2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
waitlisted last cycle, applied again and still no II for this cycle, things are not looking good for me, so stressed and sad..
I feel that, had a 497 MCAT last cycle, 1 waitlist and never got off. Retook the MCAT in May and got a 500, big oof. but I have 1 Interview so far.. to the same school that waitlisted me last year :) 500 isn't great, but feeling a lot more confident than last year for sure, cause I got a medical scribe job and more shadowing experience, DO letter this time etc. So just keep your heads up!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel that, had a 497 MCAT last cycle, 1 waitlist and never got off. Retook the MCAT in May and got a 500, big oof. but I have 1 Interview so far.. to the same school that waitlisted me last year :) 500 isn't great, but feeling a lot more confident than last year for sure, cause I got a medical scribe job and more shadowing experience, DO letter this time etc. So just keep your heads up!
im in the same boat- where did you get an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how soon after do we hear our decision after attending the info session? Mine is last week and I already completed the asynchronous interview, so would I hear back sometime in august?

Does anyone know how soon after do we hear our decision after attending the info session? Mine is last week and I already completed the asynchronous interview, so would I hear back sometime in august?
Your session was in July? I thought the earliest date was august 5th.

Has anyone with the august session still not completed the interview yet lol?
my info session is on the 12th, gonna try to do it this weekend. I'm just really nervous on how to prepare since it's just recording yourself

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Guys. My application status just went from “we have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin you will be notified as updates are made” to “your application status has been processed and will be sent to the admissions committee for further review” I feel like this is bad. Is this bad? Anyone else have this? Send help

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone completed their interview yet? How did it go? What types of questions were you asked?

I had that for the longest time now for both Erie and Bradenton. I only got an II from Erie but nothing for Bradenton.

I only have it for Bradenton so hopefully it’s a good sign! I’m under review for Erie camps

Idk about anyone else that completed the interview, but I found it extremely awkward! Here's hoping they like me enough on paper to accept me anyways lol

Idk about anyone else that completed the interview, but I found it extremely awkward! Here's hoping they like me enough on paper to accept me anyways lol
were the questions difficult?

Can anyone who has completed the interview confirm if it's 1.5 minutes or 2 minutes? SDN interview page had a few people mentioning their email said 1.5 minutes but in actuality, it was 2 minutes, which has got me a bit nervous.

Sorry for spamming in this thread but one more thing... do y'all pronounce it "LEE-COM" bradenton rather than "leh com" bradenton? wanna make sure I don't sound like an idiot during my interview lol

Sorry for spamming in this thread but one more thing... do y'all pronounce it "LEE-COM" bradenton rather than "leh com" bradenton? wanna make sure I don't sound like an idiot during my interview lol
I’ve always heard “Lee-com”

I think it Leecom. I could be wrong though. I haven’t done my interview yet. I have until 9/16 though. So I’m biding my time.

How far out is Bradenton currently scheduling interviews? I hear Erie is already into mid November for interview dates. Patiently waiting and hoping for an interview....

My welcome session is 8/5 - the email says, "You are required to submit your video by the date of your ZOOM Session (see step two below)."
So does that mean hypothetically I could complete it the evening after the info session? As long as it is complete on 8/5? Regardless of if it's done before or after the info sessions?

For some reason I had interpreted it as needing to be complete 8/4.

My welcome session is 8/5 - the email says, "You are required to submit your video by the date of your ZOOM Session (see step two below)."
So does that mean hypothetically I could complete it the evening after the info session? As long as it is complete on 8/5? Regardless of if it's done before or after the info sessions?

For some reason I had interpreted it as needing to be complete 8/4.
I believe that it should be done before 8/5, which is the date of your info session

anyone know the minimum mcat here? is it 497

Is anyone else’s informational kind of far out? Like mine is at the end of September and I got my II about a week ago.

How long is the typical wait time after secondary submission for an II or rejection decision? It’s been 3 weeks since I submitted mine and getting anxious …

I believe they sent emails to those that scored below a 40th percentile. I would assume it was 499?? But you can offer to submit SAT/ACT scores instead.
huh thats weird, choose DO said 497 :/

If you don't reach the 50th percentile, you can use AIS score, which is SAT/ACT with GPA. All you need is 110 to be competitive
unfortunately my GPA relies heavily on my trend which makes AIS nearly impossible

A month into submitting secondaries and no movement.Portal only says secondary received 🙃

Hi! I’ve been following this thread and you and I seem to have similar applications (AIS, secondary date). Have you heard anything since your portal changed on Friday? Are you OOS for LECOM-B?

Hey! No changes yet ugh but I’m IS!

that LECOM Bradenton interview was... tough...
First of all, it's 2 minute responses... not 1.5 like the email says. You have unlimited break time between questions, which is nice. But NONE of them were standard "why medicine?" "why osteopathy" "why our med school?" "tell us about yourself" ANYTHING like that.

DM for specifics.... phew.

edit - wanted to add that there's like an interesting hint key-word you see before you access the question - so like one was "professionalism" and I saw that word before I saw the question. Which is super helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
that LECOM Bradenton interview was... tough...
First of all, it's 2 minute responses... not 1.5 like the email says. You have unlimited break time between questions, which is nice. But NONE of them were standard "why medicine?" "why osteopathy" "why our med school?" "tell us about yourself" ANYTHING like that.

DM for specifics.... phew.

edit - wanted to add that there's like an interesting hint key-word you see before you access the question - so like one was "professionalism" and I saw that word before I saw the question. Which is super helpful.

It’s 30 seconds to think about it and then 1.5 minutes to respond. So 2 minutes total

It’s 30 seconds to think about it and then 1.5 minutes to respond. So 2 minutes total
no. It was 30 seconds to read question, 2 minutes to answer.

Anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is like?

I got my II last month and my interview isn’t until November lmao. Will probably periodically check but currently thankful it’s further out because I have others this month. If you were able to schedule earlier I would recommend periodically checking the portal to see if you can switch to earlier dates, as someone likely dropped :)
So Bradenton is scheduling interviews into November already? I knew the Erie campus was already into December for interviews but didn't know Bradenton was that booked out too. Ugh.

So Bradenton is scheduling interviews into November already? I knew the Erie campus was already into December for interviews but didn't know Bradenton was that booked out too. Ugh.

Hate to see it

Ah I’m so sorry! I look at these forums on my phone through the app and I thought this was Erie’s thread. Disregard my last comment.

For those who got II, did the folder items ever change to check marks or are the still X’s?

Anyone know how LECOM pulls off the waitlist? Is it by order of your placement on the waitlist or do they categorize you based on trait/character/stats?