2022-2023 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the A call! Interviewed 3/2

Congrats! That was a pretty quick turnaround at least compared to others who received their decision this week. How did you feel about your interview if you don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! That was a pretty quick turnaround at least compared to others who received their decision this week. How did you feel about your interview if you don't mind me asking?
Really quick! I felt that it went really good! My interviewer was really relaxed and gave me a lot of opportunities to talk about things I felt would help me stand out!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received the A email today, oos, mcat 501, masters cgpa 3.7, & just lots of life experience, but will most likely be turning it down, hope it goes to one of you on here, i know how hard the wait is/this is my second cycle :')

Reactions: 2 users
Received the A email today, oos, mcat 501, masters cgpa 3.7, & just lots of life experience, but will most likely be turning it down, hope it goes to one of you on here, i know how hard the wait is/this is my second cycle :')
Congratulations!!! When was your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed 2/8 got the A on 3/6! OOS ORM 3.5 cgpa, 508. only macomb is open now, i’m on waitlist for EL. anyone know what research opportunities are like at macomb compared to other campuses?

how do I pay the deposit fee? I got the A and see all the info on how to accept, but don’t see any instructions on paying the deposit???

how do I pay the deposit fee? I got the A and see all the info on how to accept, but don’t see any instructions on paying the deposit???
Hey. Congrats on the acceptance! You have to go on the portal and accept the offer first. Then you are able to pay the deposit. I hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
interviewed 2/8 got the A on 3/6! OOS ORM 3.5 cgpa, 508. only macomb is open now, i’m on waitlist for EL. anyone know what research opportunities are like at macomb compared to other campuses?
During the research session last Thursday they said EL is more translational research heavy and Detroit and Macomb are more clinical research heavy

Does anyone know about site waitlist movement in past years? I am currently in the EL waitlist and they said they just started that waitlist last week. Wondering if I would have a good chance of getting off the EL waitlist

Does anyone know about site waitlist movement in past years? I am currently in the EL waitlist and they said they just started that waitlist last week. Wondering if I would have a good chance of getting off the EL waitlist
Are you is/oos/canadian?

do you know how many spots are left in macomb

Does anybody know if people who are giving up their A’s now, do those go to waitlist or students still interviewing?

Does anybody know if people who are giving up their A’s now, do those go to waitlist or students still interviewing?
My guess is waitlist movement will not happen until they have reached a decision for all people interviewing

First-tier waitlist for me as well. Good luck to everyone that got waitlisted. Lets stay hopeful

are they still giving out acceptances or only waitlist

Still waiting to hear back from my interview, 3/21, anxiety is through the roof lmao

Can someone call to find out how their first tier waitlist works? Is it ranked by stats or do people who were waitlisted first get taken off the waitlist first? I tried calling but it keeps going to voicemail.
Each tier of the waitlist is ranked within that tier. Your ranking is based on your overall admissions package (application, interview performance, etc.), not when you were waitlisted. You will not be able to find out your rank within the tier: that information is privileged and for the admissions committee only. I know that some other schools like to give out some veiled information that leads you to believe that you're next to be called off a waitlist, but that doesn't happen here.

Reactions: 3 users
Each tier of the waitlist is ranked within that tier. Your ranking is based on your overall admissions package (application, interview performance, etc.), not when you were waitlisted. You will not be able to find out your rank within the tier: that information is privileged and for the admissions committee only. I know that some other schools like to give out some veiled information that leads you to believe that you're next to be called off a waitlist, but that doesn't happen here.
Put on first tier last week (3/31) (interview 3/3).
Do they constantly funnel people into the different tiers (including tier 1) until the end of interviews? Or do only a limited number of people get put on tier 1, no matter how much movement there is within the tier itself?

Just rejected outright today. Interviewed 3/22. Interview went very well. 508 MCAT, 3.95 GPA, publication, and decent ECs all around. Wish the best of luck to everyone else, sometimes certain things aren't meant to be.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Tier 2 IS 508 3.8 might as well have rejected me

• Care
If I was tier 3 back in November am I just rejected or could I have moved up in the waitlist?

Just rejected outright today. Interviewed 3/22. Interview went very well. 508 MCAT, 3.95 GPA, publication, and decent ECs all around. Wish the best of luck to everyone else, sometimes certain things aren't meant to be.
Did you get into any md or other do with these stats?

Did you get into any md or other do with these stats?
No. However, I interviewed at 5 schools (3 MD 2 DO). Currently waiting to hear back from 1 MD and 1 DO. I was in state for MSUCOM too.