2022-2023 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just Curious, was anyone interviewed without taking CASPER?

Members don't see this ad.

Just Curious, was anyone interviewed without taking CASPER?
I was interviewed without MSUCOM having my CASPER results yet. I had already taken my CASPER exam, but I hadn't sent the results in to MSUCOM until after they invited me to interview because I didn't realize they required CASPER.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else still waiting to hear back pre-II? I was complete in mid September with strong ties, IS, 3.1 sGPA undergrad, 3.8 sGPA master's (after 28 credits), and 500. Sent a letter of interest in December, and now I am just keeping my fingers crossed because this is my dream school. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else still waiting to hear back pre-II? I was complete in mid September with strong ties, IS, 3.1 sGPA undergrad, 3.8 sGPA master's (after 28 credits), and 500. Sent a letter of interest in December, and now I am just keeping my fingers crossed because this is my dream school. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.
I also haven't heard anything. Also IS, completed early Sept, 3.6 sGPA. It's been crickets.

Really hoping for more decisions this week. Interviewed 1/23.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No II, submitted secondary on 7/26. OOS, but strong in state ties. Sent an update with 4.0 grad gpa and letter of continued interest. Don't give up hope friends! Remember it only takes 1!

Best of luck, pre II rejection an hr ago

+2 :/
+3 :((( I was really hoping to get at least get an interview here since I'm IS and this is my third time applying here with significantly improved stats. at least I have other acceptances to fall back on, so the blow isn't as devastating. but it still seriously sucks

I know Detroit is definitely full. It was in the email they sent out to accepted students recently. There’s a waitlist for accepted applicants who want a site transfer. I highly doubt EL (200 seats at EL) is full and based on them not mentioning the Macomb campus in the email (even though it’s the same amount of spots as DMC) then I highly doubt they are full as well.

just got an interview invite this morning! good luck everyone!

Me too. Submitted secondary in august. Haven’t heard a thing back

International student. I was complete early July. Haven not heard anything since. Lost hope from Michigan at this point. All the best to everyone.

International student. I was complete early July. Haven not heard anything since. Lost hope from Michigan at this point. All the best to everyone.
Don't lose hope! Especially with online and zoom interviews there is a lot of movement later in cycles now. I was complete in July as well, it isn't over until they say it is. :)

Anyone know is MSU is true pass or fail? Heard they made some changes.

accepted by phone call :) ! interviewed 2/3

oh shoot do they usually call? I ignored a call from Kalamazoo, MI thinking it was spam
me too - i ignored the call at first, but she called back about an hour later with the same number! she said acceptance emails will come out tomorrow.

for those accepted, have you received scholarships? if so, how long after acceptance did you receive it?

for those accepted, have you received scholarships? if so, how long after acceptance did you receive it?

Got accepted in December but still haven’t received anything. Not sure when they’ll send it but I hope soon so it’ll be easier to figure out financial aid sooner than later

Just got an A! Email, no call yet. First A of cycle. So excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!!!! When was your interview??
Thank you! I interviewed 1/23. I'm kind of shocked, because I am OOS, and even though my GPA is great, my MCAT was below their norm. I'm very non-trad/unique story though so that probably helped.

How can I find more information on the three campuses? Would appreciate some advice on how people chose their respective campus :')

Last edited:
is there an accepted student groupme 👀

I apologize for the many questions, is it true we need to fill out both 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 FAFSA?

App complete on 12/15, interviewed 2/2, and got on the first tier waitlist today. Anyone have an idea of A% off this list?