Alternate list as well, I kind of wrote in the email: a letter of intent when I send the confirmation to be added to alternate list

Members don't see this ad :)
Get this- my admissions status never changed to 14 days or anything but I just got a letter in the mail saying I was on alternate list. 9/02 info session.

Reactions: 1 users
Got alternate list notification in the mail today, but will be declining my spot

My info session was 9/23. Letter dated for December 1st.

Good luck to everyone ❤

Who else here is "must go to Elmira and only Elmira? Is anyone attending the December campus tour? I am thinking of it. I am from the west coast, dying to visit this small city and check out the vibe.

I am waitlisted at Elmira, too. So, who is going to the campus tour with the "alternate acceptance" status?

Hi everyone! I just received my waitlist letter yesterday in the mail after seeing the notification in the portal for several days, but will be withdrawing from the waitlist as I got into my top choice! Good luck to all of you

Does not going to the campus visit post interview negatively affect us somehow? Or does going positively affect their decision?

Nov 4th peeps, where y'all at? Any news

If you all really think about it, the questions asked on the "interview" aren't necessarily interview questions as it was computer generated and with the fact that the "secondary" is mostly pay fee, this "interview" is more likely a secondary type style. Food for thought.

anyone who interviewed at elmira rejected yet post interview?

Anyone here waiting to hear a discussion want to blow their brains out like me?

Withdrawing my A soon, excited for whomever is considered for the seat!

Reactions: 1 users
My info session was 9/30. Portal updated last Friday to "decision made"/14 day notice. No mail yet.
I interviewed for Elmira but marked Erie as my first choice, and my portal did the switch others have noted: Erie had been "under review" but it now has the 14 day notice; Elmira had been "committee will let you know decision" (something to that effect) and now is "under review." Probably pointless to try to read those tea leaves; just hoping.
did you hear back?

II today! the email was confusing about when my info sesh is, it basically just talks about how to submit the virtual interview. Does anyone know how to schedule the date for the info sesh?

II today! the email was confusing about when my info sesh is, it basically just talks about how to submit the virtual interview. Does anyone know how to schedule the date for the info sesh?

Same. First II! Im so excited. But I don’t know when info session is either

Same. First II! Im so excited. But I don’t know when info session is either
Congrats! I figured it out, it's in the portal. Go to the interview tab, there'll be a place to schedule an info session there. Earliest I could find was on 1/27.

For those who attended the on-campus day prior to receiving any decision (A, WL, R), what ended up being the decision?

II received today! complete mid June. I thought I'd been passed over. Earliest info session was first week of February.

For our II, should we tailor answers to Elmira or to LECOM in general? Can other campuses see our interview answers?

Will LECOM be able to see the 30 seconds we have to prep for the question we are about to answer? I hoping they won't be able to see me panic in those 30 seconds😅