2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got a portal change to 30 days but I never got an email saying my portal was updated. Is this probably an R?

Members don't see this ad.

I got the phone call exactly like the ones mentioned a page or two ago. Is this an A?? I haven’t received any Mail or email but my portal is now 14 day. I’m so anxious waiting to figure what the call meant
Were you on the WL/AL before the call and portal change?

Members don't see this ad :)
When you guys say portal change do you mean when you click the little application status link it says something else?

Where did you guys send your LOI to? I sent it to the general admissions email, but got no response, so I was wondering if its worth sending it to an admissions director directly

What AIS score did you apply with?
ACT and GPA. Mine was 121. I currently work for a doctor who graduated from LECOM and currently lectures there that wrote me a LOR, so I don’t know if that helped me out.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Seeing as this school seems to have a reputation for poor communication and taking much longer to get back to applicants than they say they will, should someone who had their info session as late as the end of April just expect to hear back.... never? XD

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a way to decline WL online or is the only option replying to the letter by mail? Also what would happen if I didn't respond with anything (lol) ?

Is there a way to decline WL online or is the only option replying to the letter by mail? Also what would happen if I didn't respond with anything (lol) ?
You can just send the letter in via email declining

Reactions: 1 user
I received a call today from LECOM asking if I am still interested. They said a decision will be sent to me tm. I was on the waitlist so not sure if this means I am accepted. My portal now says " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days."

I received a call today from LECOM asking if I am still interested. They said a decision will be sent to me tm. I was on the waitlist so not sure if this means I am accepted. My portal now says " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days."
I received the same call today!

Has anyone from the Feb 24 info session hear back? My portal still hasn’t changed. Not sure what to do

when were you WL?

Has anyone from the Feb 24 info session hear back? My portal still hasn’t changed. Not sure what to do
Same date, still nothing but a phone call from the dean asking if was still interested last month.

Are there any current students I could talk to and asks some questions about student-life?

Withdrawing my acceptance from here, hopefully it goes to one of you guys. This school only recently got back to me after 3 to 4 months of waiting and personally, I'm a bit irritated by this matter. I hope this acceptance goes to one of you deserving people who have yet to receive an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrawing my acceptance from here, hopefully it goes to one of you guys. This school only recently got back to me after 3 to 4 months of waiting and personally, I'm a bit irritated by this matter. I hope this acceptance goes to one of you deserving people who have yet to receive an acceptance.
Where will you attend?

Hey did you get any decision after the portal change?

Yeah, I also want to rant a little about how long it took for them to get back to me. I got the II in August 2022, completed the 1 hour info session in December 2022, and didn't get a decision until May 2, 2023. None of my emails were replied to, so I called them every month with no update on my status. Thank goodness I got the A from other schools because I was going crazy waiting for this one. It was also my earliest interview so I thought I would get their decision the earliest.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted off the WL today! Is there any GroupMe or Facebook group for accepted students?

I just received the interest call as well. Does this imply that I got the A or is there still a possibility of rejection? All the portal says is that I will get a letter within two weeks.

I just received the interest call as well. Does this imply that I got the A or is there still a possibility of rejection? All the portal says is that I will get a letter within two weeks.
When did you get your call? I got my first one in March and then another on Friday.

1/27 Info Session:
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.

Does it mean rejection? what are your thoughts?
I just got the same update on my portal! Were you rejected or waitlisted or accepted, if you don't mind sharing of course.

Got a portal change to 30 days but I never got an email saying my portal was updated. Is this probably an R?
Got the same update today. I am so nervous. Did you get an A, R, or W? Also, did you ever receive an email?

4/12 info session, just got a portal update today that a decision has been made 😭

Is there going to be any WL movement for Erie? Also if I ranked SH #2 what are the chances to get off the waitlist for SH?

Is there going to be any WL movement for Erie? Also if I ranked SH #2 what are the chances to get off the waitlist for SH?
If you're on the waitlist, you have to look at the letter you received and see where it says you're waitlisted at. If it says something like "you have been placed on the waitlist for SH for the PBL pathway," then that means if you get in, that's the location/pathway you will be placed in. I highly doubt that they'll look through your other preferences

If you're on the waitlist, you have to look at the letter you received and see where it says you're waitlisted at. If it says something like "you have been placed on the waitlist for SH for the PBL pathway," then that means if you get in, that's the location/pathway you will be placed in. I highly doubt that they'll look through your other preferences
I see ngl I lost my letter and sent the other one back