2022-2023 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would
3.4 science gpa and 3.4 total gpa be competitive here? Asking for next cycle!

I have a significantly lower cGPA and sGPA, went through all three interviews. I’ll let you know if I get accepted..?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone ever received an interview invite while waiting for their Casper scores to comeback?

I remember you mentioned you have a PhD acceptance - I was about to apply MD/PhD in 2020 when I got an acceptance to a DBA program (long story that makes sense for anyone who cares to listen to it, haha). I was struggling on whether I should accept the invite or continue toward MD/PhD when the director of pre-professional advising on my campus (who was writing a LoR for me) said, "Hey, you're wanting to do research in health systems... take this doctorate and do that research you've been wanting to do for years. Med school will still be here when you're done." Although the DBA is a slightly different experience than the PhD, it was an amazing experience for me and I'm certain yours will be, too. If you're still interested in practicing medicine like I am, in a few short years you'll be a stronger candidate and you can apply again. Either way, I'm hoping for the best for you and your loved ones and am rooting for your professional and personal successes.

Reactions: 3 users
I remember you mentioned you have a PhD acceptance - I was about to apply MD/PhD in 2020 when I got an acceptance to a DBA program (long story that makes sense for anyone who cares to listen to it, haha). I was struggling on whether I should accept the invite or continue toward MD/PhD when the director of pre-professional advising on my campus (who was writing a LoR for me) said, "Hey, you're wanting to do research in health systems... take this doctorate and do that research you've been wanting to do for years. Med school will still be here when you're done." Although the DBA is a slightly different experience than the PhD, it was an amazing experience for me and I'm certain yours will be, too. If you're still interested in practicing medicine like I am, in a few short years you'll be a stronger candidate and you can apply again. Either way, I'm hoping for the best for you and your loved ones and am rooting for your professional and personal successes.
I have another interview but if that fails and I receive no more interviews, I'll be PhD bound. After a PhD, I'm not sure if I'd have the stamina to come back (although the passion would be there still).

I have another interview but if that fails and I receive no more interviews, I'll be PhD bound. After a PhD, I'm not sure if I'd have the stamina to come back (although the passion would be there still).
where is your next interview? my DM's are open if you need help prepping! a ton of people helped me so i wanna pay it forward <3

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Please prep hard for this interview, I don't think your application or whats on paper is the issue here. But best wishes and congrats in advance! : )

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have interviewed, what advice do you have for interview prep?

I know it sounds cliché, but just be yourself. The questions aren’t hard. They really are just trying to get to know who you are and how your mind works. That’s really it. My two cents, anyway. I haven’t been accepted yet, so obviously take my advice with a grain of salt.

Is Casper even required for Meharry because I’m debating if I even submitted it and I don’t know if I did

Is Casper even required for Meharry because I’m debating if I even submitted it and I don’t know if I did
Yes it is required. Im just not sure how much weight is placed on it. If you already took Casper I think you can still add schools to your profile.

I just added it now. I forgot to do it a while. So I’m not sure either

Reactions: 2 users
Yes not sure how much weight is put on it. Did anyone get an interview without submitting their casper

I GOT THE A!!!!!!
Complete 10/15
Interviews done 2/12

• Love
Reactions: 39 users
Thank you, EVERYONE!!!
I am living PROOF!!! You see my stats!!!
IT WAS GOD, not me!!!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
wooo that under review email almost gave me a heart attack. i was 10000000% convinced it was a rejection

Also, has anyone that turned in their secondary in December received any movement?

did you get it too? seeing the replies of everyone saying they didn't get it has me assuming (yet again) that im rejected :/

I haven’t heard of anyone else getting one of those what did it say?

On behalf of the School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you again for the time and effort taken in submitting your AMCAS application for admission to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College.

If you are receiving this email, please note that that your application is under review. The Admissions Committee completes a holistic screening and review process. Once the review of your application has been completed, and all supporting documents have been received, you will be notified with a status update.

We will not review any letters of intent or other application updates at this time. Additionally, because of the large volume of applications, individual status updates can not be given via email or phone. You will receive written communication when an update is available.

Thank you again for your patience and continued interest in Meharry Medical College

On behalf of the School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you again for the time and effort taken in submitting your AMCAS application for admission to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College.

If you are receiving this email, please note that that your application is under review. The Admissions Committee completes a holistic screening and review process. Once the review of your application has been completed, and all supporting documents have been received, you will be notified with a status update.

We will not review any letters of intent or other application updates at this time. Additionally, because of the large volume of applications, individual status updates can not be given via email or phone. You will receive written communication when an update is available.

Thank you again for your patience and continued interest in Meharry Medical College

If anything I would take that as a good sign! They are still considering you it sounds like. I’m thinking because I didn’t get the email that they might not be reviewing mine anymore and it’s over . Keep your head up! It’s probably a good thing.

Has anyone else received this email? I submitted my secondary in October, and have had no communication from them since then

Nothing yet. But I wouldn’t go as far to say anything till the last acceptance

I got this email a long awhile ago

did you get it too? seeing the replies of everyone saying they didn't get it has me assuming (yet again) that im rejected :/

I didn’t get it either, and I’m starting to think the same as you. However, being optimistic, they could have a system of how they are reviewing these applications, and maybe the people who receive that email are just within that said group that they are reviewing.

This is definitely positive news. Hopefully you hear back within the next 2 weeks.

Does anybody know what the best way of getting into contact with current students is?

Well although it is historically an HBCU, its current mission talks about fostering diversity overall and "providing opportunities for people of color and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds", so I wouldn't be surprised if it is an ongoing effort on their part to open up their admissions to non-Black people who also fall under those definitions. It would therefore also not surprise me if the percentage of Black students decreased over time, and if that corresponded to an increase in the percentage of students of other disadvantage identities/backgrounds.
Love their mission. Asian friend of mine attend this school.